Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i smell a set up for a fraudulent lawsuit

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
What people won't do to try and get ahead in this world.

I'm sorry Sherm but I've got's to say it---bet the pic was of two sesame seed buns with special sauce. :D

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, I think it's kind of prudish, at best, to think that taking or having nude photos of your spouse is something you should be ashamed of.

Second of all - who's business is it what's on your phone, or your camera, or in your house - nobody's - that's who's.

Thirdly, I don't think the McDonald's Corp. is at fault, but, if you left your wallet at the restaurant and they held it for you - and all the money was missing - you'd be thinking differently I'd bet.

I do think someone is responsible - whoever agreed to take care of the phone. Legally. If you agree to take care of someone's possession, you are legally liable to make sure that it is returned in the same shape you received it in. Stealing the contents is NOT returning it the way you
got it.

I guess privacy is a thing of the past.

B

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
mcgearhead said:
Mrs O,
I bet the pictures was still in the phone ! So nobody stole anything ! The phone was probably in the same condition !

All they probably have to do is check the email sent file if it wasn't erased.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
First of all, I think it's kind of prudish, at best, to think that taking or having nude photos of your spouse is something you should be ashamed of.

Second of all - who's business is it what's on your phone, or your camera, or in your house - nobody's - that's who's.

Thirdly, I don't think the McDonald's Corp. is at fault, but, if you left your wallet at the restaurant and they held it for you - and all the money was missing - you'd be thinking differently I'd bet.

I do think someone is responsible - whoever agreed to take care of the phone. Legally. If you agree to take care of someone's possession, you are legally liable to make sure that it is returned in the same shape you received it in. Stealing the contents is NOT returning it the way you
got it.

I guess privacy is a thing of the past.

B

I agree with this the only person responsable is the person who promised to
take care of it.

Then again.
Did they get their phone back as Promised
were the pics still in it ? ?

this person may have commited a legal rights crime
by publishing without a release but other then that

no harm no foul in my opinion
Mckeydoogles isn't a fault
unless their board of directors was directly involved.
Does McD's get Stolen by the D.A. & Sold at Sheriffs sale
everytime one of their Employees gets cauught
selling weed through the Drive Through ?
No. not their fault.

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
jeff of pa said:

Does McD's get Stolen by the D.A. & Sold at Sheriffs sale
everytime one of their Employees gets cauught
selling weed through the Drive Through ?
No. not their fault.
I didn't know they were doing that. So when they ask ifyou'd "like fries or anything else" with your order, you can ask for a McBlunt.

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm smelling a rat as a previous poster stated. How do we know the guy didn't post them to the internet himself just before leaving the phone at mickey D's. They have deep pockets...remember the spilled coffee fiasco.

Jim

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
IMO, just another low class moe-ron looking for a fast buck. If these people were so concerned with his wife's
vanity, why send these pics in the first place. Why doesn't he sue the company that made the cell phone that
takes pictures, they should have made them id-i-ot proof. The judge should throw this case out & fine the lawyer
for presenting it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tubecity said:
IMO, just another low class moe-ron looking for a fast buck. If these people were so concerned with his wife's
vanity, why send these pics in the first place. Why doesn't he sue the company that made the cell phone that
takes pictures, they should have made them id-i-ot proof. The judge should throw this case out & fine the lawyer
for presenting it.

My guess the first thing they tried was Hiring
a Lawyer to sue the site they were Posted.

The Lawyer Checked & realized they had an Iron clad system
that couldn't be sued without alot of money & Time.

So the Lawyer suggested Mickey's because they will
more then likely offer a settlement.

Phone Company would be a last resort :wink:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcgearhead said:
Mrs O,
I bet the pictures was still in the phone ! So nobody stole anything ! The phone was probably in the same condition !

McGearhead--"shame" is not an issue here--the couple was not ashamed (and had NO reason to be ashamed!) when it was just each other that the photos were between. Of COURSE they're ashamed now that the whole World can view them! I don't know what type of foolish logic would state otherwise!

If they were posted on the internet by a McDo employee, then it is defamation--and theft.  Those photographs were the property of those who took them!  If you don't believe that, then you should do some research into copyright law.  They cannot be legally posted by anyone else without permission--and Especially photos of such a "sensitive" nature.  That amounts to defamation or slander.

Well said, Mrs. O! :thumbsup:

Those who have a problem with a husband and wife having a little fun should probably join a monastery.   :P

Nothing wrong with that. 

(But I do agree that there is probably a fraudulent law suit in the making--such an easy set-up for a big payoff.)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
mcgearhead said:
Mrs O,

If they were posted on the internet by a McDo employee, then it is defamation--and theft. Those photographs were the property of those who took them! If you don't believe that, then you should do some research into copyright law. They cannot be legally posted by anyone else without permission--and Especially photos of such a "sensitive" nature. That amounts to defamation or slander.

Trouble is, on a Mickle_Dees Wage the Kid has nothing

so they go after the Burger Man

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
This happened in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Trust me... up there on the Hill they'd have posted the photos even if they were multimillionaires. Heck, I'm surprised they didn't plaster 'em all the way up and down Dickson Street.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcgearhead said:
I forgot one more thing...
If this was " stealing " pics, than what about me doing copy and paste on my computer ? There is a thing called a copyright law. Did they have these pics copyrighted ?

yea I don't think Copyright applies but I'm no up on the whole law.

But release forms apply with Posting nudes Because of age limits
and Personal Privacy. Not sure about sites that are open
to anyone to post. utube, etc. because by signing up you sign
a Waiver it is on You Personally

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
The copyright law for photos is that as soon as you take the picture it is yours for your lifetime plus 75 years after your death

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcgearhead said:
I forgot one more thing...
If this was " stealing " pics, than what about me doing copy and paste on my computer ? There is a thing called a copyright law. Did they have these pics copyrighted ?

Infringement of copyright--or failure to "cite" the website a photo came from can--and has--resulted in a post being deleted on here.

Other than that, I dunno--and since the Internet is international, I'm sure copyright law is even more complicated online.

Regards,

Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions