Whats The Deal with the Ammo Prices.....

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What's The Deal with the Ammo Price's.....

Went to buy some extra Ammo for tommorrow's Opening Day Hunt just in case (No Daily Limit..... ;D ).....the cost has almost doubled even for the Cheapo stuff.The Premium round's I'm used to shooting are almost $60.00 for a box.....What the F is this world coming to that we feel we have to raise the price of "hunting" ammo because of an Election......F&%$!& Ridiculous.......That's why I hunt,try and SAVE MONEY not spend more!!!!!......Just doesn't make any sense,even the re-loading is going up.Frickin' Highway Robbery.I usually leave the 1 1/2-2 1/2 yr. old deer alone,Sorry......Not this Year,gotta make up my money somehow.It's never gonna stop me any way.....HHx2!!!!!!!!

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Re: What's The Deal with the Ammo Price's.....

At our local WalMart,I checked last week on a box of 45acp(20rds),$38.A box of 25 of 25acp $25.They said it had gone up each week since the election and they expect it to continue going up.The manufacturers have heard abama and congress say if they can't outlaw all guns they will tax the ammo to where no one can afford it.So,the mfg'rs intend to get their money while they can.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

There's also an increase in .223 and 762X39 ammo. A case of it is doubled in price and the wholesalers are out.
I got a look at the ammo shelves at Walmart this morning. It's almost bare-including pistol and shotgun ammo. It's like they're not ordering replacements. >:( ???

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

warsawdaddy said:
At our local WalMart,I checked last week on a box of 45acp(20rds),$38.A box of 25 of 25acp $25.They said it had gone up each week since the election and they expect it to continue going up.The manufacturers have heard abama and congress say if they can't outlaw all guns they will tax the ammo to where no one can afford it.So,the mfg'rs intend to get their money while they can.
Thank God for Archery....One year I once used a single arrow on two deer......If that doesnt work I'm going to buy an old Junkard and start to purposely running into them.....I'm a plinker too Warsaw.....Love to shoot the pistol's......Doesn't make any sense to me.Going to make me an Outlaw soon ;D

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Ya better learn how to make black powder cause WalMart isn't carrying much of that either. So much for the inlines and the primers, better find a good flintlock. :wink:

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Stoney.....We just had a Gun Show in town here held by the "Silverado" boy's......within two hour's the .223's were no where to be found.I've got a few hundred + left but they're for my ground hoggin'/varmint shooting....My Brother tried to get some for his weapon and they are almost doubled as well......Might as well let the Ground Dog's Live huh.Next thing you know we'll be smuggling in Ammo!!!!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hope that none of you voted for Obama, is so, you are reaping your just rewards. sigh

Incidentally, just how many bullets does a criminal buy in a lifetime of crime? no deterrent there.

Don Jose de La Mancha

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

The price of lead,brass has skyrocketed.I received this today but haven't checked it out yet;

This was fowarded to me from Oregon. The link at the bottom seems ledgit. I have heard about some sort of new tax in CA. on ammo but this is the first I have heard of this. Joe

The gun control liberals got a setback when the Supreme Court upheld the 2nd
amendment rights in Wash. DC.
Now they are trying to come thru the back door.

Please forward this to all you know that want to keep their guns!!!!
Maybe we can start a ground swell, or continue it at least, that will go all
over the U.S. and have a positive impact on the outcome.

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it
Seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with
taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and
Indiana) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data
base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what
calibers.

Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is
coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011.
(Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every
round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo then they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona,
California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland,
Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island,
South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation
and the specific legislation for each state, go to:
http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Real de Tayopa said:
I hope that none of you voted for Obama, is so, you are reaping your just rewards. sigh

Incidentally, just how many bullets does a criminal buy in a lifetime of crime? no deterrent there.

Don Jose de La Mancha
I guess That's gonna make anyone who hunt's a ciminal because we'll be getting all our hunting round's underground ::) It'll never effect my way of life.....I'm just going to have to start killing my game with .22's....$$$$$$$ I'll be getting mine off the street corner :thumbsup: No Osama this year for me!!!

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

A while back they were trying to hold the Weapon's Maker responsible for gun Death's.....Now if you don't need it(ammo) then you can't get it.Never in my lifetime.....Nothing but a Bunch of BS to me.Anyway I'm going out tommorrow to take my deer,and then some.....Why?......Because I Can and Will No Matter What!!!!!......just like the "criminal's".....What's going to be the difference??????????

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If they ban ammo, I believe about every round will be used up well before 2011 in a struggle to keep our freedoms.

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Amen Brother......

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Slingshot said:
If they ban ammo, I believe about every round will be used up well before 2011 in a struggle to keep our freedoms.

If it comes down to that... I'll do what I have to, then take their gear.

Bran <><

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006

And if you do find any ammo for sale, check to make sure it's not made in China....

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.

welcome to Post Obama america. I say again you need to make friends with a crack head. When the time comes they will happily sell you anything you want and the ones who did this will be collecting a big chunk of the payoffs. Smart folks are having their grand parents buy for them. Amazing how many little old ladies like high powered weapons these days. Specifically that is called a straw man purchase and is a felony. They never enforce that law against people who supply gangs with weapons but I'm sure they will use it against the working people.
siegfried schlagrule

B

BIG61AL

everyhthing fun will eventually become so expensive only thr truly rich will be able to afford it

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HIO Siegfried: The gun owners were warned many times of Obama's intention. If they had taken this seriously, and voted in opposition, Obama would not be the pres elect. We have only ourselves to blame.

Remember this the next prez election, if we survive as gunowners, and vote the powers that pushed this bill and others like it , be out of office. It may be our last chance.

Don Jose de La Mancha .

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sheesh biga1al: you osted -->

every thing fun will eventually become so expensive
~~~~~~~~~

Heck, there are always goils Al, hmmn on second thought they are extremely expensive sigh.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.

Real de Tayopa said:
HIO Siegfried: The gun owners were warned many times of Obama's intention. If they had taken this seriously, and voted in opposition, Obama would not be the pres elect. We have only ourselves to blame.

Remember this the next prez election, if we survive as gunowners, and vote the powers that pushed this bill and others like it , be out of office. It may be our last chance.

Don Jose de La Mancha .

Multiple sources say there will be no "next" election. You can read the various scenarios online. Some say there will no longer be a United States and some say there will just be no more elections. (Marxists only put up with elections once then they are outlawed.) Others say that legal problems will prevent the Obama coronation and that Bush will have to stay over until the election is rerun with another dem candidate in a few months and that during that few months we are hit so hard that the US is fragmented into sections each scrambling to rule themselves. Not much to look forward to. Doubtful we'll ever have to put up with the touchy-feely crowd afterwards. Most of them will not survive on their own and no one likes them enough to do it for them. It will take our troops some months to fight their way home if the US collapses. A few small units will stay together afterwards and maybe set up some kind of feudal states, in europe, asia or in the united states. In these times the only medical condition that leads to death is stupidity. How's that for CHANGE? siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions