dont do the right thing

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last Saturday out metal detecting at the old airbase i ran across some sensitive material near the Army helicopter repair depot. There was paper laying around with names an phone numbers of security and just about every phone number dealing with the installation. Some of the other stuff i had no clue. OK what i thought was a good idea turned sour. I drove over to the main gate to turn in what i found and was greeted by a M 16 and for some reason i didn't see the man behind the rifle. :o I explained why i was there and he took the papers then wrote down my licence number. ??? I understand the way things are everyone is uptight but that made me nervous. I had this voice in my head saying just take the papers home and throw them away but i thought i was doing the right thing. The gentleman at the gate was cool but i regret doing what i thought was the right thing...aa

P

pippinwhitepaws

' no good deed goes unpunished' takes on new meaning doesn't it?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
perhaps he was wanting to make sure you didn't announce the stupidity of one of them losing the thing to begin with. :wink: ooooops, too late! rofl I am glad you did the right thing and it is really sad that it was not received in that way!

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
perhaps he was wanting to make sure you didn't announce the stupidity of one of them losing the thing to begin with. :wink: ooooops, too late! rofl I am glad you did the right thing and it is really sad that it was not received in that way!
i also found out last year not to turn in live ammunition i found out metal detecting the old airbase. They get a little jumpy. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
lol sounds like you are just out there to make sure they are a bit jumpy! :wink: ;D
naw these guys served time overseas so the last thing i want to do is make um nervous .

P

pippinwhitepaws

i was yard sailing once..found an old japanese ammo can loaded with money...ten bucks...cool
so about two pounds of silver japanese occupation money, some paper script...and two anti aircraft artillery fuzes...LIVE, pins pulled...i am at 5,500 ft....yikes...
drive over to the police station in prescott, ya guys. i have these artillery rounds i would like to turn in....

go kick a beehive, same result.
2 plus hours later....bomb squad arrives...sheesh.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pippinwhitepaws said:
i was yard sailing once..found an old japanese ammo can loaded with money...ten bucks...cool
so about two pounds of silver japanese occupation money, some paper script...and two anti aircraft artillery fuzes...LIVE, pins pulled...i am at 5,500 ft....yikes...
drive over to the police station in prescott, ya guys. i have these artillery rounds i would like to turn in....

go kick a beehive, same result.
2 plus hours later....bomb squad arrives...sheesh.
:dontknow:

S

stefen

While inventorying a CERAP (FAA) antennae farm site in Diamond Head Crater, Honolulu, I was confronted at gun point by two spooks...a coworker and I inadvertently triggered a security camera covering a steel doored cavern on the upper rim.

You wouldn't beleive how simple it is to soil one's shorts :wink:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
While inventorying a CERAP (FAA) antennae farm site in Diamond Head Crater, Honolulu, I was confronted at gun point by two spooks...a coworker and I inadvertently triggered a security camera covering a steel doored cavern on the upper rim.

oh yes i do :-\

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
aa battery boy said:
stefen said:

oh yes i do :-\

mmm :-[

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you were all on the same side nowadays :icon_scratch:
;D Mike

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery said:
last Saturday out metal detecting at the old airbase i ran across some sensitive material near the Army helicopter repair depot. There was paper laying around with names an phone numbers of security and just about every phone number dealing with the installation. Some of the other stuff i had no clue. OK what i thought was a good idea turned sour. I drove over to the main gate to turn in what i found and was greeted by a M 16 and for some reason i didn't see the man behind the rifle. :o I explained why i was there and he took the papers then wrote down my licence number. ??? I understand the way things are everyone is uptight but that made me nervous. I had this voice in my head saying just take the papers home and throw them away but i thought i was doing the right thing. The gentleman at the gate was cool but i regret doing what i thought was the right thing...aa

I know what you mean aa

When it comes to Officials,
no good dead goes unpunished :(

I think the main Criteria of getting a Government job
is you have to be Paranoid.
& Hate Good people

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
prospector40 said:
I am a fed employee. None of this is a suprise to me. I work with OPM and let me tell you, I spend as much time keeping notes on what I do as I spend doing my job cause someday I will have to cover my backside. The people here will sell you out so fast just to protect themselves that even I cant hardly believe it. Working for OPM is the most unappreciating, underhanded, insulting, backstabbing job I have ever had. Why do I stay? Thats easy, I have regular opportunity to help people out. That would be people like our troops overseas. I am former military, and I could tell you some stories about how willing OPM is to throw some of them overboard just because of their bottom line. That would be their budget.
jeff of pa said:
aa battery said:

I know what you mean aa

When it comes to Officials,
no good dead goes unpunished :(

I think the main Criteria of getting a Government job
is you have to be Paranoid.
& Hate Good people
just when you thought it was time relax things get worse :dontknow:

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
try turning a case of ww2 jap hand grenades over to the state cops sometime. the cop and I ended up bombing the carp in the millpond rather than turn it in and explain how they got here from the pacific. PS all but one exploded. Bob

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lonesomebob said:
try turning a case of ww2 jap hand grenades over to the state cops sometime. the cop and I ended up bombing the carp in the millpond rather than turn it in and explain how they got here from the pacific. PS all but one exploded. Bob
oh yea :thumbsup:

P

pippinwhitepaws

the one thing i learned about hand grenades is i can't throw one far enough to feel good about it going off... :P

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy solution for the PPW, just go back and get some more of the ppw and go to the nearest TV station. then tell them how you were treated and you were so scared that you thought it would be better to turn them in at the station.... Let that hit the airwaves and watch the shite fly....You help with a possible security breach, and the only " safe " thing you feel you can do is go to the press...Someone will get the message.... and QUICK !!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PLL

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pegleglooker said:
Easy solution for the PPW, just go back and get some more of the ppw and go to the nearest TV station. then tell them how you were treated and you were so scared that you thought it would be better to turn them in at the station.... Let that hit the airwaves and watch the --deleted--e fly....You help with a possible security breach, and the only " safe " thing you feel you can do is go to the press...Someone will get the message.... and QUICK !!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PLL
you bad :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions