Rock Lake

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I tried to search here to see if this topic has been posted before. I lost patience and decided to post it, perhpas again.

SO,anyone in and or around Rock Lake Wisconsin area? I was hoping to head that way this past spring, but it didn't happen. I'm anticipating a trip late spring '09.

I have been privy to some interesting leyline connections to this araea.

Are there local places to hunt, scout, etc...? As I'm not familiar w/ Wisconsion detecting/treasure laws.

Now for those of you familiar with the local lore, your personal take on the "pyramids?"

Thanks again for your delightful insights!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Are you talking about Lake Mills area?
As far as the Stone Teepees.....1/2 believe they are natural formations and 1/2 believe they are man-made...been debated for years

Wisconsin has archeology laws....very well posted....while most do not specifically spell out metal detecting...they do go to great lengths about "digging artifacts'

Most state parks allow detecting with a disclaimer ...hand anything over to ranger that looks like its worth anything....usually no trouble to detect anywhere thats public property....no digging on any manicured lawns......schools are open to detecting as long as its not posted and school is not in session...again stay off manicured lawns

Good luck !

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live about a half an hour north of there. I could meet up with you when you come to visit and we can do some hunting.
Send me an E-Mail and we can plan a hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread