Dreaded Holiday Gifts - What dont you want?

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Re: Dreaded Holiday Gifts - What don't you want?

uglygiftpolice.jpg

Oh no! It's the dreaded gift police! ;D

sunbeam pannini.jpg

Guess that rules out the combination Sunbeam Iron/Pannini/Grilled Cheese Maker. :D

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Should I rethink this gift for my wife?

Attachments

• Christmas gift.jpg
    Christmas gift.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 234

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Heres a nice gift for any husband who gets his wife anything that requires work after opening...
................note to men ....we want nothing that plugs in,slices dices or chops,makes our life easier in the kitchen(unless its a maid) ,nothing with batteries (unless its a new detector)

Attachments

• Throwzinianimated.gif
    Throwzinianimated.gif
    78 KB · Views: 204

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Here is a list of gifts for that hard to buy guy...like Montana Elf ::)

Attachments

• 1comic_ads-1.JPG
    1comic_ads-1.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 258

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In my opinion, one of the Worst moviest ever made. Cover art for the video release is almost as bad...

Remo Williams.jpg

Here's my plot synopsis:

This film is a gross, shameful foray into the blending of a bad cop film, mafia film, and martial arts film into one awful 1980's cinematic abortion. So a guy named "Remo Williams" (who looks like Stevie Seagal on meth) meets this random old wise Asian guy named "Chung." (Somehow, I think that half of the wise old Asian guys in 80's "B" movies were named "Chung"... ::)) He probably met "Chung" when "Chung" delivered his pint of pork fried rice from the local "Jade Dragon Buffet #714." Anyhow, so he finds out that this random old wise Asian guy is actually a martial arts master, and he decides to train with him--in Chung's upscale New York apartment :icon_scratch:--so that he can really kick some butt. So it turns out that Chung has some cool moves (this part is almost redeemable), the greatest of which is his ability to run on the surface of a body of water without getting wet (no cheesy special effects here--just a platform hidden two inches below a lake). Remo is not able to master this trick, probably because he has no platform hidden two inches below a lake. In the Dramatic Climax of the movie, Remo climbs all over the Statue of Liberty for 30 minutes of screen time trying to fistfight these dirty cop mafia dudes rather than just taking the easy route and shooting them. He then finds himself cornered by the dirty cop mafia dudes and surrounded by freshly poured cement. He decides to try running across it and succeeds this time where he has failed before. Such a moment of Epiphany! Then the bad guys run after him and drown in the wet cement. And everybody is happy. And something is accomplished by all of this, but we're never quite sure what. :icon_scratch:

Do NOT rent this film.

The giving of this film will result in Banishment from the Kingdom.

If you REALLY wanna give a Bad Film as a gift, give one that is So Bad, it's Good. For example--"Any Which Way But Loose" starring Clint Eastwood and "Clyde" the Orangutan.

Or perhaps, "Spiritual Kung Fu" starring Jackie Chan--overdubbed in about four different regional english accents. :D I don't know whether the highlight of the film is where Jackie Chan eats a LIVE FROG or whether it's where he fights with a girl and turns her over her knee and Spanks her in the middle of their duel. ;D But either way, here is an awesome fight scene:

Either one of THOSE are acceptable to give as gifts. :wink:

-Buckles

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

for me the worst gifts are jewelry and roses.
jewelry because I choose not to wear my money.
and roses because you can get them at any gas station....no thought there!

my husband learned very early on that these two gift were a HUGE NO NO!!!!!
thats just me.... not to say that others dont want them.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

We don't do gifts, so nothing to be dredded. We each look around for opporunities in the neighborhood, discuss them, and go and give from there. We started ignoring our children and grandchildren years ago.

They never miss Ma and Pa and Grandpa and Grandma's contributions anyway. Parents suffer them enough. That's their problem!

Never felt so much freedom in my LIFE! It's a wonderful season! They've forgotten the true meaning anyway. Someday it may return.

Noodle

OP
OP
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Took so long getting a fruitcake post. ;D

OP
OP
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Santa's Bossy Feline Elf said:
I hate Christmas. Anymore now days you are hardly allowed to express the true meaning of Christmas, which is the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, without being frowned upon. It isn't what it's meant to be. Starting in October, BEFORE Halloween, the Christmas crap starts coming out in the stores. By the time Christmas actually gets here I am burned out on it. :-\ I think the Salvation Army Bell Ringers drive me the most nuts. The relentless ding ding ding ding ding of that damned bell. :tard: To make matters worse, you are forced to go shopping in stores filled with coughing, hacking sick people who spread their germs all over. Parking lot nightmares and screaming kids is not my idea of the Christmas spirit. Nope, Christmas is a nightmare to me. It's just one big commercialized shopping gimmick promoting all the crap merchandise made in China, and I refuse to participate in it.

Santa's Bossy Feline Elf,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS :occasion15: :occasion13: :occasion13:

Spring is just around the................................
;D

have a good un.......................
SHERMANVILLE

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola

There has been a joke going on in my family for years. We draw names sometime in November, buy for the name you draw. About 15 years ago, my aunt, gifted a fruitcake to one of the family. Since then it has been regifted by the one who gets it the year before. No one wants that fruitcake.

DM

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

AMEN from another born again Christian!

OP
OP
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

oldhermit34 said:
after-shave.

oldhermit34,

agree................but, :icon_scratch: but......................

can always throw it in when your cleaning some clad. ;D

have a good un.........
SHERMANVILLE

S

skydiv

those chocolate cherry candies.

B

BIG61AL

i prefer to buy my own thank you

Attachments

• undies.jpg
    undies.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 88

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Zojirushi%20BBCC-X20%20Breadmaker%20450.jpg
:tard:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread