My ex wont leave me alone.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
My 'ex' won't leave me alone.

Probably 7 years ago, we split after two years of dating (didn't marry). Yeah, I was sore to see it end, but I was a man about it and moved on. Got right back up on my horse and started dating again. Well, perhaps a few months after, she'd call me at work to 'see how I was'. I told her that I'm fine, and I think it'd be best if we didn't stay in touch. "But I thought I was your friend", she said.
"No - we were never friends before and I don't want to be your friend now". A couple months later, she'd call again to 'check up' and I'd give her the same, "Listen, don't call me anymore. This went on for about few years, so one day I thought perhaps she wanted to get back together, so I tested that theory and asked her to dinner. Nope. She just wanted to 'chat'.

Just the other day, after perhaps 6 months of no calls, she calls and asks if I wanted the trampoline that I bought her kid. "Nope". "How about that bookcase you made?", "Nope, that's all yours. Do what ever you want with it. ....and please don't call me anymore".

I just don't get it (or maybe she doesn't). Each time she calls, I'm very short with her. I've even tried being mean to her, along with trying to explain to her the whole "go away" thing. Nothing's worked. Am I just cursed to have dated 'that' person? Perhaps I'm doomed to live with this annoyance for years to come..? Sometimes, I'm able to catch her number on the phone and ignore it... that doesn't work though, because she'll just call back daily until I answer.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Re: My 'ex' won't leave me alone.

ooohhhhh gggaaaawwwdd... too funny.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

mikeofaustin said:
ooohhhhh gggaaaawwwdd... too funny.
Blahahahahahahah

Have a sexy voiced woman leave a message for you....like " Sorry Mikey can't come to the phone right now...he's real busy....with me"
And let it go to message when you see your ex's number pop up

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

naaah it isn't just THAT person, there are many like that unfortunately and I never really have figured out exactly how to deal with someone like that. I am not sure what the answer is but I feel for you! Seems once you have made it very clear you don't want someone to contact you, even bluntly, you should not have the issue anymore but guess that is not how folks work?

S

stefen

Restraining order...include all types of contacts.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Where I live you have to show that you fear physical harm in order to get a restraining order ???

S

stefen

How about if you fear bustin her in the chops? ;D

Just playin witcha

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What is the age of this "clinger"?
???

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

stefen said:
How about if you fear bustin her in the chops? ;D

Just playin witcha

That reminds me of a time...
She used to always get over irate at the smallest things, to which I would very calmly leave the room for her for her settle down. One day however, I decided to match her voice and excitement, effectively mirroring her anger... She stopped and took a second, then looked at me and in the calmest voice said, "Geez, is that what I look like?".

She never did it again.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

give me her phone# i have a way with women. After talking to me boredom will set in and she will run away and never come back. hmm wonder why the Warden stayed :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

aa battery said:
give me her phone# i have a way with women. After talking to me boredom will set in and she will run away and never come back. hmm wonder why the Warden stayed :icon_scratch:

You know, that's not a half bad idea :thumbsup: Perhaps she's just bored when she calls. So, I'll have you to call her ever few months, so she can 'get it off her chest'.

We'll call it, "Preventive High-Maintenance".

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mikeofaustin said:
aa battery said:

You know, that's not a half bad idea :thumbsup: Perhaps she's just bored when she calls. So, I'll have you to call her ever few months, so she can 'get it off her chest'.

wait i was trying to be funny ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

aa battery said:
mikeofaustin said:
aa battery said:

rofl see what that gets ya?? ;D

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cynangyl said:
aa battery said:
mikeofaustin said:
aa battery said:

rofl see what that gets ya?? ;D
you have no idea ;D

corklabus

Dec 5, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
none yet

You missed your own solution. She don't want to date, but just pester you.

Give it right back to her at the most inopportune times you can immagine : Like 3:00 am.........and maybe again 30 minutes later.........then 40 minutes later.......
when you think she's in the middle of dinner....or a shower....or a date. You can always think up some lame excuse like "did you leave a message for me earlier ? Did you just call again a few minutes ago..........did somebody leave a message for me on your machine.......Am I still over there.......can you call me back so I can p_ss you off again........

You get the idea.

Then too, you could sign her up for all the junk mail you can think of. That would keep her busy for a while.

Set her up for a blind date with a slease bag that won't take no for an answer.

I should be charging good money for these ideas.........

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW... that's just creepy!!!
I almost thought you were describing one of my ex's... she did the exact same thing!! I finally stopped answering. Problem solved.

Bran <><

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006

I'd bet that she's taken out a life insurance policy on you and is just checking in to see how you are.

(Seriously, you might want to follow up on that.... :D)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Agree to see her again. Just have her bring along a friend/sister for a night of fun and thrills.

She will A. Never talk to you again
B. Show up with a friend/sister

You kinda win either way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread