OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well at least i'm not the only one falling for this crap!
There are many of us!

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DD-777 said:

I would ABSOLUTELY give this guy some money, just for creativity!!!!
It certainly doesn't look like he needs it for food! :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

This is my favorite tho:

a230_h2.jpg

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
titanicgirl said:
ok... so if $800 a day for a "good" spot... why no teeth? just to look the part?

chronic use of meth-amphetamines leads to early tooth loss and tooth rotting. Old toothless people could have wore them out. Young toothless people who don't play hockey its very unusual. siegfried schlagrule

B

BIG61AL

this why i only donate money to the rescue missions...that way i know it goes for food and a warm cot.......i even seen a beggar walk away from a McDonald's meal left on the ground, i guess you can't trade that for booze, cigarettes or drugs. :stop:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
titanicgirl said:
ok... so if $800 a day for a "good" spot... why no teeth? just to look the part?

chronic use of meth-amphetamines leads to early tooth loss and tooth rotting. Old toothless people could have wore them out. Young toothless people who don't play hockey its very unusual. siegfried schlagrule

Attachments

• !!_Leon.JPG
    !!_Leon.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 188

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was taken once too. A man knocked on my door and handed me a card that said he was a deaf mute and needed money for food. I gave him some money and he went on his way. A little while later I was on my way to work and saw him staggering down the road with a big bottle in a brown bag. I learned to not give cash out. I used to visit with a pastor that checked out people before he would help them. He had been burned so many times that he started opening the refrigerator when we went to visit them. If they had beer (and plenty of them did) he would tell them that he could not help them if they could buy beer and let the kids go hungry. Lots of people travel to every church for miles around just to sponge off them. We did find plenty of people that were in true need and we did help them. I'm sorry to hear that you were taken but it makes us a wiser person in the long run. Merry Christmas to you.

DANGLANGLEY

T

trish76642

she was probably a crack head baby girl, the 'no teeth' was a dead givaway....so sad that people give their lives to drugs and alcahol.

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Sucks about the 40 dollars. They are all con men. Begging should be illegal and have a year min. in a work labor camp. I know of a few people who offered guys holding "will work for food signs" a days work and every one of them refused to work when offered. They do it for cash, they dont plan to nor want to work. If I was president A LOT would change. ;D

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
You did a good thing...you have a good heart...and never say you are stupid! Never put yourself down like that! You are bright and wonderful and the Good Lord knows you followed your heart! Just chalk it up to "Lessons Learned"!!!

I can't say for other states/cities...but in my city...THERE IS NO SOLICATING OF ANY KIND IN FRONT OF ANY STORE!!! We always have customers coming to us stating someone is out front begging customers for money and we go out and tell them they have to move (I've had to do it!).

If you are approached by someone infront of a store you are entering...approach the customer service desk and inform them that they have a person begging customers for money. Our store allows Salvation Army (Christmas), Boy and Girl Scouts (during cookie and popcorn sales only) and a few others I can't recall off hand....but they are not begging and they have to get permission (I say this, cause I had a customer complain once when the Cub Scouts were in the lobby selling popcorn ... recently). I told them, they are not begging, they have the Store Directors permission and it's your choice to buy or not!

I remember once, nor will I ever forget it...it was March 1982 and my friend, her daughter and I were entering McDonalds for breakfast (Ocean View, Norfolk, VA). I saw a homeless man sitting behing McDonald's on the curb. He was not begging, not bothering anyone, just sitting there. I saw two young boys (approx age 10-12) approach the man and hand him a McDonald's breakfast. I thought, "Now those are some really wonderful boys to help someone out."....so I thought, I watched as the man, who had this big smile on his face and thank the boys, open the carton and nothing but PAPER inside! That was very mean and cruel and I watched as the boys ran off laughing!

Well, once inside, I ordered an extra breakfast. I gave it to my friends daughter and we walked out with her and she gave it to him. He again smiled and said "Thank You". When he opened it, we heard him say, "God Bless You!". I did not know he had a friend and he called his friend over and was about to share his meal with him....I told him to hold on and got another one and they both had a warm breakfast together. I did slip them both $5.00 a piece too!

I love to help, but I don't like being scammed. I don't give to those on the street corner ANYMORE! It was dead of Winter and very cold and a man was on the corner wearing a flimsy coat and no gloves. I went home, got him a warmer jacket and a pair of gloves and gave it to him. A couple hours later, he was in the gas station and SOLD the jacket and gloves to the man behind the counter!!! I did say to the man I gave these items too..."I was trying to help you. It's because of ppl like you that many won't help!"

So, those are my stories and experiences. I only give to VIETNAM VETS, CHILDRENS HOSP OF THE KINGS DAUGHTERS and PURPLE HEART...in fact, got to call VIET VETS today, for a pick-up (I take turns on these three!).

And I have a sister who was homeless, living in Maryland now. I refused to sign any paperwork the Social Service office sent. WHY? Because I know my sister and she wanted a FREE RIDE! Now, a little over a year and finally growing up...she has her own apt, has a job and has found JESUS! I didn't know he was lost, but she found him! :wink: She's happier than I have ever seen her and her relationship with her kids have grown so much (They are all adults). We were the ENABLERS and we had to stop...TOUGH LOVE is very hard! (BTW: she was never into drugs nor drank...she is Bi-Polar, Maniac Depression)

My family and I wish you and yours a Most Wonderful Holiday Season and may your days always be Blessed!
Merry Christmas,
Annmarie

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i once had a woman holding an infant in her arms ask me if she could have some money to get diapers for the baby....we were standing outside of a store....i told her i would take her in the store andbuy her whatever she needed for the baby....she said "i don't like thier brand" can't repeat what i told her....
another time i was working at a school across from a housing project....it was early and still dark out when a boy around 13 yrs old approached me and says "can you give me some money so i can make lunches for my brothers and sisters?".....i felt bad thinking his parents were pieces of $#!%.....started to hand him a 10 dollar bill when the building engineer comes over and says "don't give him anything....look at his shoes" i look down and the little sucker had on $120.00 pair of sneakers....he promptly cursed us out and ran off....the engineer told me he had been doing the same thing for weeks and even got the engineer for $20.00

another time a young man approached me at a gas station and said his car was out of gas and he was broke....he needed to get over to N.J. to see his mom in the hospital...he was so worried he left home with no money...he also gave me a name and address and said he would pay me back when he got back home....gave him $20.00 for gas and toll....told my buddy about it and he said a guy gave him the same story at another gas station and he gave him $20.00 also....he described the guy to me...guess what....same guy....after cruising around the neighborhood for awhile and guess who we see....yep...same guy...holding a gas can and pulling the same crap....we waited and he went around the back of the station to use the bathroom....we followed him inside....i hope he ended up in the same hospital as his mom...at least he won't need any gas money to see her now ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Great stories Annmarie! I do give but rarely to someone outside a store. I tend to give food, gloves and such far more often than money when it comes to individuals. I do tend to be far more generous with the boxes at McDonalds nowadays since we have had to make use of the Ronald McDonald house so much lately with Teresa and Lil Dani Jade. Teresa and I plan to start going over and cooking dinner for the families that are staying there atleast once a month as soon as her and Dani get home and settled. What saddens me is that by many scamming others there are so many that have hardened their hearts even to those that have a genuine need and it is so hard to tell who does and who does not honestly need help. Those that do help someone tend to look at themselves as stupid rather than seeing what a beautiful thing they have actually done. We can always hope and pray that those that are receiving someday look back and realize what their scamming has cost others. If someone's heart was in the right place when they gave to someone then it is an incredible thing whether there was a true need or not.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Montana Elf said:
Cripes, I'm thinking I could put the detector away and just start asking for money... :tongue3:

lol Zesty I am sure you would get rich in no time at all! Girls, wouldn't you be throwing cash his way if you saw him beggin?? rofl Probably no silver or sexy relics in it for ya though Jim! :tongue3:

S

seger98

I said this in another post today..........

We can learn so much from other peoples experiences on here!

When out in Las Vegas I was told by a realtor that the beggers on the street make upwards to $80,000 a year.

You did what you thought was right..... I think we all can commend you for that..

You will have a much Merrier Christmas then she will.

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not if shes making 80k a year i wont!!! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread