i exposed myself =

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK this is not what you think so read on. My friends wife has been smoking for years now and he is getting sick of it. She buys 2 packs a day at $4 a pack not including gas. I saw them last week and i told her i stopped smoking as of Oct.29 but she seemed to ignore what i was saying. She was smoking that cigg. like there was no tomorrow. I yelled at her look at this and pulled up my sweatshirt exposing my scar from my surgery. >:( She stepped back and said OMG what happened. Just to prove a point i also showed her the scars below my belt line. Sweatheart i told her, this is because of smoking for years. My arteries plugged up in my legs and i almost lost my left foot due to poor circulation. I guess that got her attention because she is trying to stop. Do me a favor if you smoke stop before something happens to you....Frank

S

stefen

My younger brother died about 18 months ago because of cigs...

Maybe she should go to a hospital and see someone on a breathing machine...that is a major kick in the butt experience...

Brought tears to my eyes :'(

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smoke free for two months. Just now getting over the jitters. Hardest thing I have ever done. Smoked for 40 years. I have two heart stents, only one lung and an aortal stent in my abdoman. All from smoking. It's just slow suicide. Quit now!
M >:( nty

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
My father died from a cause directly linked to cigs.

My step-dad died of lung cancer. You would think my sisters would figure it out but no, two of them still smoke. :-\

What kills me is the Nurses and Respiratory Therapists and Doctors that I know that smoke.

Keep at it aa take one day at a time. :thumbsup:

KHicks

Jun 9, 2008
Alabama
Detector(s) used
bh
i will keep saying it aaa iam so proud of you for doing it its hard but it so worth it . hubby is going to be on hsi second month of chantix this month hes went from 2 packs a day to less than a half a pack . he has tryed cold turkey and that did work sow e are trying this . i cant wait for his health to get better and get this awful smell out of my house . my daddy smoked for 30 something yr the first time then stoped for 8 then started back up again but this lat heart attack and defib did him in well that and he now has copd . so hes been smoke free for over a yr this time maybe he will stay .

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also quit with Chantix. At 4:30am this Dec. 19th,. it will be 2 years for me. Don't miss it a bit and I've saved a fortune. Used to smoke 2 packs a day plus! Wish I had done it years ago. You got 'er whipped aa

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was gonna show my scar but that would be indecent exposire

B

BIG61AL

man, every time i get on someones case about smoking they think i just want to give them a hard time.....i tell them if i didn't care about you i would not say a word.....cigarettes killed my mother and mother in law

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waltripcrew said:
Hope she does quit. I've been smoke free for a little over a year now. AA stay with it.
Montana Elf said:
stefen said:
My younger brother died about 18 months ago because of cigs...

Maybe she should go to a hospital and see someone on a breathing machine...that is a major kick in the butt experience...

Brought tears to my eyes :'(
Monty said:
Smoke free for two months. Just now getting over the jitters. Hardest thing I have ever done. Smoked for 40 years. I have two heart stents, only one lung and an aortal stent in my abdoman. All from smoking. It's just slow suicide. Quit now!
M >:( nty
mastereagle22 said:
My father died from a cause directly linked to cigs.

My step-dad died of lung cancer. You would think my sisters would figure it out but no, two of them still smoke. :-\

What kills me is the Nurses and Respiratory Therapists and Doctors that I know that smoke.

Keep at it aa take one day at a time. :thumbsup:
Alabama Elf said:
i will keep saying it aaa iam so proud of you for doing it its hard but it so worth it . hubby is going to be on hsi second month of chantix this month hes went from 2 packs a day to less than a half a pack . he has tryed cold turkey and that did work sow e are trying this . i cant wait for his health to get better and get this awful smell out of my house . my daddy smoked for 30 something yr the first time then stoped for 8 then started back up again but this lat heart attack and defib did him in well that and he now has copd . so hes been smoke free for over a yr this time maybe he will stay .
packerbacker said:
I also quit with Chantix. At 4:30am this Dec. 19th,. it will be 2 years for me. Don't miss it a bit and I've saved a fortune. Used to smoke 2 packs a day plus! Wish I had done it years ago. You got 'er whipped aa
BIG61AL said:
man, every time i get on someones case about smoking they think i just want to give them a hard time.....i tell them if i didn't care about you i would not say a word.....cigarettes killed my mother and mother in law
smoking sucks

Magic Fingers

My son smoked before he was in a bad car accident. He was in a coma and on full life support for 3 weeks. The black JUNK they pulled from his lungs every hour was so sickening. I think seeing something like that would help someone stop smoking.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
My grandfather smoked for 42 years, died from water on the brain, not related to smoking. My cousin's husband never smoked in his life, and stayed away from smokers. He died of lung cancer, it was caused from radon in his old house. I personally know alot of people who died from non-smoking lung cancer. what gives? I get chest X-ray every year and have been told that they are clear, and I have smoked for over 20 years, but I have been rolling my own all these years. I am outdoors alot. I am not saying that it is good for you, but what about me? I know that I will probably not be able to get out of the way of an errant car, and not be able to run fast enough to get out of its way because my knees will not allow it. Or get stung by a wasp while out hunting and die from anaphallactic shock before my Epi-pen works long enough for me to get to a hospital. I do not get out of breath from running, it's just that my knees give out. I have a saying; eat it, smoke it, drink it, do it, for tomorrow it may cause cancer!..........NGE

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not had a cigarette for 13 months plus.
I could easily light one now - i found even more old makin's today in an old drawer
but why would I bother repeating
a losing cycle
of shortening My Life.
Stay Tough, TUFF for short :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
My grandfather smoked for 42 years, died from water on the brain, not related to smoking. My cousin's husband never smoked in his life, and stayed away from smokers. He died of lung cancer, it was caused from radon in his old house. I personally know alot of people who died from non-smoking lung cancer. what gives? I get chest X-ray every year and have been told that they are clear, and I have smoked for over 20 years, but I have been rolling my own all these years. I am outdoors alot. I am not saying that it is good for you, but what about me? I know that I will probably not be able to get out of the way of an errant car, and not be able to run fast enough to get out of its way because my knees will not allow it. Or get stung by a wasp while out hunting and die from anaphallactic shock before my Epi-pen works long enough for me to get to a hospital. I do not get out of breath from running, it's just that my knees give out. I have a saying; eat it, smoke it, drink it, do it, for tomorrow it may cause cancer!..........NGE
i know of 2 guys who worked together for many years....one was a heavy smoker and the other never smoked.....the guy who didn't smoke died from asbestosis after years of exposure on the job....his smoking partner who worked beside him for years is still alive and smoking.....go figure....must be something in the genes that makes one person more susceptable to develope an illness more than others

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
BTW aa....glad to hear you still are smoke free....after a year of not smoking i fell off the wagon...should have finished the chantix script....only took it 2 months....thought i had it beat....now i have to start all over again....oh yeah one thing i noticed was that my cigarettes taste like crap now.....couldn't understand why until a friend of mine pointed out the (FSC) printed on the pack over the bar code....it means Fire Safety Cigarettes....if you BS too much the cigarette goes out.....guess this is a good thing as alot of people won't burn up falling asleep while smoking....but who knows what is in them now.....given thier track record i bet it isn't good for you

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Kentucky and New York made that a law. You're right, they do taste different, yuck. The chemical is in the paper they use, not the tobbacco. My home rolls go out if ya BS too much also, but that is because I roll them tighter than normal, it also takes me 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to smoke one of them bad boys.....NGE

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
They banned smoking in bars here also. Im glad since I don't smoke, I use to go home and everything from my hat to my shoes smelled like smoke and I didnt want the second hand smoke either.

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I quit on Valentines day in 1994 and have never touched one since. Before that I smoked 2 packs a day of non-filters for over 35 years and I hope what damage I did has at least been mitigated somewhat. Time will tell.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread