Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NGE No need for Thanks but, you are Welcome any way your nephew has alot prayers all over him!

Family is the most important thing in the world!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Billy Bass, hands down the worst.

Gross and vulgar.

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
titanicgirl said:
the worst gift I have ever gotten..i just got again today!!!!!!!
for some reason...EVERY FREAKIN HOLIDAY for the last three years my older
sister gives me a picture of my nephew!!! i guess she feels that since she loves
him so much we all need to... with the age of digital camera's and DVD recorders...
why would i ever want his picture as a freakin gift...

its Christmas...and it should be the thought that counts..but honestly...I would rather have used toilet paper than another
picture of that kid!

HAHAHA Ya who thinks that other people want pictures of there kids? I mean come on seriously. Was the frame any good at least?

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimmy(PA) said:
titanicgirl said:
sister gives me a picture of my nephew!!! i guess she feels that since she loves
him so much we all need to... with the age of digital camera's and DVD recorders...

its Christmas...and it should be the thought that counts..but honestly...I would rather have used toilet paper than another
picture of that kid!

HAHAHA Ya who thinks that other people want pictures of there kids? I mean come on seriously. Was the frame any good at least?

THERE NEVER IS A FRAME! I shove his pics in a box... i dont have pictures of my own kids all over my house.. thats not my style... I dont need anything.. i never want for anything.. so I would rather have nothing from her... not another picture!!!!!!!

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
titanicgirl said:
Jimmy(PA) said:
titanicgirl said:

picture of that kid!

THERE NEVER IS A FRAME! I shove his pics in a box... i dont have pictures of my own kids all over my house.. thats not my style... I dont need anything.. i never want for anything.. so I would rather have nothing from her... not another picture!!!!!!!

Yeah my wife's sister is giving EVERYONE pictures of her daughter for Christmas. She told my wife "Well I had to pay so much for the pictures that we don't have money left to buy gifts so that's what everyone is getting." I like you don't even have pictures of my own kids on the wall, why would I want someone else's kids picture on my wall??? :icon_scratch:

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Nothing from no one. My family, large as it may be are not close to each other. My mother even told me this year, no christmas. So I'll be working right through the holidays as I normally do. I'll leave next week on a road trip and won't return until next year.
dude that sucks....my daughters boyfriend never got anything on xmas...his one sister always got something ...but him and his sister were always skipped...parents had money but preferred to spend it gambling, drinking and on drugs....he gets lots of stuff for xmas now since he spends it with us.....matter of fact he spends all his time with us and his parents wonder why he won't spend time with them....the first time we got him gifts i thought he was going to cry....he never expected someone would give him anything since his own parents wouldn't.....i can't stand the thought of anyone waking up on xmas morning without gifts or worse yet alone....pm me with an address...i'll send you something......

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
Nothing from no one. My family, large as it may be are not close to each other. My mother even told me this year, no christmas. So I'll be working right through the holidays as I normally do. I'll leave next week on a road trip and won't return until next year.
dude that sucks....my daughters boyfriend never got anything on xmas...his one sister always got something ...but him and his sister were always skipped...parents had money but preferred to spend it gambling, drinking and on drugs....he gets lots of stuff for xmas now since he spends it with us.....matter of fact he spends all his time with us and his parents wonder why he won't spend time with them....the first time we got him gifts i thought he was going to cry....he never expected someone would give him anything since his own parents wouldn't.....i can't stand the thought of anyone waking up on xmas morning without gifts or worse yet alone....pm me with an address...i'll send you something......

I agree 100% send an address and I too will make sure you get a gift, thats just not right. also please if you do send an address
tell me what it is you would like...thats just so sad.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mastereagle22 said:
titanicgirl said:
Jimmy(PA) said:
titanicgirl said:

picture of that kid!

Yeah my wife's sister is giving EVERYONE pictures of her daughter for Christmas. She told my wife "Well I had to pay so much for the pictures that we don't have money left to buy gifts so that's what everyone is getting." I like you don't even have pictures of my own kids on the wall, why would I want someone else's kids picture on my wall??? :icon_scratch:

I JUST DONT GET WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE DOING THIS CRAP!!!
dont go buy pictures of the little brats if you cant then go buy a "real" gift! and has anyone else noticed that
IF YOU EVER GAVE THESE PEOPLE JUST A PICURE AS A GIFT THEY WOULD FREAK OUT! its ok to give a picture...
but if EVER gave my sister just a picture...she would totally freak on me!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
mine was a whole bunch of "el cheapo" (well I gotta give em sumpin") sweaters --- when I was married to my first wife* ( now long ago an ex -- I'm happily married to wife #2) -- I worked long and hard --8 months a year -- two 4 month tours of duty working at least 12 hours a day 7 days a week to make a good living. --- my then (non working "housewife") wife buys wonderful christmas gifts--$$$$$$-- for her "family " --- her brother got a sofa ($400)--- her sister a big tv ($300)--- big ticket stuff like that $$$$$ --- well I finally got to be home one christmas (normally I was at sea working during christmas and got nothing but the "care package" present that the seaman church groups put together for us seamen (god bless them). --- so the year that I was home I was sure I 'd get a few nice presents from folks --- yep --- as I opened my gifts in front of her family at the family gathering --it was sweater, sweater,sweater (the el cheapo $5 bargin rack type too ) --one of them from everyone in her family , (hell they were not even close to the right size except for the one my then wife bought (right size but still an el cheapo)--- her family all got 1 X's and I'm a 3 XXX tall size )--- even my family which we all pick a name and buy a "single" gift of up to $50 my sister pulled my name --money was tight so it was a el cheapo sweater from her too .(at least the size was right but it was ugly as sin) ---so I got a total of several el cheapo sweaters for christmas (worth say maybe $50 in total) -- but rather than be pissed off about it -- I just took them to the amvets box and donated them so they could do someone some good-- guess what I told my current wife to NEVER give me as a gift .--- Ivan

as far as photos as a present -- fine give them photos in return the next year--- say I liked your gift so much --I wanted you to feel the same joy I felt. -- :wink:

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
My last Ex was expensive, she wanted Ipods, Apple Phones, some computer thing that was like 1200, not to mention the thousands I spent on clothes and shoes for her...Thank God im single this Christmas since im broke now. ;D titanicgirl, what am I supposed to do with the glamour shots I had taken of me I was going to send you for Christmas?! I look good in that Christmas Speedo. :o

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimmy(PA) said:
My last Ex was expensive, she wanted Ipods, Apple Phones, some computer thing that was like 1200, not to mention the thousands I spent on clothes and shoes for her...Thank God im single this Christmas since im broke now. ;D titanicgirl, what am I supposed to do with the glamour shots I had taken of me I was going to send you for Christmas?! I look good in that Christmas Speedo. :o

YIKES! lets hope you have the body for that speedo.. :tongue3:

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Worst gift I would have to say would be the Wii my parents got me for Christmas last year...I didnt even ask for one but they got me all hyped up about it, appearently its invisible though since I havnt been able to find it or play with it yet. The worst actual gift has to be the sweaters my grandmoms sister in Ireland knitted for me, my brother, and our cousins. Being a young kid and having to walk to church with your 10 cousins in your 30lb itching, matching, white knit irish sweaters is bad enough but when you live in the city and have to pass 1,000 row homes with kids you go to school with staring at you just makes it horrible. I avoid all knitted items now. ;D

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Worst gift you ever got. (UPDATE)

notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
This is gonna be the worst CHRISTmas gift of all. Just got a phone call that my favorite nephew's lungs are shutting down on him, he has MD, they rushed him to a hospital somewhere 2 hours from Colorado Springs, and he is now on a ventilator, he is only 27 years old. Sure wish I could be there with him, when he was younger and living close to me, I used to take him fishing and dirt fishing. Sure gonna miss him :(........NGE
Update on nephew's condition...... He has to stay in Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs for another 3 to 4 days. He is doing a bit better, BUT, he has to move back to Michigan! The doctor's said that the higher altitude of Colorado is not good for his Muscular Dystrophy, and it is causing fluids to build up in his chest cavity, it is squeezing his heart and lungs. they had to put him on Heart meds and they are trying to figure out how to get him home, can't fly. I finally found out he is only 24 years old. He is a stubborn kid, just like his mom.. :wink:. Keep up the prayers and we thank you all that are praying for him, it's working! As long as he does what doc's say, he will be around for a little while longer. The doc's also said that this could happen again, at any time :(......... Love to all my T-Net friends.............NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Jimmy(PA) When you get to my age, you'll wish that granny would make you more of them, but she won't be there to do it. As you age you will not be able to retain body heat like you do now, and any knitted anything will really come in handy. DO NOT toss those sweaters! ;D. Send them to me..... ;D.......NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions