boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might want to check with a legal beagel! I'm not sure of the laws in your area, but you might be able to get some money back even with the not responsible clause. Another route is, have others had their cars broken into? Would they be interested in going class action for not providing a safe place to park on the property? (question for the legal beagle) ;D You might pleasantly surprised! I had a situation with one of those drive through car washes ripping my vans roof vent off along with the one in the back. They had Not responsible signs tacked up everywhere. After a phone call to the family lawyer and a call to the carwash from him, I received a call from the carwash owner to get my van reapired & bring the receipts in & he'd cut me a check.

Look on the bright side! like you said it's karma. You'll probably come out ahead maybe a better place to live, Or some other cool thing.

Heard a guy was looking for a better alarm after his car was broken into 3 times. I told him he should get a block of metal and drill a hole the size of a 45 cal in it. Replace the primer with a ignitor from those estees rockets & hook it up to the key switch with a bypass. and put the block under the drivers seat :o If they steal the car. Just tell the cops to look for some one walking funny ;D Bye bye hemroids ::) ::)

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey boogie,
I agree, I think it's best to move and then go after them ( legally ). I know that just because there is a sign that says " sorry we're not responsible " doesn't REALLY mean that. The other thing is sometimes it just more costly for them to have a lawyer fight it, as opposed to just paying some of it off. I don't take it personally, it's just business, and for those who think this is wrong. A corporation will do what they have to, so they don't HAVE to pay. It's up to you to fight it or not. I have a friend who is lawyer and has said he will help... if I need him to.. But that is a fight for a later time...

HAPPY HOLIDAY"S EVERYONE !!!!!!!

PLL

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya on that one. Most of the property management companies just care about keeping the units occupied & the money rolling in. Hope all it'll take like my case with the carwash is a phone call from a legal beagle. Hope it all works out good for you & you have a Merry Christmas!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
they know that even if they fight it, they'll wind up paying more than if they just settled

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
Of course the laws vary from state to state, and policies have their differences, but generally, no auto insurance, even comprehensive, covers personal property inside the vehicle. The policy only insures the automobile. Homeowners insurance usually covers such items, and renter's insurance may also.

I don't believe the property owner can be held liable for the criminal acts of others. The thief is solely responsible for his behavior.

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
Someguy what you say is true...However they are responsible to keep the lighting lit and to keep the gate locked and secure. If they don't, they can be held responsible for a " portion " of the loss. In other words if the light wasn't working, if the gate was broken etc... they can be held accountable ( to a point ). That's all I was asking for is a portion to be taking care of, not all of it. But they went into clamp down mode and their attitude REALLY changed on a dime...Besides since I've been looking, I have found apts for anywhere between $400-250 less and closer to work... SEE YA !!!!!

PLL

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
i remember my brother put about $2000 worth of stereo equipment in his car. he insured it through his insurance company. all he had to do was take the receipts in to them for proof he owned it! he paid about 3 bucks more for his monthly premium! then some lowlife stole all his stuff out of the car. guess what the insurance company said? the speakers and the amp should have been bolted down, and all the wiring should have been hidden! WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE.... :icon_scratch:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
one thing you have to remember, the insurance companies are making money for their stock holders, not to pay off claims

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread