Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
Well, I got up today to head out to whitewater and do a little exploring and take some pixs ( it's been nothing but rain for about 2 weeks and today it was clear ). However when I went to underground parking ( in my apt complex ) I was greeted with a broken window and a missing Nikon D40- with 2nd lens and about 5 filters, and 10' bass box. Not to mention the broken window ( I'm getting that fixed right now ). So I guess things so bad up on the north pole, that Santa had to lay off a gaggle of elves and the ones left are expected to do ALL the work. This resulted in some of the elves " stealing " some gifts instead of making them. So if you get a Nikon D40 with all the trimmings..... I will expect a heart felt, sincere, THANK YOU !!!!!...... I don't know what the apt complex will do, I have filed a police report, my insurance has a $500 deductible and I lost about $ 1300 all total. So needless to say, I will be the HAPPIEST CAMPER in all the land !!!!

PS: I just bought a new detector on top of it, because i THOUGHT I had everything else I needed.....

PLL

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why do people leave valuable/s items in their cars :icon_scratch:

S

seger98

Sorry to hear that pegleg..... That's a bummer for sure, does the apartment complex have cameras up? If not them, any other business in the area have cameras?

Chris

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
Nope no camera's and when I talked to the manager, she said " ahhhhh too bad ". When I asked if there was any recourse she said nope !!! So I told her I would have to give my notice, and that's when the " attitude " started. I told her that if they can break into my car without ANY recourse....why would I stay ? why would I allow myself to be a " magnet " for these people.... what choice do I have ??? Because I was heading out this morning, that's why I loaded the car last night ( not with a ton of stuff, just enough to go play with ). I went out and got the glass fixed and filed a police report etc. I then started looking at apts and have found plenty closer to work, for less money and with a garage. So I will be gone in about a month...Maybe it was a omen.. I called my car insurance today and they said my insurance does NOT cover anything in the car, only damage to the car... and a $500 deductible... no help....

PLL

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
what kind of insurance do you have?
that's what the theft part of coverage is for, the contents of your vehicle

congrats on the new digs

B

BIG61AL

it wasn't Santa that ripped you off...it was just a regular lowlife crook...

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
I'm insured with Progressive, and the policy does NOT cover the car's contents....$^%$#@@#$%^&

PLL

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
pegleglooker said:
hey gang,
I'm insured with Progressive, and the policy does NOT cover the car's contents....$^%$#@@#$%^&

PLL
Don't know the insurance rules for the states, but do you have home insurance? That could cover vehicle contents there.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have Farm Bureau also. Liability doesn't cover contents (mine, anyway), but the comp does. (especially for the window). You HAVE to show proof of owning the items.

What is Comprehensive Auto Insurance

There is a considerable difference between conventional auto insurance and comprehensive auto insurance, and knowing the difference may literally save you thousands of dollars down the line. If you have ever gone searching for insurance in the past, you have probably noticed just how many different types of policies are available to most drivers. With such variety comes some major distinctions, so be sure to know which you're getting when you sign up.

Simply put, comprehensive auto insurance is exactly what it sounds like — coverage no matter what happens. Most conventional policies pertain only to moving accidents and theft, but the comprehensive version covers literally the full panoply of potential hazards. From acts of God like floods and blizzards through vandalism and more, there need not be an identified perpetrator for you to collect on that claim.

B

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
If you have renters insurance, check and see if that would help. Also, when we were switching auto insurance, I checked into getting progressive insurance and found out that Erie was cheaper with more coverage. Might be time to look at another insurance coverage. I hope the police find the lowlife that stole your stuff.

Sue

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Smoked Bacon Sweater Vest Elf said:

Ah, where else are they going to leave them? Or what does it matter? Homes are just as vulnerable.

Back on track, WHERE THE HECK ARE WE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE THEM IF WE'RE SHOPPING?????

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I had a vehicle with a trunk, stuff was put in there. However, between my van, my truck and my Blazer, there are just windows everywhere, and all windows can be broken.

I remember a neighbor once telling me that he doesn't even lock his house anymore - he said, at the very least, he won't have to replace the windows when someone comes in and steals his stuff.

I'd say an alarm, but I know there are people in this town who can disarm an alarm without it making a peep, so........

B

PS - your apartment building probably has a disclaimer on your lease that says they are not responsible for loss or theft of property - they like to add that.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheehs Beth you posted --> between my van, my truck and my Blazer--plutocrat

Incidentally, that is just like the combo that oro got for Christmas, even to 5 filters no? how strange coincidences can be.

Don Jose de La Mancha

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naw - just supporting all the american car companies.

They are all old - an 89 Ford Truck, a 94 Plymouth Grand Voyager and a 2000 Chevy S10 Blazer.

Right now, one runs, one doesn't and the other is in the shop, waiting to be picked up so the other one can go in and get fixed.

Not exactly my idea of Plutocracy ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (what's the price of a little metal and some plastic now?) Maybe I'll package them up and send them to the "crap-for-cash" company. :D

B

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noodle said:
Ah, where else are they going to leave them? Or what does it matter? Homes are just as vulnerable.
Back on track, WHERE THE HECK ARE WE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE THEM IF WE'RE SHOPPING?????
I understand your logic but that's the city guy in me talking.
From an early age I was taught don't leave something in a car if you expect it to be their when you get back.
I'll disagree and say no homes are to a point.
Most people don't live in a car with a dog and kids 9/10th's of the time,8 sets of eyes and ears,etc :wink:
Your point is if they are going to burn you, they will find a way and your right. :thumbsup:

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
pegleglooker said:
hey gang,

PLL

No offense, but you really might wanna find a new insurance company. Progressive is horrible :) We've had a lot of success with American Family. Sorry bout your loss. Nikon's are amazing cameras.

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noodle said:
I understand your logic but that's the city guy in me talking.
From an early age I was taught don't leave something in a car if you expect it to be their when you get back.
I'll disagree and say no homes are to a point.
Most people don't live in a car with a dog and kids 9/10th's of the time,8 sets of eyes and ears,etc :wink:
Your point is if they are going to burn you, they will find a way and your right. :thumbsup:

I guess being single and having only 1 set of eyes ( the cat is really not of any use here ), I could be just as " lucky " as if I lived in my car....LOL
I did find something that made me feel a little better yesterday. The store I bought it from have sent my info ( serial # phone # etc. ) and placed it with each of their 5 stores. That way if someone comes in looking for info on how to use it, they will check the serial # and return it to me. Oh and if the person at the counter tries to get crazy they said their policy is.... to just call the cops..

PLL

detector de metales

Oct 12, 2006
Madison, Wisconsin
Yeah thats tough! I learned a lesson from my "breakin" experience. They took my Laptop out of my hatchback and I had the cover down so no one could see what was in my car! They slimjim'd the door opened the hatch, broke my glovebox door and stole all my stuff for my business. I had pictures on my laptop that were irreplaceable I could care less about the car, laptop or other things they broke (locks on the door). But my pictures with my son are not replaceable. I learned.. NEVER EVER leave anything in your car..
Oh and the kicker? They did this in my driveway!.

Sorry for your loss.. Move on.. leave the complex, find a garage. Get better insurance. Do what you need to get pass this but Never leave anything in your car..
I now have a claymoore mine set for the next time they try to get into my car. JUST Kidding!
Hey if they need it that bad..
J2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions