Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
Just a question for the oldtimers....How many can remember this detector and how many will admit they owned one... I mean it's " solid state all-transistor....And the treasure map was INCLUDED !!!! I also wouldn't be surprised if the kid on the box is someone here on tnet..lol lol

santadetector.jpg

PLL

Attachments

• santadetector.jpg
    santadetector.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 322

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Pegleg,
Where'd you find that? That is really cool! I thought I was old when I had to save all my allowance to buy a Whites tuber. Didn't know the two batteries cost almost as much allowance as I paid for the detector. Is the coil on styrofoam? Hey if I was 8 years old again I'd be all over that one!! ::)

BTW if you don't have the map the X is on 33.26476N, 118.68250W :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey boogie,
So did you own this exact detector ?? and I don't see the Styrofoam.. But I did try to read the cover and here's what I got " A sensitive, ruggedly built instrument for finding buried gold, silver,iron, aluminum ( they ain't kidding ) and many other metals. " 5 transistors, 1 diode, fully assembled, 30" extension handle, completely (unknown ). At www.timewarptoys.com they list the year at 1972. I sent the guy a email and will wait to see his answer. I also found this beach detector at ebay, buy it now for $15.99 LOL !!!!

cheapmd.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-METAL-DETECTOR-Treasure-Hunting-CAMPING-HIKING-FUN_W0QQitemZ190263091536QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMetal_Detectors?hash=item190263091536&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1308

Enjoy
PLL

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine was older than that one. It was probably one of the first Bounty Hunters. Then got an old Whites tuber. Met Ken White senior at a competition hunt in Ca. & he told me when they were produced etc.

The one you showed sure rings a bell that's why I asked. Remember Woolworths selling one like it had a styrofoam search coil.

The one you found on EBay is almost as cool as the one I got that straps to your shoe. I'll put up a picture later today or tomorrow.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
PLL,

I think the last line on the box is 'completely safe'. That's comforting! :wink:

Thanks for posting this item. It's something I would have loved as a kid. And it's about my era, too.

Merry Christmas,

Dr. Ace

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
This is the reply I got from the website that had the md...Hi. it was distributed by Entex Industries.. Made in Japan.. probably sold at Radio Shack if I remember right.. here is photo of map attached.. treasure in each of the 50 states..

and here's the map
tmap2.jpg

PLL

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
In 1955 I built one from popular electronics plans . It used a small transistor radio to beat against and squeel if metal upset it. The first in the neighborhood by golly. Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread