Another kid with a slingshot...

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I'm a terrible shot with a slingshot. I try chasing deer out of my garden with a slingshot and marbles and I miss them standing 40 yards away...broadside.

S

seger98

That's an awesome skill, Neat video clip! wait, I think I just got hit in the noggin :tard:

Chris

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
Wow real talent there!! What year was that clip from?? I would buy one o those!!
Gerald

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol he is THE bean shooter! My ex mother in law used to sit on her porch and use hers to chase off the bluejays that were in her squirrel food. lol

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
THHHHWWWWAAAK! Ow, that hurt. Obama may take my guns, But I'll bean 'im with my beanshooter :thumbsup: ;D. It's amazing what you can do with a slingshot and some cherry bombs. Used to shoot them things at speeding cars on residential streets, if ya was a really good shot, you could put one right inside with the driver ;D. Kinda makes 'em wonder what blew up in their motor..........NGE

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
LMAO !! just the thought of that thing blowing up in their car is hilarious......Did you ever see acka$$ the movie??
when Bam lights off the fireworks in his parents bedroom when they were sleeping....Next you see the father leaving for work and when he starts his car like 10 mats of firecrackers blow off in there I'm rolling on the floor right NOW!!!
Gerald

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Another thing about fireworks......My wife doesn't understand why a guy buys stuff, and then it blows up. She said it is just a waste of money. I tell her; my money was burning a hole in my pocket or you buy makeup, but for what?.......NGE

jerrync

Aug 26, 2006
archdale N.C.
I didnt know anyone still made them around here he's only about 15 or 20 miles from me if i can find where he lives i'd like to get one

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
Another thing about fireworks......My wife doesn't understand why a guy buys stuff, and then it blows up. She said it is just a waste of money. I tell her; my money was burning a hole in my pocket or you buy makeup, but for what?.......NGE

Used that makeup line on my X.
She said it was to look good for me.
I told her a bottle of scotch did the same thing and was cheaper.

Boy did I have a lot to learn.

LOL

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
my uncle used to have a wrist rocket and used taconite pellets in it to chase of the neighbors dog, when it came into his yard

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Those are pretty cool, I remember my dad making them for us out of metal coat hangers, alot of school windows were lost that year by kids in the neighborhood. ;D then I worked my way up to a wrist rocket which is alot easier to shoot then the regular slinshot like that guy has and I still couldnt hit much. I did make the mistake of getting in a wrist rocket fight along a creek when i was a kid and almost losing my eye, it hit my brow and did alot of damage. I'd like to buy one of his though if hes still making them, the video clip looked a few years old.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one my dad made when he was a kid back in the 30's. Well, just the wood part. I used to go night fishing with my dad and we would hang a lantern off the bridge and fish for crappie. Sometimes gar would circle the lantern and it would chase all of the minnows off. Dad kept a sling shot and a bunch of marbles or ball bearings to shoot the gar to run them off. I've seen him hit plenty of them right beside the lantern, lol.... I bet there's still a couple of them old flippers out in the work shop at dads house. Thanks for the post Thom. See ya buddy.

Nathan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread