98.4 KB · Views: 1,372

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
We used to make keychains like that when I was in high school, also did lighter covers with the same stitch with some buckskin across the bottom. I have tried soooooo many different crafts...the problem is everytime I get something finished someone snags it away and I don't even get a picture! lol I do have a few things here I have made...will try and get some pics and get them posted sometime! Hey.....you and your hubby need to come over and hang out with us when we are at the Florida hunt...there is no cost for the hunt other than a $8 fee to come into the park and we are going to have a blast!! Talk him into it! ;D ;D ;D

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
I make stuff like this:

Used to do it as a hobby, now I do it for a living. (It was more fun as a hobby :) )

Attachments

• ARM02B400.jpg
    ARM02B400.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,307

Gator-Flea

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
Where the grass is blue
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted these last week, but here they are again.

Attachments

• Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,281
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,268

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GunFarce said:
I use a laser to etch photographs into all kinds of things.. Keeps me off the streets, and brings in a few bucks..
http://photos.lasercraft.ca/
This is a laser engraving into the crowns sawen off some Elk horn casts..

That's pretty darn cool GF ! I carve antler,etch glass etc but have never seen anything like you have there....I need to look into that ! :thumbsup:

I dont have to many things left that I've done as I give them to friends faster than I can make them and sold a few on fleabay.This is a pipe that I made.

Attachments

• MVC-002X.JPG
    MVC-002X.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 1,271
  • MVC-001X.JPG
    MVC-001X.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 1,287
S

seger98

I make pipes from whitetail deer antlers!

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,174
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,169

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've posted other projects before but here's my latest in solid Cherry. I build in a secret compartment into every piece and this coffee table is no exception. I've been strictly a hobbyist for many years but I do take on a commission from time to time in my little "one butt" shop.

Jim

Attachments

• Cherry Coffee Table 009 (Medium).jpg
    Cherry Coffee Table 009 (Medium).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,160
OP
OP
Luck Be a Lady

Luck Be a Lady

Dec 21, 2007
Arizona & Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 & ACE 250
Diggemall said:
I make stuff like this:

Used to do it as a hobby, now I do it for a living. (It was more fun as a hobby :) )

You are VERY talented, I bet you sell your pieces as soon as they're finished!

OP
OP
Luck Be a Lady

Luck Be a Lady

Dec 21, 2007
Arizona & Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
kieser rip said:
GunFarce said:
I use a laser to etch photographs into all kinds of things.. Keeps me off the streets, and brings in a few bucks..
http://photos.lasercraft.ca/
This is a laser engraving into the crowns sawen off some Elk horn casts..

That's pretty darn cool GF ! I carve antler,etch glass etc but have never seen anything like you have there....I need to look into that ! :thumbsup:

I dont have to many things left that I've done as I give them to friends faster than I can make them and sold a few on fleabay.This is a pipe that I made.

Wow, that's alot of work! I hope you are getting alot for them.

OP
OP
Luck Be a Lady

Luck Be a Lady

Dec 21, 2007
Arizona & Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
jglunt said:
I've posted other projects before but here's my latest in solid Cherry. I build in a secret compartment into every piece and this coffee table is no exception. I've been strictly a hobbyist for many years but I do take on a commission from time to time in my little "one butt" shop.

Jim

I love the cherry wood, do you ever use hickory? I think that wood has the most character.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, Luck Be A Lady,
Wow, there is some good craftsmanship on the items posted here. You mentioned you like Hickory. We do too. That is why our kitchen cupboards are hickory. There is such nice contrasts in the grain.

Here is my latest project. Made from oak. Used as is for fake flowers, or put a glass in it for water and display real flowers. I make layered animals, planters for decks, and a few other things.

Ray

Attachments

• IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 1,112

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[/quote]

I love the cherry wood, do you ever use hickory? I think that wood has the most character.
[/quote]

Cherry is my favorite furniture wood. I don't use Hickory often because It wasn't generally used in the Arts & Crafts period, which is my specialty but I do use a lot of Red & White Oak.

Lots of talented people on here.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread