Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate it when people leave you hanging on a potential deal.

So many today don't have the common courtesy to write and say "Sorry, not interested."

Or, "Sorry, I thought about it but I've decided this isn't for me."

Even just a quick "not interested" email to let you know not to wait on the guy.

I've sold many detectors and done a lot of trading on the various forums. Most people are good but there's a growing number who don't give a darn.

Some will email and say "I'll take it" and you never hear from them again. You write repeatedly and meanwhile lose a sale to someone else.

I feel better now.

Badger

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Sorry, not interested" ;D

S

seger98

Hey, common courtesy is a dying thing now a days, You can even see it in alot of the posts on here!

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
This certainly isn't restricted to these Forums. Anyone who has sold something in the newspaper classifieds will have similar stories about the buying public.

If you have a good transaction on here, it's worthwhile posting the recommendation, as I've seen some do.

Jay

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do a lot of selling & trading. My general rule due to the growing trend of non courtesy is. First one with the cash gets it. Locally the growing thing is, I want it, but [pick your excuse] can't get to you, can you bring it to me. My response..... Yeah sure, my delivery fee is $50 if you're in the same city, a hundred if you're in the next town, ya still want it? Seems to weed out the less sincere folks.

But! don't get me wrong! I'm not saying everyone is that inconsiderate. I've met some really nice individuals!

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Good posts everyone....even EDDE's ;D

I think boogeyman really hit it on the head.

The ones I hate even more than the forum problem people are those people on ebay who win an auction and then start the communications to see if they really want the item. This doesn't happen often but 1 time in 20 is way too many.

The really rotten thing today is sellers on ebay have no protection. You can't even leave negative feedback anymore.

Badger

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Michigan Badger said:
Good posts everyone....even EDDE's ;D

I think boogeyman really hit it on the head.

The ones I hate even more than the forum problem people are those people on ebay who win an auction and then start the communications to see if they really want the item. This doesn't happen often but 1 time in 20 is way too many.

The really rotten thing today is sellers on ebay have no protection. You can't even leave negative feedback anymore.

Badger

when I have to deal with people who extort discounts or rebates on ebay I wait until they have posted positive feedback and then I bar them from ever bidding on my auctions. You should read the message they get when they try to bid a second time. It says something like so-and-so has decided that he doesn't care to do business with you. If you place a bid on his auction from this or any other computer you will be barred from ebay for life. Have a nice day. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
It says something like so-and-so has decided that he doesn't care to do business with you. If you place a bid on his auction from this or any other computer you will be barred from ebay for life. Have a nice day. siegfried schlagrule

;D I didn't know this. I wondered what they got. That's too funny.

I block loads of people due to the fact I sell some high ticket coins. Sometimes I read the feedbacks of dealers I think are honest to find the deadbeats. I then add their ID's to my blocked list.

If someone writes something really stupid like "those coins are fakes" he immediately goes into my blocked list. All of my coins are screened by top authorities in that field. Then some character with very poor grammar who can't spell "coin" writes to tell me my stuff is all crap. I get this almost every time I post a coin. I have a very long list of blocks.

Badger

P.S. I should have at least 5,000 feedback but only 700 bothered to give me feedback and I have 100% positive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread