Ever notice how some forum websites cater to a particular personality.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
This is probably one of the more mature websites I visit daily (aside from a bread-baking site). I think this is probably because more older/mature people are treasure hunters. I mean, you'll never see a 21 year old punk kid step out of his lowered riceburner, and pull a metal detector out of his trunk. Sometimes, however, I'll go over to a corvette forum. This place has a lot of high strung ego types that love to be-little you, and say things that consist of "Lets pick on the nuub and make him cry, and then lets talk about how much better my car is than your piece of trash". Another site I visit is for guns. You can just image the freaks that chant "My rifle is MY right, and I'll PUNCH you out if you say otherwise". Bunch of real meat heads over there. Another good site is a forum for boats. Big boats. The kind that kids that haven't learned how to be polite can't afford yet. You'll get some good stories over there too. Sea-monsters and the like.

This site, along with the bread baking site, I find no stress at. Just come in for honest clean chat.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
mikeofaustin,

"Another site I visit is for guns. You can just
image the freaks that chant "My rifle is MY right,
and I'll PUNCH you out if you say otherwise".
Bunch of real meat heads over there."

Sure glad we don't have that here. ;D :D :wink: :wink:

Just have fun and enjoy the hobby; that is what it is all about.

have a good un..........
SHERMANVILLE

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Stress isn't as common here. The mods do a good job at keeping it to a minimum.

You'll see someone come in here every once and a while (rare) and try to start a fight but after awhile they either get banned or straighten up. Some have been banned and finally saw the light and were allowed back in.

But you're right, as a rule this is one of the better forums.

If the moderators don't do their job in a fair way a forum goes down the tubes. I've personally had plenty of posts deleted. I'm very opinionated and get carried away sometimes. ;D Usually I'm rather glad when one of those posts or threads gets pulled. ;D

TNet is now so big that if someone ever does irritate you they're pretty easy to avoid. But usually those types don't stay long anyway or they just cool it.

But we've got all sorts here just like the other forums.

The thing I've learned to appreciate here is the fact that ones posts get read and usually get at least some response. I belong to a bunch of forums and most are like writing notes to yourself. It's that way for all the members of those forums.

Badger

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Mike: what is the site on guns??? I would love to take them on. Most know even less than Michigan badger and sherman heheheheheh

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. Ok I apol gentlemen, snicker, but I really would lke that site data.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Real de Tayopa said:
HI Mike: what is the site on guns??? I would love to take them on. Most know even less than Michigan badger and sherman heheheheheh

Don Jose de La Mancha

The site is ar15.com. So, you can see by just the 'type' of weapon, it caters to wanna be black ops. I'm not a member, but I occasionally read when things are slow. I can remember one time, this person started a thread "I dare you to tell me we were wrong to go to Iraq". :tard: I wanted to step in and say, "We'll I see where all Bush's 20% approval rating are hanging out at", but I didn't.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Real de Tayopa said:

Don Jose de La Mancha

;D ;D
Same to you and your mule; O.K. I apol to the mule, snicker.
:wink: ;D

all have a good un...........
SHERMANVILLE

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Real de Tayopa said:
HI Mike: what is the site on guns??? I would love to take them on. Most know even less than Michigan badger and Sherman heheheheheh

Don Jose de La Mancha

;D ;D
Same to you and your mule; O.K. I apol to the mule, snicker.
:wink: ;D

all have a good un...........
SHERMANVILLE

I can see him writing that about me but you Sherm? ??? Now I'm ticked!

Where's my rebel hat and stars and bars...war!

Ah crap, I see by the clock it's time for my nightly chips and salsa. Maybe another time. :thumbsup:

Badger

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You obviously haven't been here long enough. :wink: ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It takes all types to make the world go round

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
Stress isn't as common here. The mods do a good job at keeping it to a minimum.

You'll see someone come in here every once and a while (rare) and try to start a fight but after awhile they either get banned or straighten up. Some have been banned and finally saw the light and were allowed back in.

But you're right, as a rule this is one of the better forums.

If the moderators don't do their job in a fair way a forum goes down the tubes. I've personally had plenty of posts deleted. I'm very opinionated and get carried away sometimes. ;D Usually I'm rather glad when one of those posts or threads gets pulled. ;D

TNet is now so big that if someone ever does irritate you they're pretty easy to avoid. But usually those types don't stay long anyway or they just cool it.

But we've got all sorts here just like the other forums.

The thing I've learned to appreciate here is the fact that ones posts get read and usually get at least some response. I belong to a bunch of forums and most are like writing notes to yourself. It's that way for all the members of those forums.

Badger

I Had someone ask me If there is a limit on posts deleted
before you get booted.

Simply put, No

You can be banned on one
or have hundreds of deleted posts
and be allowed to continue.

it all goes by Attitude.

We actually Respect you all
Just not everything you's post :P

I Even delete my own sometimes :D
But I havn't Given myself attitude for it yet :coffee2:

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
What Jeff said! :thumbsup:

Actually, I've deleted more than a few of my own posts, too.

(No, not always by popular demand! :D)

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I think deep down inside we all love one another.

Here at TNet there's that great sense of belonging. It's a lot like that feelin I had back in the 60's when sarge kicked my @$$ out the door for that first parachute jump. KnowwhatImean?

H%!! I think I'll go to " POLL: How Well Do You Read Postings On TreasureNet?" and post something warm and fuzzy :thumbsup:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Michigan Badger said:
I think deep down inside we all love one another.

Here at TNet there's that great sense of belonging. It's a lot like that feelin I had back in the 60's when sarge kicking my @$$ out the door for that first parachute jump. KnowwhatImean?

H%!! I think I'll go to " POLL: How Well Do You Read Postings On TreasureNet?" and post something warm and fuzzy :thumbsup:

;D ;D :thumbsup:

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
This is the reason i like this forum.
There is a lot to learn from others and you can have some fun also.

A lot of "Forums" are just "Good Old Boys Clubs" and neither you nor your opinion is never truly accepted or valued. They are generally disrespectful because they feel that the internet gives the anonymous,the power to act like jerks.

This is the best Forum i have come across yet, bar none.

Big Mike

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Heavy Chevy said:
This is the reason i like this forum.
There is a lot to learn from others and you can have some fun also.

A lot of "Forums" are just "Good Old Boys Clubs" and neither you nor your opinion is never truly accepted or valued. They are generally disrespectful because they feel that the internet gives the anonymous,the power to act like jerks.

This is the best Forum i have come across yet, bar none.

Big Mike

I agree completely.

There are some great people out there pretty much wasting thier time on those other treasure forums. Some go to great trouble to post excellent finds and a story only to have a small handful (if that) even bother to look at it.

And like you wrote--some of these other forums are run by a small group of super stars and everyone else kisses up or gets ignored.

Here on TNet, one of the most important categories is Today's Finds and everybody posting a honest sincere thread gets noticed. Some usually get a larger number of hits only because they've become known for producing excellent threads. People watch for thier postings in Today's Finds and elsewhere because they know they're not going to be disappointed (not everyone has just tons of time to waste searching around).

Ya, I've visited them all and some others are friendly and have some good points too but all things considered you can't beat TNet.

This forum is special because it's really all about this stuff......

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
"Bread baking"???

You wouldn't want to share that one, too, would ya?

Nan

(yes, we have a lot of just good folks here. Nuts, most of 'em, but... good folks.)
;D

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Thread. I've been on lots of forums. For some reason on other Artifact forums, guys think women shouldn't be hunting for Artifacts. We women get ignored & NOT taken seriously. Also dealing with SOME guys who think because we are women they can take advantage of us. :-\

Since joining T-net I have had no troubles at all with guys, they are very polite & very gentlemanly. Oh I still come accross some guys who think Artifact hunting is strickly a MANS hobby & that we woman should be chained to the kitchen sink or stove, but I avoid these (Deleted).... ::)

T-net is a good forum all round. I have had one run-in so far & it was dealt with by a Moderator swiftly.
So alls good. I'm happy visiting this site.. :thumbsup:

Molly. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread