boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arizona is so far in debt the state officials are trying to come up with more money. Since it looks like they are going to have to take down all the photo speed traps on the state highways that are raking in thousands each day, their newest idea is to cut a bunch more money out of the already strapped school budgets.

If they cut anymore out of our kids education, the only jobs they'll be qualified for after graduation is a politician ::) :D ::) ;D Go figure :icon_scratch:

O

OldSackofCoins

boogeyman said:
Since it looks like they are going to have to take down all the photo speed traps on the state highways that are raking in thousands each day:

These cameras make less for the State then they do for the company that runs them, Redzone or something, the State would acutally make more money placing more officers out on the road. The cost of this system of cameras is way too high.

Cachefinder

Dec 22, 2008
ARIZONA
Detector(s) used
lucky horseshoe
OldSackofCoins said:
boogeyman said:
Since it looks like they are going to have to take down all the photo speed traps on the state highways that are raking in thousands each day:

These cameras make less for the State then they do for the company that runs them, Redzone or something, the State would acutally make more money placing more officers out on the road. The cost of this system of cameras is way too high.

YEP :thumbsup: Old sack is correct :wink:

Cachefinder-

P

pippinwhitepaws

hummm...arizona already deported the last governor...hope washington is ready for her.

O

OldSackofCoins

No kidding, sending her to D.C. to be Secretary of Homeland Security, I think that is worse for everyone, although better for our State.

S

Smee

boogeyman said:
Arizona is so far in debt the state officials are trying to come up with more money. Since it looks like they are going to have to take down all the photo speed traps on the state highways that are raking in thousands each day, their newest idea is to cut a bunch more money out of the already strapped school budgets.

If they cut anymore out of our kids education, the only jobs they'll be qualified for after graduation is a politician ::) :D ::) ;D Go figure :icon_scratch:

Actually, no. You have to be an EDUCATED IDIOT for that position.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Our school system spends maybe 12k per student per year. The kids are spearated into 3 tiers at middles school,
Tier 1 kids of school employees, PTA members and VIPs who are isolated socially and deserve more breaks. These kids are not the highest scoreres in their classes, they simply get the "equitable" treatment.

Tier 2 kids of everyone else, good grades or not, who have not got criminal records yet. Classes are very liberally mixed between some of the districts highest scoring students and some of the districts most violent, though as yet undefined as violent students.

Tier 3 those awaiting sentencing. Often rolled into Tier 2 classes with otherwise high scoring children in an attempt to either bring up their behavior or remove intiative from the high scoring children and replace it with defensive mechanisms.

Some kids do not belong in school.

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
Gov. Janet has moved on . She destroyed the budget (with a little help from her friends) and had the ballz to leave her recomendations for a budget fix . So we have a pitiful scenario . The Gov. that was responsible for securing our state from basically uneducated illegals will now be entrusted with protecting the ENTIRE COUNTRY from trained terrorists .

P

pippinwhitepaws

i admit, it frightens me she is now head of homeland security...serious mistake...
though she is a pit bull...or a loose cannon.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pippinwhitepaws said:
i admit, it frightens me she is now head of homeland security...serious mistake...
though she is a pit bull...or a loose cannon.
Bulldog ::)

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Napalitano was a darned GOOD governor. She, more than most in the new cabinet, has a really good handle on the immigration situation, and she stands up for herself and for Arizona - unlike many of the other Arizona elected officials.

As far as Arizona being in debt - join the world.

But - find out your facts - many - many - school budgets across the United States are being cut. But a big part of the cuts are money that the school boards hold and NEVER spend on our kids. We never see it. We never know they have it. The teachers don't get it, the buildings don't get it, but its there.

Just went to a meeting a couple of days ago on our school budget cuts, because I work with a woman who is a teacher (she works with me part time).

Everyone was complaining about the school cuts - after the meeting, thanks to her - I had the truth - the school was willing to slash everything if they didn't get the funding they wanted - said they needed - and, for some reason, they are allow to exclude the facts (on their budget requests) that they have a 1.5 BILLION dollar fund that just collects interest - comes out of our taxes - but is not used for our kids benefits. Why is that? Well, now - they say - that's just how it is, and they are entitled to it. Instead, if the budget gets cut, we will stop teaching our deaf kids (at the cost of 2 teachers).

And this is a small district - I suggest you do some more digging, into the school board's budget - because they don't have to bring those extra incomes into their budget meetings - by FEDERAL LAW.

You need the Freedom of Information Act to get those figures if they won't give them to you voluntarily.

Find out just how much your school district is paying for every student - and how much they get IN for every student (not just their budget income). I tell you - it surprised the heck out of me when I found out the other day.

B

P

pippinwhitepaws

while you have good points ms oroblanco...i have unfortunately...gee, i don't even know how to say it on line...but i believe her as head of homeland security is putting the fox in charge of the chickenhouse.
her entire career in arizona was federal law enforcement, hoover style, until, after being passed over for a federal judge position...she pops up as govenor...

i am sure everyone will be quite pleased...i am digging a hole an building a tower.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how she will be as homeland security.

I think she was good as governor and working on the illegal problems. I'll tell you one thing - she can find the tunnels. (and has).

If you are digging the holes, make sure you seed them with eyes wide open! :wink:

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread