Verizon & Alltel Merger Complete!!!!!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Verizon & Alltel Merger Complete!!!!!

Well, as noted on the Verizon website...
Alltel has now "officially" merged with Verizon!

http://estore.vzwshop.com/mobiletomobile/
Verizon and Alltel Merger.jpg

So that means all Verizon and Alltel customers can call each other for FREE, without using any minutes at all!
I know this may not effect everyone, but it will effect my cell phone bill ALOT! ;D

Bran <><

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Verizon & Alltel Merger Complete!!!!!

I wish they had Al-tell and Verizon here, I am soooo mad with AT&T and their coverage is not getting any better.
I miss cingular!

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mental Granny said:
I wish they had Al-tell and Verizon here, I am soooo mad with AT&T and their coverage is not getting any better.
I miss cingular!

I definitely understand! I had Cingular before, and right as they were merging with AT&T. I didn't have a dropped call with them until the very night I saw one of their commercials, talking about how they had "the lowest dropped calls in America". That was the first time I was bombarded with dropped calls! The service got so bad, as well as crummy customer service on the phone, that I ended up paying around 300 dollars to drop my service with them... then paying another few hundred dollars to set up a new plan and phones for my girlfriend at the time.
My service with Verizon is really the only good thing that came out of that mess. lol! :wink:

But now Sarah & I can call each other for free... so no more $100+ phone bills! ;D Yay!

Bran <><

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You have that right I never had a dropped call either until thet went (Cingular) went AT&T then I drop calls all the time just ask River Rat or Nana or WSD or my MIL my husband and daughter its misrible! Then I got a bad phone it was recalled but all they wont do anything but have me send mine in and they will send another just like it, I know a couple of people who have same phone they have to send it back every 6 weeks to 7 weeks I wont do that, and they wont let me upgrade early either (Feb) ! My contract is due then but, Jeff has already done his (Famliy plan)

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awww... :-(

I'm sorry!
You go get them with your cute pirate avatar! :wink:
Sarah's also gone through 4 or 5 phones of the same model over the past few months. I feel bad for her. At least I'm off contract and I have the ability of either just paying month to month, like I'm doing now and eventually activating one of the other extra cell phones I have here with me... or just signing a new contract and getting a new phone altogether. I'm probably going to eventually do the latter, but I'm just kind of keeping my eye out for the right phone and the right plan. I think I can get a plan that has unlimited text & internet for the same price I'm paying right now, if I do end up upgrading. I'm just going to drop my min's down to the lowest amount, since I really don't need all of them anymore. :)

Bran <><

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Family plan here cheaper on all of us. I am researching phones really alot to find which is the best .

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's true... might have to switch to something like that for us down the road. We'll see.

Bran <><

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So far the phone I want is a Verizon and cannot be used with AT&T ! DRAT!

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

Hello, Bran glad to see that it is working out better for you now with the phones. They can be the cause of an awful lot of frustration and aggrivation, to say the least when thay don't work right.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Heh, heh... yep. Unfortunately, AT&T and T-Mobile are both GSM networks... while Verizon & Alltel are both CDMA networks (the new Blackberry Storm is both CDMA & GSM, for overseas travel)

The difference? Have you ever heard a "buzzz" in a phone, radio, or even an alarm clock (anything with a speaker) right before your phone either received a call or text??? That's the GSM frequency that the phone works on. With CDMA, you don't get that interference.

Verizon does have some really nice phones that they've been releasing lately. But they can't be used on other networks like AT&T and T-Mobile.

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

karenray08 said:
Hello, Bran glad to see that it is working out better for you now with the phones. They can be the cause of an awful lot of frustration and aggrivation, to say the least when thay don't work right.

Ain't that the truth!!! I haven't really been aggravated with my phone in a long time, until just recently. Like I said though, it's 2-1/2 years old... so it's held up pretty well over the years! :)

Bran <><

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I dont know how long Jeff has had his phone but it just keeps on goin the volume dosen't work any more or the camera button and the paint is about gone from it but, it stillworks great! He loves his metal case!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

We have a large Verizon customer service call center right around the corner from where I live. I'll tell our neighbor who works there y'all said hello.

The place does look like gangsta glass bling bling central when you walk in though.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Better than the AT&T store here a franchise, the kid who has the place, he sits on his ROYAL kister you have to walk up to the counter then he'll look up at you and say "What do YOU need" (us) "were lookig for a new phonw" him "The cheapest phone I got in this store is 249$. In the door walks a lady who looks like shes got big bucks he almost trips tp get before she get 3ft from the door. TRUE STORY guess did we buy anything?

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why couldn't they do something cool like merge with AT&T ....that way I could finally get an iphone!
most everyone I know has Verizon so I don't want to switch to another company! I still
want an iphone! oh well.... but I'm totally happy for you Brando and the GF so ya'll
can KIT more....for less money!
kell
:duckie:

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I actually believe that the iPhone is only contracted to Cingular for a certain period of time before it can be sold by other carriers, just as the Motorola Razr phone was when it first came out with Cingular. I still prefer the service Verizon has over Cingular.

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread