this cant be happening :(

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
called the unemployment office today asking for a state application and the woman said yes and hung up on me. I drove across town to the only EDD office left in a city of 500.000 and got a big surprise. I walked in and there was only 5 people working the rest were gone. :icon_scratch: The woman asked can i help you and i said hey where is everone? She told me everyone was let go because california is going broke. I told her hell no you are here to help people find jobs not lose yours. She then told me the office was going to close the next day. You are going to work 4 days a week i asked? She then told me no this office is closing for good. Now you know its bad when the unemployment office goes unemployed. If you live in California wake up its getting bad. As i walked out i gave arnold swartz.... (whatever his name is) on the wall theFINGER

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Maybe you can get a federal grant to start your own unemployment office. That way you can work out of your home. :coffee2:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres my sign

Attachments

• sign_no_hunting_GO_HOME.jpg
    sign_no_hunting_GO_HOME.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 452

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shades of the great depression.
Hope the soup has some meat in the soup lines.

Attachments

• 4_14_6[1].gif
    4_14_6[1].gif
    33.2 KB · Views: 393
  • 4_14_6[1].gif
    4_14_6[1].gif
    33.2 KB · Views: 395

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Frank - keep moving forward...

I miss your flower delivery stories.

Get another entertaining job we can ALL enjoy! :)

I'm praying for ya...

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
Well, you could always go into politics and get elected. (Always job openings coming up there. :wink:) They get great benefits, work part time, get to be on TV, etc.
(If you want to win, your campaign platform should be "I promise that I will do nothing, because you've all seen that when the other politicians try to do something, anything, all they do is mess up things worse (like my opponent) for the rest of us (which includes me), so a vote for me means that I'll leave you alone." or similar words to that effect.)
:D

T

trish76642

come to texas dbl a...i'll stick a paint brush in your hand and put you to work. :wink:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yeah, Illinois now starting the drive to raise taxes. For some reason we've got to fix the mess and waste by the last two jailbirds.

Here's an idea.
Take it back from the pukes they gave it to.
Put their kids and families on the street.
When we start seeing homeless politicians we'll all become believers.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Get a federal grant and start your own research on the problem- you will be worth millions!

Just be sure to say that your doing it to enhance the lifestyle of disadvantaged crack babies born to illegal aliens of unmarried juvenile pregnant high school drop outs without unlimited cell phone coverage due to the closing of unemployment offices.

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many state "Employment" services offices are being phased out and the job assistance tasks farmed out to county agencies. In Missouri they did that around 1995 - 96. I worked for the MO Division of Employment Security as a Disabled Vet Rep for a few years while finishing my Bachelors Degree and left shortly before they started closing them. They do "Unemployment" functions strictly by phone now.

Check for organizations like Lutheran Social Services and for county Career Centers for help in finding occupational opportunities. Check into 'job seeking skills' workshops if you had a long term job and haven't kept up with resume issues and presentation/interviewing trends.
And don't forget to network!!!! Talk to people you know and have friends/family talk to people on your behalf about job openings.

stoney56 said:
Maybe you can get a federal grant to start your own unemployment office. That way you can work out of your home. :coffee2:

Jeff is right, there are still 'grants' available from the federal govt (Small Business Admin) to help you start your own company. You might check into it if you want to take a shot at working for yourself.........

Good luck AA

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Sounds like things keep going from bad to worse no matter where you live. Really makes you wonder how much worse it's
going to get before it starts to improve.

Ray

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
How in the world are illegal aliens going to find work now?!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Our Scoutmaster sent this to us in an email yesterday....I have not checked out the places it mentioned (yet).... and if this letter was really written as stated.... I can't say it don't surprise me....

And yesterday, my hubby's school buddy, his wife was laid off (she's in the computer industry)... maybe I should renounce my citizenship so I can get all these free benies? (I won't, as I'm too proud of an American to stoop to those levels.....I'm not afraid of hard work!)

So, I guess all American Citizens will lose their jobs, so the illegals can come in and take over......

And if we STOPPED GIVING away all this money, we most likely would not be in the economic status we are currently in!!!!

Here's that email....

When will the American People get fed up and do something, or is it too late...

Letter by a Florida teacher . . . A teacher speaks

This is a subject close to my heart. Do you know that we have adult students at the school where I teach who are not US citizens and who get the PELL Grant, which is a federal grant (no pay back required) plus other federal grants to go to school?

One student from the Dominican Republic told me that she didn't want me to find a job for her after she finished my program, because she was getting housing from our housing department and she was getting a PELL Grant which paid for her total tuition and books, plus money leftover.

She was looking into WAIT which gives students a CREDIT CARD for gas to come to school, and into CARIBE which is a special program (check it out - I did) for immigrants and it pays for child care and all sorts of needs while they go to school or training. The one student I just mentioned told me she was not going to be a US Citizen because she plans to return to the Dominican Republic someday and that she 'loves HER country.'

I asked her if she felt guilty taking what the US is giving her and then not even bothering to become a citizen and she told me that it doesn't bother her, because that is what the money is there for!

I asked the CARIBE administration about their program and if you ARE a US citizen, you don't qualify for their program. And all the while, I am working a full day, my son-in-law works more than 60 hours a week, and everyone in my family works and pays for our education.

Something is wrong here. I am sorry but after hearing that they want to sing the National Anthem in Spanish - enough is enough. That's a real slap in the face. Nowhere did they sing it in Italian, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German or any other language because of immigration. It was written by Francis Scott Key and should be sung word for word the way it was written. The news broadcasts even gave the translation -- not even close. I don't care whether this offends someone or not but this is MY COUNTRY. IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY SPEAK UP -- please pass this along. I am not against immigration -- I just expect immigrants to come through like everyone else. Get a sponsor; have a place to lay your head; have a job; pay your taxes, live by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other immigrants have in the past -- and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

PART OF THE PROBLEM -Think about this: If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone - YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM! It is Time for America to speak up. If you agree -- pass this along, if you don't agree -- delete it!

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GONNA HAVE TO DO IT MYSELF. I AM NOW STEPPING OFF THE MERRY GO ROUND..Frank

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
aa battery said:
GONNA HAVE TO DO IT MYSELF. I AM NOW STEPPING OFF THE MERRY GO ROUND..Frank

Double aa coyote services.
Sneal managers across the border to Mexico in the hopes they can find work there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions