Ebay ripped off.

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
Just venting:
I bought a lot of 10 Brett Saberhagen rookie cards off of eBay. Just a 5.49 purchase. I got the cards in and 4 have holes and one is creased, but they were listed as being in mint condition. It is hard for me to believe that the guy took pictures of the cards, packaged them, and listed them without knowing that the cards weren't in mint condition. He e-mailed me and told me he would go to his "card shop" and get some more, because he had plenty, and would mail me replacements. A couple of days later he told me he didn't have any more, and wanted to know what cars I wanted him to send me. I told him to send me 5 replacement cards or a 60% refund for my troubles. I got an email today after about 5 days from the time I emailed him, of him YELLING at me saying that he couldn't be haeld liable for damage to the cards because I didn't buy insurance. I asked him what on earth he was talking about,and he told me that if I would mail all of the cards back to him he would give me a refund. I hate it when stuff like this happens. All it takes is one bad apple to make the whole barrell rotten.

OP
OP

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
uhh, yeah. thanks montana jim. it seems likes pretty small potatoes after reading the post about the 85,000,000,000 dollar bailout though?!?! Spooky, is that why I'm so stressed out all of the time?

thanks to blacksheep to

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
Copy the listing & e-mails so that you have a record of it. Dispute the charge w/paypal/credit card, etc. (though for $6 I'd just leave bad feedback and write the whole thing off as a bad expeience.)

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you payed thur pay-pal make a complaint with them. Plus you can also leave your feedback thur ebay...Matt

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Give us his e-bay name & any other info & we can all send negative comments in on him, if possible.
Like a family, if one has some problems, we can try to help. If he gets a couple hundred negatives
perhaps he'll get the message. Ready to help.

OP
OP

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Tubecity said:
Give us his e-bay name & any other info & we can all send negative comments in on him, if possible.
Like a family, if one has some problems, we can try to help. If he gets a couple hundred negatives
perhaps he'll get the message. Ready to help.

that scares me. It wold probably work, and it's pretty easy to find out his name and number and stuff.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ebay owns paypal they will do NOTHING for you over 6 bucks or 6,000 for that matter
They got their money, you are out of the equation.

soopacee

Apr 27, 2008
Pottsville, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Nel Tornando,
Garrett Carrot PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my only question is, why brett saberhagen?

royals fan?

OP
OP

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
I think he was a PRETTY GOOD player.
Back in 1989, I pulled more Brett Saberhagen cards out of Upper Deck, I believbe, then any other single player. I collect autographs throgh the mail and Brett Saberhagen is a good signer, although he does tend to charge a dollar or two if you send more than one card. I like to have rookie cards signed if I can afford to buy a rookie. Bo Jackson is who I collected when I was young, but I never had much interest in the Royals other than Bo. I would say my favorite team is the Boston Red Sox, but I'm starting to take an interest in the Braves. I think the Dodgers are the best to their fans.

Somebody mentioned something in an earlier post about haunting the seller's every move. I decided to ask him asanine questions about mailing the cards back, and I do think he is becoming annoyed. He told me in his last email, "this is my last email to you". Definitely suicidal tendencies if you ask me. :thumbsup:

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your trouble. I've been through it on eBay too. I've ran into a few bad apples out of about 400 transactions. Sometimes it is best to cut your losses. I haven't sold anything in about a year but if it's the way it used to be he could also leave you bad feedback if he didn't leave you feedback when you paid. Also, the only way you can leave feedback is to have had a transaction with him, so we really can't help you out with the feedback suggestion. I wish you luck. Hang in there.

DANGLANGLEY

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
I got luckt the other day on Ebay. I seen a auction with a DDO nickle I wanted for my Jefferson collection. My picture wasn't very good and it was small. I decided to go for it and almost pleace a nice bid on it. Then something say, Fool write him and ask to see a better picture and close up. I wrote the sellerand asked if it was possible to see a close up of the detail on the doubling. I would appreciate it if he could take the time.

I got a answer back a couple hours later saying his camera wasn't capable of taking close ups. then he addes, you should have asked before bidding on the auction. I kind of freaked thinking I had made the bid and I made a huge mistake, but I didn't. Now this guy has over 5,000 sales on coins and answers possible buyers that way. he also added that he had a 100% feedback and seemed offended I asked for a better picture before buying.

I have been running into more and more sellers lately with a bad attitude. Might be from these coin forums hounding them about fakes and mistake statements. But some seem to have this take or leave it attitude more and more.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell and buy from Ebay so I see both sides. Some sellers try to rip you off and buyers try to take advantage of you. All I see is Ebay and Pay Pal making money not me. Thats my two cents.

Burdie

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,

I have been buying and selling on EBay for Years. I have worked hard at keeping my 100% Feedback. I'm not a powerseller or anything but I do use EBay. Sometime ago I found a helpful hints on buying on EBay I can't remember the site or link but I can recall some of the many tips. One tip was don't buy from anyone who has under 98.9% feedback. Another tip was if its to good to be true it likely is. If someone is selling a valuable collectable for a little money. Must be something wrong with it or its not real.

Here are some of my own rules I follow. I don't buy anything unless it has insurance. I get insurance on everything no matter the cost. If they don't offer insurance I don't buy it. I only buy from EBay if I can't find it at any collectors shop, Hobby shop or stores. I only get things I can't find in the real world. Your better looking at something and holding it and paying for it in the real world cause you can see and feel it. This rule goes for everything you can buy.

I hope you have better luck with these tips,

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread