Wallys guide for married men

T

trish76642

Re: Wally's guide for married men

Mainedigger said:
Mighty AP said:
Im being REAL nice although I dont have to cuz I dont play golf. ;D

Well there was a woman who came up with a solution for the non golf playing idiots of men....remember Lorena Bobbit? :o :o

oh yeah, who could forget ole Lorena? Wonder what she's doing these days....i bet she's single.

:occasion14: cheers Cyn. :wink:

T

trish76642

OH! Ladies? If you ever decide you want new counters tops for about 20 bucks...let me know....i'll teach cha one of my trades.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

~Trish~ said:
OH! Ladies? If you ever decide you want new counters tops for about 20 bucks...let me know....i'll teach cha one of my trades.

:hello: :hello: Would love to learn! That is another project on my list but have not figured out how to do it for that amount! lol

T

trish76642

Cynangyl said:
~Trish~ said:

:hello: :hello: Would love to learn! That is another project on my list but have not figured out how to do it for that amount! lol

I'll pm it to ya. :wink: takes a whole 2 hours at the most to do it.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

~Trish~ said:
Cynangyl said:
~Trish~ said:

I'll pm it to ya. :wink: takes a whole 2 hours at the most to do it.

Sweeeeet! thanks!

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

~Trish~ said:
Mainedigger said:
Mighty AP said:

Well there was a woman who came up with a solution for the non golf playing idiots of men....remember Lorena Bobbit? :o :o

oh yeah, who could forget ole Lorena? Wonder what she's doing these days....i bet she's single.

Well if not, I bet her boyfriend NEVER dares to go to sleep lying next to her, or sleeps with one eye open... :D

T

trish76642

Mainedigger said:
~Trish~ said:
Mainedigger said:
Mighty AP said:

Well if not, I bet her boyfriend NEVER dares to go to sleep lying next to her, or sleeps with one eye open... :D

aint that the truth!
I wonder if she's even gotta boyfriend. :icon_scratch:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

The Queen of my castle makes me the King of our house and I do what I can to not mess that up. We do what needs to be done and never a day goes by that we don't take time several times a day for hugs and 'I love you's' .
First marriage lasted 5 days short of 15 years .
She and I have over 20 yrs together with my children and our grandchildren that we have reared together .
How Can a man Go for years without kissing his wife and then want to shoot the first man that does ?

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Hey, when you gals setup that 12 step program lemme know, Mrs. Lowbatts would love to jump in.

The girls on the other hand got a bit more of me, so they actually think they can make it through the world on their own... Ha! (as if I did....)

I attribute that to their lucking out by having the best mother in the world.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

~Trish~ said:
Lets make a toast girls shall we?

Heres to the strong women, and
the woman we help make stronger.

To digging our own holes, and replacing
our own floors! :wink:

:occasion14:

AGREED! even some of us "girly-girls" can do more than cook and clean.
and most men dont know how good they have it... but whatever!

T

trish76642

How Can a man Go for years without kissing his wife and then want to shoot the first man that does ?

thats what im sayin butch! They dont want cha, but dont want anybody else to have ya either. What a waiste of life.
Your right about the hugging and saying i love you..everyday! My hubby and i do that too. Takes a whole 2 seconds to show someone you care. Matter of fact when we first got together he said "I want a hug everyday", i never knew there were men like that. I love him so much.

The girls on the other hand got a bit more of me, so they actually think they can make it through the world on their own...

be thankful lowbatts....that means they dont have to depend on some sorry man to make it. Nothing worse than watching someone mistreat your daughters.

Your right kelly...like i said, its alot easier when they appreciate it, and not expect it.

I can tell ya, if anybodys in a bad relationship, you dont have to be, weather it be married, boyfriend or girlfriend, when you think your worlds falling apart, im here to tell ya, one of these days you'll say "what did i make such a big fuss for?"

I've often wondered if i had to go through all that just to get to where im suppose to be. Who knows...but it made me who i am today. Im thankful for that. The saying "what doesnt kill ya only makes ya stronger" its true in every sense of the word. When we've all been through things, if you sit back and think about it, we probably wouldnt be the person we are today if we hadnt of gone through it, what ever it may be, its how we learn, its what makes us who we are. Dont dwell on it, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Also I think Truckinbutch makes a good point in "the queen of my house makes me the king of my castle" portion of what he said. The admiration, respect and loving gestures have to go both ways for it to work. :wink:

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Happy Anniversary Mighty AP. That is really something to be proud of.

Thanks Trish :)

john

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Okay, I am going to do my best to give both men and women a tip on this one without totally confusing everyone. lol I think this goes a long way toward relieving tensions in relationships. We have all heard the whole men are from mars, women are from venus philosophy on how differently we all think. This one here is the one that I found hardest to learn, and for that matter...teach the men in my life.

When a woman is totally stressed and frustrated with something she is dealing with and starts venting that frustration to a man in her life things can go wrong real fast. Men are all about fixing the issue, put on their fixit hat and dig in.

Women--realize that if that man did not care about you and about the frustration you are feeling he would not bother to put on his fixit hat to begin with. This reaction does show he cares about you and what you have been going through and do your best to remember this and love him for what he does. Men have a need to fix things, especially for those they love....it is a NEED if he cares and NOT proof that he doesn't care about the emotions you are feeling or about you. Love him for it.

Men--If a woman is stressed and frustrated she needs emotional support more than she needs things fixed. If she is wanting to pull her hair out over something you will have to support her emotionally before she will be able to accept your gift of fixing things or helping her fix things in any way that you care to see. If your first response is to fix things or give her a list of ways she SHOULD have fixed it herself the reaction is usually not the loving sweet one you hope for! We know...or at least some of us do...that your wanting to fix things for us is a good thing but please understand we are more about emotion than anything and unless the emotion is dealt with first the rest doesn't fall into place well. If you absolutely CANT keep from fixing things atleast stop first, give us a hug and tell us that you hate seeing us so upset and since you care about us, you feel you really need to fix it for us or help us fix it. :wink:

Hopefully what I have typed her makes sense to everyone and helps someone in some small way.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Just in time for Valentine's Day.............................................. :love4: :love10: :love2: :love3: :love5: :love7: :love8:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

ahhhh Valentine's day! :love5: :love5: :love5: I sure wish my sweetie was closer so I could be with him and spoil him rotten that day. I will do what I can to make him feel special from here though! ;D

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you ladies. I read all of that advice.... Good stuff!!!

DANGLANGLEY

T

trish76642

Standing Ovation Ladies! Standing Ovation! :hello2:

That was very well said!

Txtee...your not a psychiatrist, but you'd make a great marriage councilor.

Cyn...i wished your sweety was closer too. If i know him like i think i do...im sure he wishes the same thing :wink:

Before my hubby and i got together, i would take my girls out to eat, and one of my favorite parts of going out, not only to be with them (my girls) was just to have someone bring me a glass of tea. That may sound weird, but thats the only time i ever got that treatment, was from a total stranger in a restaurant.

When my hubby finally came into my life it was the first time for him that anyone had ever fixed him his plate and brought it to him, the poor thing, i still cant make myself cut up his steak, :crybaby2:, even though he's very worthy of that kind of treatment, i try my best to show him how much i love him through everything else i do.

This is for the men also. Lord knows im no pro, but i can tell you this, If she fixes you a sandwiche, tell her 'thank you' she's only trying to do something for you. If shes walking around the house not saying anything, and you think she's mad at you, she's probably not, she's probably thinking about all the laundry that needs to be done before she goes to bed. Sometimes the world gets a little heavy on our shoulders. Life itself gets in the way. Instead of her putting it on your shoulders, we try to deal with it ourselves. At least i do. Thats why communication is so important in a marriage. We know for most men, taking care of a family is a big responsibility, i for one admire you for that. Some of you probably think it goes unnoticed but it doesnt, thats why she's making your dinner every evening. All i can say is, it takes two to make it work, not just one.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

My kids used to laugh at me because I would get so excited when someone else would drive someplace....kinda like your tea thing...I spent 12 hrs a day driving patrol then would go home and neither of my kids was old enough to drive so I drove them everywhere plus the normal driving that has to be done...when I was able to ride in the passenger seat of a car I was like a lil kid...I could gawk at everything and talk and not have to be watching traffic! My kids were always real sweet about fixing me something to eat or drink if I was overwhelmed and overtired without a word from me and it still brings tears to my eyes how incredible their hearts were and still are. I guess it is all a matter of finding out that one thing that makes a huge difference for the person in your life....the one thing that feels like being served iced tea....and doing that for them to make them feel loved. It really doesn't have to be a grand gesture...just one that shows you thought about what would touch their heart or take some of the weight off their shoulders.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread