All Treasure Hunting
Wally's guide for married men

Subject: WALLY'S GUIDE

>
>>> WALLY'S GUIDE FOR MARRIED MEN
>>>
>>> It is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it
>>> becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping as
>>> when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them.
>>> Some are oversensitive, and there's nothing worse than an oversensitive,
>>> aging woman.
>>>
>>> My name is Wally. Let me relate how I handled the situation with my
>>> wife, Kim. When I retired a few years ago, it became necessary for Kim
>>> to get a full-time job along with her part-time job, both for extra
>>> income and for the health benefits that we needed. Shortly after she
>>> started working, I noticed she was beginning to show her age.
>>>
>>> I usually get home from the golf club about the same time she gets home
>>> from work. Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says
>>> she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts dinner. I don't
>>> yell at her. Instead, I tell her to take her time and just wake me when
>>> she gets dinner on the table. I generally have lunch in the Men's Grill
>>> at the club and watch the lingerie show, so eating out is not a
>>> reasonable solution. I'm ready for some home-cooked grub when I hit that
>>> door.
>>>
>>> She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating. But now it's
>>> not unusual for them to sit on the table for several hours after dinner.
>>> I do what I can by diplomatically reminding her several times each
>>> evening that they won't clean themselves. I know she really appreciates
>>> this, as it does seem to motivate her to get them done before she goes
>>> to bed.
>>>
>>> I think another symptom of aging is complaining. For example, she will
>>> say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills
>>> during her lunch hour. But, boys, we take 'em for better or worse,
>>> right? So I just smile and offer encouragement. I tell her to stretch it
>>> out over two or even three days. That way she won't have to rush so
>>> much. I also remind her that missing lunch completely now and then
>>> wouldn't hurt her any (if you know what I mean). I like to think tact is
>>> one of my strong points.
>>>
>>> When doing simple jobs, she seems to think she needs more rest periods.
>>> She had to take a break when she was only half finished mowing the yard.
>>> I try not to make a scene. I'm a fair man. I tell her to fix herself a
>>> nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a
>>> while. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well
>>> make one for me too.
>>>
>>> I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Kim. I'm
>>> not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will
>>> find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better
>>> than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, guys,
>>> even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging
>>> wife because of this article, I will consider that writing it was well
>>> worthwhile. After all, we are put on this earth to help each other.
>>>
>>> Signed,
>>>
>>> Wally
>>>
>>> EDITOR'S NOTE:
>>>
>>> Wally died suddenly on May 27 of a perforated rectum. The police report
>>> says he was found with a Callaway extra long 50-inch Big Bertha Driver
>>> II golf club jammed up his rear end, with barely 5 inches of grip
>>> showing and a sledge hammer laying nearby. His wife Kim was arrested and
>>> charged with Wally's demise. The all-woman jury took only 15 minutes to
>>> find her Not Guilty, accepting her defense that Wally somehow, without
>>> looking, accidentally sat down on his golf club.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Wally's guide for married men

texastee2007 said:
I am so glad my husband isn't like Walley...I enjoy washing his clothes, making his breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Fixing his plate and then washing them....gardening and mowing and weedeating the 2 acres of lawn has always provided me with the relaxation I look forward to once a week. He always takes very good care of me...so when doing the housework and taking care of things so that when he comes home from work he can relax...it is a pleasure for me beyond words. A very happy wife.

Have you got any unmarried sisters? ;D

Just kidding.

No really got any?

corklabus

Dec 5, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
none yet

I just hope her husband doesn't leave his golf clubs laying around........ ;D

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Gotta get my wife some golf clubs....

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

texastee2007 said:
Oh but the perks are sooooo worth it.. :love7: when he does something for me....I just want to do something more for him...like start his truck in the morning when it is cold...it is always the little things that mean so much...like finding out he has turned on the electric blanket on my side...or he pours my cup of coffee in the morning...or those wonderful massages he gives me all the time...so sweet!!! He's a keeper for sure.

You both are so blessed you sound like such a wonderful couple! :love3:

T

trish76642

well i hope after she killed him, she broke the Wally mold...cuz he wouldnt last long round here! :violent1:

my moto..."dont start it, and they want expect it!"

My first husband...would throw his plate across the room if i didnt cut his steak before i handed him his plate. And it was only because i started out trying to do something nice for him, then he started expecting it and the appreciation went right out the door.....and that was me.

My hubby now....even though i'll never cut another mans steak, i could fix him a sandwich and he'd say "thank you that was good"....i love him so much. :love3: We are blessed to have wonderful husbands txtee.

That was a funny post but i had flash backs...can you believe there really are people like that in this world.

T

trish76642

texastee2007 said:
Trish....I can't even begin to tell you....he is the other half of my heart. Right now he is MAKING me breakfast...wow! What a Sweetie.

awww :love4:

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

~Trish~ said:
That was a funny post but i had flash backs...can you believe there really are people like that in this world.

Unfortunately it does take all types to make this world... :( Fortunately though, there are some out there with morals, integrity and respect, and it sounds like you found one for yourself.... :thumbsup:
And without opening a can of worms...I could never understand why a woman would stay with a man that treated her like crap?? :icon_scratch:

T

trish76642

Mainedigger said:
~Trish~ said:

Unfortunately it does take all types to make this world... :( Fortunately though, there are some out there with morals, integrity and respect, and it sounds like you found one for yourself.... :thumbsup:
And without opening a can of worms...I could never understand why a woman would stay with a man that treated her like crap?? :icon_scratch:

Thats why i packed my little (Big ole) U-haul and left. I could give you a hundred reasons why they stay, when i think about it now...none of em are good reasons at all, but theres always a reason..makes absolutely no sense to me now.

Thank God for the men with morals, integrity and respect. there are some wonderful men out there. I found mine.

If i ever see a woman going through that now....i do all i can to encourage them that their life wasnt put here to be used & abused..

Imma strong woman today because of it. :thumbsup:

theres some good men who get treated badly too...they dont deserve it either.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Yes, there are definitely men like that still running around....I was married to one once....didn't ever sit a golf club out for him to sit on though! lol You are so right about how it all gets started though texastee....it is not sudden...it happens over time..little by little you believe less in yourself and you are actually convinced you are lucky they put up with you and you look back and wonder how in the heck it ever happened that you believed any of it yet you know you did. I am so very glad I found the strength to leave even though it was very ugly and required a stalking order and moving to another state to get totally free. I learned a lot about myself and about others and gained an incredible amount of strength from it. I am so very glad you have found such a blessing of a man in your life now! Sounds like you two do things right and deserve each other! It is always such a pleasure to do things for someone you love when they appreciate it and even do sweet things for you as well!! I pray God blessed you both abundantly in life!

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I hope my wife would say the same about me. I try to treat her like a queen when I get home. I know she really takes care of me and makes me proud of her. I am happy to see that other couples enjoy doing for each other also. Although I will admit that she is usually a bit more attentive because the honey do list keeps me busy after being gone a month or two. She is a great companion :icon_sunny: ...Wally needed killin!

john

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Texastee and Trish, I love how you turned this thread into a great one. :thumbsup:

I think we've all seen our share of abusive men, and no person can say they say what they would put up with if they have never walked in those shoes. It takes incredible strength to leave the man or woman you promised to love for the rest of your life who doesn't treat you the way you deserve to be treated.

I'm so glad this is a message of hope. Thanks. :angel11:

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

This thread is so touching............makes me wanna do something real nice fer the lil' woman right now although I AM real comfortable at the moment & my hip has been aching of late...........perhaps I will start being nice tomorrow! :D Just kidding, its actualy our 18th aniversary today & Im being REAL nice although I dont have to cuz I dont play golf. ;D
Ladies.......life is far too short to spend it with a jackass.

T

trish76642

He said I want to see you girls walking like you could kill a bear with a stick!

I like that..your daddys sounded like a wonderful father. We should teach our daughters to grow up and be strong women....I try really hard to do that with my girls. Unfortunately i see them going through the same things i went through. They dont wanna listen. Makes me sad. I guess one day they'll get a belly full of it. Its gonna cause me to stroke. My youngest daughter (and im only telling this because i want other women who go through it to read what i have to say) She had a little girl with this sorry s.o.b and put up with all kinds of verbal abuse from him. The only thing i could figure out was, she was staying with him becuase she didnt want the baby to be without her daddy. Everybodys got their own reasons i guess. Finally i told her one day, "you stay with him, and you know what your doing? Your teaching that beautiful little girl that its ok to be walked on by a man." Its the same way with the men, look what their teaching their sons. Thank God she's not with him anymore, her and the baby are here with me now. He does nothing for the baby, but who needs him. We certainly dont.

when I was in High School I came around a corner in a car where a lot of the kids went to make out and saw a boy slap a girl open handed across the face

I was in that cituation once txtee, I'm proud of you for taking a stand. Except it was a grown woman who slapped her little 4 year old girl in the face like she was a grown man, i went off on that witch so bad, she'll remember my face everytime she even thinks about raising her hand to anybody else.

little by little you believe less in yourself and you are actually convinced you are lucky they put up with you and you look back and wonder how in the heck it ever happened that you believed any of it yet you know you did.

yep...and thats exactly how it gets started Cyn. They make ya feel like your worthless. Mine thought he'd keep me broke all the time, no money to leave, i fixed him one day, it was on a weekend, we were living in South Texas, 250 miles from my family and my home town. I was only allowed $45.00 a week to by grocerys, if i went over it was hell to pay, so i had to figure out what i could buy that would last all week but for less than $45.00 so i could keep that extra and save it for my trip home. Well needless to say, that took way to long, so one sunday i got the check book, and went around to all the drive in stores and cashed $25.00 checks until i had enough money to get a u-haul the next day and load my stuff up while he was at work. Im telling you, when i drove out of that town with my little girl, it was like a ton of weight had lifted off my shoulders, i'll never forget the peace that i felt.

Your a good man John...and your right, Wally needs kill'n.

I think we've all seen our share of abusive men, and no person can say they say what they would put up with if they have never walked in those shoes. It takes incredible strength to leave the man or woman you promised to love for the rest of your life who doesn't treat you the way you deserve to be treated.

Your right baby doll....like i tell everybody "a woman belongs beside a man, not at his feet"
Same with the man who's being treated like a door mat...love yourselves enough to know you deserve much better!

Happy Anniversary Mighty AP...i sure hope you get 18 + alot more.

texastee2007 said:
My dad brought up three kids by himself...I was the youngest at 13...we lived on a farm and enjoyed the outdoors. I would get to grease the 5th wheel on his truck and ride in it when he would make his runs. I guess it taught me to think more like a guy then a gal and have always had a hard time when a woman plays the "I can't do that card" and I worked in a hardware store for 15 years and had many women tell me "they can't get their husbands to do this or that" I told them that they were not going to find any sympathy from me but I could teach them how to do a lot of the stuff that was on their list if the wanted to learn. I would often hold a one on one class on how to re screen, put in a window, paint, or simply put in a door knob. It was good for the store, the customer and probably a few marrages. My husband works so hard 6 days a week...how fair would it be for me to expect him to have to come home and go back to work on things around the house? especially if I can do it myself...don't get me wrong, he does so much, maybe more then most....but I would be just as happy if he was taking a nap with his head in my lap. I am not a doormat, but my husband is the leader in our home and I like it that way. He has a good head on his shoulders and thinks with a clear mind. He is an excellent leader and a cherished husband.

I knew there was a reason i like you! I do all the maintenance around my house too! Every woman should have her own tool box is my moto! I got mine! Right along with an electric saw, and a drill! LOL... Everytime the ladies in my family have a birthday, guess what i buy them? Their own fully loaded tool box! LOL

I pretty much treat my hubby the same way txtee, he works all week i sure would rather do it myself than harp on him about it. (Lisa? My darling? Thats what i meant about whiney women :wink:) We need to learn to do it ourselves rather than depend on someone else..sure is alot cheaper than hiring someone else to do it. When i do a job for someone, the ladies of the house follow me around like little puppy dogs, cuz they wanna learn to be independant in that way, and i'm more than happy to teach them. I've done everything from replace windows to build my 70 foot back porch. Wished yall could come sit on with me. Txtee, Cyn, Lisa.

Good Lord! I just noticed i wrote a BOOK! LMAO...sorry...sure feels good to talk about something thats scared me for so long. If we help anybody else out there reading this, then it will all be worth it ladies.

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mighty AP said:
Im being REAL nice although I dont have to cuz I dont play golf. ;D

Well there was a woman who came up with a solution for the non golf playing idiots of men....remember Lorena Bobbit? :o :o

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

It is nice to see folks that have the same philosophy in life about things. Sheesh girls we could just get together and get a fixer upper and get busy and have a blast! ;D ;D I enjoy doing stuff like that and my next project is putting tile down in my bathroom then most likely going to save up and do hardwood floors in the rest of the place. It is far too seldom that you see strong women that can do for themselves yet have such respect and love for the men in their lives and enjoy spoiling them too. Definitely my way of thinking and nice to be blessed with friends that feel the same way! ;D

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cynangyl said:
It is far too seldom that you see strong women that can do for themselves yet have such respect and love for the men in their lives and enjoy spoiling them too. Definitely my way of thinking and nice to be blessed with friends that feel the same way! ;D

And from a guys point of view, it is nice and very refreshing and encouraging to see women like that as well.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

T

trish76642

Lets make a toast girls shall we?

Heres to the strong women, and
the woman we help make stronger.

To digging our own holes, and replacing
our own floors! :wink:

:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread