yes revenge can be sweet

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: yes revenge can be sweet

It's probably a large part of the reason they are having problems. Training people and capitalizing on experience and subsequently, efficiency, is really important to the operation of a company. If they play the government 'gimme game' they never get people up to speed and production suffers.................
I never did understand that cheap mentality but it's a good way to put your company out of business........... looks like it's working for them..........
Good luck on your job search AA. I still say you should look into an SBA Grant to start your own business!!

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cybercop has a great suggestion.

With the stimulus and the TARP, there WILL be money for new small businesses.

If you have a particular skill that is marketable - the time is here to take advantage of what will be available.

B

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i know how to find stuff buried in da ground :dontknow:

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Of course Frank gots skillz................. :thumbsup:

And we'd ALL work for him if he had a business........

We could open a nationwide Dirt Detective biz!?! A branch in every state and maybe overseas. We have the contacts right here at TNet.........

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wasn't suggesting he didn't have any skills.

The key word was "marketable" - since the economy is what it is - in order to get an SBA loan, you have to present a plan, what and how the business can be developed, etc.

B

S

Smee

But . . . if revenge is what you're after . . . I have some experience in the fun part of getting fired.

We got a new District Manager, the owner promoted him because of friendship, not knowledge or management skills. I had managed Kenny's store well for 2 years. Got along good with the new DM until a discussion which had to do with race. I found out quick that he had a problem with Native Americans when he set me up to get fired.

I had already started looking for and had found a new job. So I helped him out. Kenny is a real homophobe --- not doesn't like, but is actually scarred of them.

So, it wasn't long until the DM started getting his "Gay Lingerie" catalogs at one of the stores he oversaw. Not the one I used to work at, but the one he had worked for in the 2 months before his amazing promotion. The new manager forwarded them to the home office because the DM wasn't making his rounds as he should have been . . .

Revenge is so sweet.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

I have heard of several people getting fired right before probation is up.
Also companies where it takes 3 yrs. to be vested in retirement program.
All the money put into it gets dispersed to vested employees when someone gets fired right before they qualify.
Not right.

Weird thing with me - every company I have worked for is out of business.
I don't know what to say to HR folks when I look for a job.
Most past fellow employees are also dead, moved away or retired. :(

Grey

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

greydigger said:
I have heard of several people getting fired right before probation is up.
Also companies where it takes 3 yrs. to be vested in retirement program.
All the money put into it gets dispersed to vested employees when someone gets fired right before they qualify.
Not right.

Weird thing with me - every company I have worked for is out of business.
I don't know what to say to HR folks when I look for a job.
Most past fellow employees are also dead, moved away or retired. :(

Grey
same here. one guy would not hire me because he didnt want to go out of buisness

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Lost a guy this morning, he constantly threatened the boss (behind the bosses back) and was a born slacker who routinely sounded his own horn and patted himself on the back. He was earning one write up after another and constantly talked about what he would do when they made him boss.

He would back down if called out on any of his boasts but constantly threatened real harm if he ever got let go for everyone on his to do list. Boy did he look different when they walked him out.

I love it when someone rants about their inherent right to succeed without really trying. But they're never the one to take the risk of putting their own name on a label.

Had a couple like that at the last long term job I had, one made a video tape and left it behind when he came to shoot up the place and kill everyone. Maybe fortunate for us, he went to a McDonald's in Racine, I think it was on his way to work. Locked his keys in the car with his big guns and ammo. Never underestimate a pathetic psycho. He took the guns he was carrying and shot up the McDonalds, killing a young pregnant woman and seriously wounding many others before eating his own bullet.

Hey, get whatever job you can and work it like it's your last, never know!

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Live every aspect of your life like it is your last - and enjoy and be thankful for every minute.

B

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

That is terrible lowbatts !

aa - yes what can a HR person think if all your jobs have failed.
We both know it wasn't your fault but the implications are there.
At one job I was at for 3 years, got a new boss and he was berating me for something.
He was at least 10 yrs. younger than I and I was not impressed.
I explained to him that I felt my work helped the company grow and make money.
It was in my best interest to do the best I could because then they could pay me more.
Why would I try to hinder a company that paid me?
I was always complimented on my work and always got raises but the work went overseas or accross the border.
Lots of machine shops going under.
Tried my luck in a new field as a Haiku Repairman but no job offers.
Seems the only jobs to be found are working with your tongue. Lots of talking.
I like making things with my hands and mind.
I do not insult people, but I try to teach if they want it, like the folks that taught me.

My Grandfather told me to learn a skilled trade and I would always be in demand.
He was born in 1887 and times have changed.
I don't know what to do now.
Grey

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

greydigger said:
That is terrible lowbatts !

aa - yes what can a HR person think if all your jobs have failed.
We both know it wasn't your fault but the implications are there.
At one job I was at for 3 years, got a new boss and he was berating me for something.
He was at least 10 yrs. younger than I and I was not impressed.
I explained to him that I felt my work helped the company grow and make money.
It was in my best interest to do the best I could because then they could pay me more.
Why would I try to hinder a company that paid me?
I was always complimented on my work and always got raises but the work went overseas or accross the border.
Lots of machine shops going under.
Tried my luck in a new field as a Haiku Repairman but no job offers.
Seems the only jobs to be found are working with your tongue. Lots of talking.
I like making things with my hands and mind.
I do not insult people, but I try to teach if they want it, like the folks that taught me.

My Grandfather told me to learn a skilled trade and I would always be in demand.
He was born in 1887 and times have changed.
I don't know what to do now.
Grey

I'm gonna be looking for paid insultants very soon possibly maybe if things don't workout and probably more so if they do.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

I think Mrs Oroblanco hit the nail on the head. You were let go because you probation period was up. Probably had nothing to do with you performance on the job. The company only had to pay half wages for that position as long as they keep a new hire in that slot. It was just your turn in the barrel, so to speak :o

What goes around comes around. Now the folks running the scam will be looking for a job. Revenge is sweet.

Have you found a new job? I am sure the flower folks will not be needing you after the Valentines day rush is over. No reason to fire you then re-hire you unless THEY were in a jam. They probably realized that they screwed up by firing you just befor the Valentines day rush, but I hope I am wrong and you keep you job there long after Valentines day.

Ray S

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A couple of years ago I worked at a company that made car carriers, you know the big rigs that carried new cars to the dealers. Anyway, I was maintenance on the different machines in the plant. After 3 months I was called into the supervisors office for my 3 month review. I was told that I was doing ok but not good enough for even a 25 cent raise. Toward the end of the review I was asked if there was anything I wanted to say. Well.....yes! I said that a review was a two way street and I didn't like the way they ran the company and I didn't know how they were going to do it, but starting tommorrow they were going to have to get by without me.
Just found out due to the economy, the WHOLE plant was laid off and closed up. Even the jerk who was my boss.
Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions