Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I just use the paint program on windows usually under accessories

then open the picture

hit control W and it brings up the
streach and skew block
under streach I usually start with 45 % in both horz and vert.
save it then go checks its kb # and it most times is under the
250 kb requirement if not I redo it again reducing it some more like maybe 10-15 %
till I get under the requirement

you can also crop under the paint program too if you want to cut stuff out

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
When you download your pics from camera to computer there should be a way to crop your pictures in there. I use my printer to download my pictures. I pick which pictures I want resized to email size and hit 1 button and they are automatically resized to a smaller picture. I then transfer the pictures into Photobucket to post in here.

Sue

G

gamiller

I often use photofiltre (free download) The programs allows you to resize the pics , sometimes you dont want to crop the picture. Also many digital camera have adjustment for file sizes. A smaller file size will result in smaller pics which can be preferable posting on some web site or e-mailing. I myself prefer the larger size files because a large file can be reduced with good result , but small file size cant alway be enlarged without some loss of quality. Greg

S

Smee

One other thing to consider: If you use jpg pics, you can reduce the quality to 75 or 80% and you won't really see much difference . . . except the file size. The pics I take can be reduced to under 100KB by using 80% when I save it for uploading.

Hope that helps. If not, Gimp has been ported to windows for quite some time. Excellent graphics program and free. www.gimp.org - really rivals photoshop without the big pricetag.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread