What Was Your Childhood Foolishness?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B

BIG61AL

Letting a dumb friend talk me into jumping off the roof of my garage. I think i damaged the soft tissue in my feet and now my feet look like crap.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Having BB gun and firecracker wars...later blowing up dynamite with rifles...and much, much more. I'm not dead yet.

Beep

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
The Beep Goes On said:
Having BB gun and firecracker wars...later blowing up dynamite with rifles...and much, much more. I'm not dead yet.

Beep
Did you ever live close to me in WV when you were young ? We may have played on opposite sides .

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
I loved to blow things up and make big bangs. Like throwing Renuzit cans in the fire with a pin hole in the cap. Or making bolt bombs from RR bolts and nuts and match heads. still have all my fingers! Bob

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Large beds of glowing embers with upwards pointed shards of glass infused throughout and loose strands of barbed wire. Just couldn't resist them...

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drinking creek water....and there were still outhouses in the area. :icon_pale:

Still here tho.

Al

K

Kentucky Kache

deepskyal said:
Drinking creek water....and there were still outhouses in the area. :icon_pale:

Still here tho.

Al

That fertilize water makes you grow. :tongue1:

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
I unwisely but persistently "experimented" with electrical outlets... sort of like the kid in Mojjax's avatar.

No doubt this explains much about my present mentality— or lack of it.

(Incidentally, it can be surprisingly difficult to extract your Sunday School dime from a live lamp socket.)

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Throwing water balloons off the bridge onto the fisher men below.
Got chased a few times.

K

Kentucky Kache

...ever puncture an "empty" spray paint can to get the ball bearing?

...ever attempt to put out a flaming inner tube by whopping it on the ground?

...ever try to solder a hot plate?

uh...me neither. ::) ...sides, iz just a kid. ;D

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
watching the science fiction movies /outerspace-alien movies when i was a kid and seen one that the people/aliens that came to earth looked like us excopt no pinky finger so they had one put on and it was stiff and wouldn't bend . well the elderly woman that lived across the road was from england and would drink her tea with her finger out and then she asked me to get her alien registration papers from the post office for her and i was outta there. haha no-one could convince me that she wasn,t from mars. well she didn,t talk like me either. haha. (some of the younger people probably don't remember but in nov. and dec .it used to be a public service ad on tv and radio for immigrants to update their status before jan 1 and the papers were available at the PO.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In High School back in the 70' s I would make "UFO's" out of dry cleaner bags , paper straws , birthday candles , pins , and skotch tape . They would float over the neighborhood , eventually going out of sight , My friends and I would follow them on our bikes as far as we could .

One particular night , our crude hot air balloon was going pretty good - then it started to sprinkle a little rain . The "ufo'' began to loose altitude from the weight of the water droplets . It landed in a neighbors tree on their front lawn . The plastic bag soon ignited . It was Fall , so there were no leaves on the tree . The burning plastic began dripping Fire Drops on to the lawn below that was covered with fairly dry leaves , causing another small fire . We were hiding in the bushes laughing . All the lights in the house went out , and we could see curtains moving and faces peeking . Finally , some one came out and hooked up a garden hose , sprayed it , while scratching their head wondering how their tree branch and lawn caught fire while it was raining .
I realize now that I am older , this could have been a disaster .
They really look cool though , floating around up in the sky !

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
mojjax said:
In High School back in the 70' s I would make "UFO's" out of dry cleaner bags , paper straws , birthday candles , pins , and skotch tape .
They really look cool though , floating around up in the sky !

I've done that!!!!

DM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread