The Unexplained

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G

gamiller

I've experienced a few women ---------- does that count?

Old Fart in TN

Nov 27, 2005
Athens Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab
saw one over the dam at lake Travis when I was a kid. Caused fire ants to swarm out of the ground. If I remember right one of the Austin tv stations came out and did a story on it. ( took place in the late 60's)

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
mcgearhead said:
This morning when I woke up, I was tied down to an operating table, with these little green men all around. I was terrified ! I didn't know what to do. There was nothing that I could do. They realized that they had the wrong human, and sent back to earth.

So evidently there is not really intellegant life out there after all, just life.

They were not little green men, they were reps from your HMO saving money by getting their own second opinion, literally. :thumbsup:

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
I've had a few bosses and managers who couldn't explain a damn thing. Does this count?

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Seen a lot of flying bugs I knew nothin' 'bout!

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcgearhead said:
Ok, we all know my first one was a joke, but this really happened. When I was younger, we lived on a farm that was built just after the civil war. Anyway, we bought another house, and was moving. After everything was moved, I went back with my old pickup, and started tearing down an old hut I built out in the woods.

Everytime that I went into the woods, I could hear footsteps, like someone was walking right beside me. When I stopped, the sound of footsteps stopped. I could also smell a cigar the whole time.

While I was tearing down the hut I could still smell the cigar. When I carried the lumber back through the woods, I would hear the footsteps right beside me again. This happened everytime that I was in the woods. When I came back out in to the pasture, there was no sound, but I could still smell the cigar. It was like whoever or whatever it was, stayed in the woods.

The whole time that we lived there alot of strange things happened. This place was really old. When we moved in, my dad acually had to put in a bathroom. The only bathroom was in the backyard, It was an old outhouse. The crazy part is the previous owners was still using it !

Got alot of stories from that old place ! I sure wish I had known about metal detecting back then ! That would probably have been a sweet spot to hunt !
Wow! That's pretty eerie! That would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up!
Scott

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One time when Jeff and I were out detecting an old town site that's now a pasture, well we had been there before and kinda felt a little something but there were several other people there, so didn't pay any attention but, this time it was just the two of us, when we first got there and was taking a look to decide which direction I wanted to head I thought I saw something out of the cornor of my eye just assumed, rabbit and went on but, you know still just didn't feel right, well went walking that way the first thing I find is some bones of small to med. size varmints, decided to move a little more toward the general direction Jeff was and saw something dart again out of the cornor of my eye, kept going and there was a cow skeleton and maybe a dog or something. I see this thing dart again and I go right to where hes at now and were walking around under the trees where houses were at the cellars are still there, and I find a horse carcuss (not completely decomposed) and I see this thing dart again not under the trees just outside of them Jeff says he didn't see a thing but just as I was going to say I wanted to try another spot he says hes not fining anything lets go. We have been there before this some and since not exact area but across road but that day was way weird!

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
mcgearhead said:
The only bathroom was in the backyard, It was an old outhouse. The crazy part is the previous owners was still using it !
Exactly what is strange about that? I bet it still worked and disn't waste any water.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fossis, thanks for the PM. I understand your sentiments but some phenomena is just too cool too let slide.
Scott

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I worked in an old building here in Pocatello for over a year, it was pig slaughterhouse back in the 20's & 30's. It was empty & abandoned for many many years, the local kids always broke in at night & ran around inside for kicks & dares. When the company I worked for moved in there was a large room that had a large red pentagram painted on the floor..........a buddy of mine painted over it. The place was very spooky, nobody liked being alone in there, lots of noises & feelings of someone watching you. I would be working in the weld area & would see someone out of the corner of my eye walk by the large doorway into the motor room, a dead end. Thinking it was one of my work mates screwing with me Id run into the room & never find anyone. This happened all the time. We were ripping out a wall in the "pentagram" room & my buddy was grinding some concrete when the grinding disc exploded & part of it hit his throat, just missing his jugular. He still has the scar. Two weeks later another guy was prying on a 2x4 on the same wall with a crow bar when the board popped loose & flew through the air, hitting the same guy who was almost decapitated in the temple, breaking bones around his eye socket. I asked the kid doing the prying what had happened.........he said it was like "something" threw the 2x4 like a spear right at his head. He still has the scar. Two weeks after that I was on a ladder in the same area & "something" kicked the bottom of the ladder, I fell 8 foot & was almost impaled on a piece of pipe sticking out of a bucket, broke my ankle. I tried to avoid that room after that. Many other incedents occured, music playing where there were no radios, voices & footsteps, electronic doors opening & closing, bright orbs & flashes of light etc. Im waiting on a phone call to go back to work in that same building............I'll keep y'all posted & post pics of the place when I get back in there.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hotel I used to work at, when you would finish cleaning a room and start to leave lights would come back on the TV would come on or go off and the elevator would go up and down on its own! Use to spook new people real bad and some would quit because of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread