Did Politics and Religion get turned off again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since P and R were essentially un-moderated it was kind of like the tree house in the backyard where the kids could go and be out of sight of the parents. When the parents finally go out and look in the tree house and see what's going on they react accordingly. Although I might not like it, I respect the right of a site to do whatever the proprietor deems desirable.

P and R, if they came back, should be moderated, but I know the moderators don't really like hanging out there. If they were moderated, they would probably not have been removed (imo).

I never visited politics very often until a while back. The reason I started going there was because our hobby, the country and the world are in pretty rough shape at the moment. I wanted to hear what people were thinking. Of course, I got sucked in to a few threads, but most of us behave properly regardless of how strongly we hold a viewpoint. It was fun and educational as well if you approached it with the proper mindset.

Beep

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Maybe I am wrong but I consider this (forum) a place to be with friends, no different than sitting on my porch discussing things that concern me or them.
I do care about our country and the many things it stands for. I have always respected other opinions and thier beliefs. Our country stands for mainly one word "Freedom".
The bottom line with the site is it is Marc's choice on what is allowed or disallowed, and if he feels things are getting heated or out of line in areas it is his right to discontinue them or do as he feels fit. It is his site and I myself stand behind his decisions.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baked Alaska is far better than Pineapple upside down cake :icon_sunny:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
I had both of them on my ignore list, so I guess that tells ya where I stand on them

Ditto.

No sense in getting involved in worthless, ceaseless arguing.

SWR, I paid for the Search feature. :wink:

-Buck

A

Atticus Finch

Although I rarely frequented those threads, I often found them not dissimilar to cults. Too much false brainwashing.

I am glad they are gone and gone permanently.

A.F.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Likely Guy said:
Why does religion or politics matter in this forum, as far as treasure is concerned?

Treasure is the one non-partisan thing that we all share. The quest, mystery, the need for more research, the sharing is what it's about. Ban religion and politics and I think this community would be happier and better off because of it.

If that is the case, then shouldn't that also apply to avatars, usernames, and signatures?

Jay

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To each his own. If P and R made you uncomfortable, or you found them distasteful, or you were incapable of controlling your own thought processes, then you were certainly under no obligation to visit those boards.

As in all things, there were good and bad aspects to P and R. Some of us liked the good parts and it was very entertaining at times.

Beep

S

Smee

Montana Jim said:
If you're a metal detectorist then maybe the religious topics wouldn't matter you, but, politics might as we see our freedoms and liberties eroding... town parks closing to detectorists and even beaches.

At the same time "as we see our freedoms and liberties eroding", censorship is growing . . . At the same time Censorship is growing, we see faith fading . . . As we see faith fading, "we see our freedoms and liberties eroding."

There must be some sort of correlation . . .

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Personaly Im not glad at this time politics forum is gone, (and am suspicious of the reason given).
I belive there is to much at stake for another forum that helped folks see the real facts (wether we wanted to hear them or not) of the situation in America today to be delited from avalibility. I know theres plenty other places to get it, but most are so packed with posters you cant get the facts out there. This is one sight I belive folks could take the time to read and see diffrent opinions.
I have some really good friends here, and some Iv even broke Bread with, we dont always agree (and somtimes it gets heated) but I know when it comes time to put a coil to the ground we are the best of friends.
I thought the members only rule for P.and R. was the right solution.
But I dont own the sight, so I stand behind the owners decision (for whatever reason) and am gratful to Marc, those that voulenteer thier time, and Tnet for the use of it. If discussing politics on Tnet slip into oblivion, so be it.

Your "Texan Connection"
Albert

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Atticus Finch said:
prospector40 said:
I noticed that politics was steadily but slowly turning from hate bush its all his fault to hate obama. The politics forum seemed to be ok (no server problems) when it was a hate bush forum. (just my opinion)

Maybe you should take some fundamental reading courses starting at the 1st grade. Maybe that would make things clearer for you?
lol

Someone's opinion, though it may differ from yours, does not justify a personal attack.

prospector40 said:
And what would that do?? I mean other than show me that you are a liar and a fraud.

Speaking of fundamental courses. I think Barney (the male prostitution ring leader out of his taxpayer funded home in DC) Frank should have his parents arrested for child abuse and neglect. Can you imagine anyone letting their kids grow up without hooked on phonics? Well, if you cant imagine it I will tell you a secret.....Barney Frank is what you get.

...and the return salvo.

This is, most likely, one of the two main contributing factors to having P and R removed. You both have the right to say whatever you want (if it is not political or religious in nature) unless it is harmful, demeaning or insulting to another, as I am pretty sure forum policy states.

This thread will probably disappear sometime soon.

Beep

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:
Atticus Finch said:
prospector40 said:
I noticed that politics was steadily but slowly turning from hate bush its all his fault to hate obama. The politics forum seemed to be ok (no server problems) when it was a hate bush forum. (just my opinion)

Maybe you should take some fundamental reading courses starting at the 1st grade. Maybe that would make things clearer for you?
lol

Someone's opinion, though it may differ from yours, does not justify a personal attack.

prospector40 said:
And what would that do?? I mean other than show me that you are a liar and a fraud.

Speaking of fundamental courses. I think Barney (the male prostitution ring leader out of his taxpayer funded home in DC) Frank should have his parents arrested for child abuse and neglect. Can you imagine anyone letting their kids grow up without hooked on phonics? Well, if you cant imagine it I will tell you a secret.....Barney Frank is what you get.

...and the return salvo.

This is, most likely, one of the two main contributing factors to having P and R removed. You both have the right to say whatever you want (if it is not political or religious in nature) unless it is harmful, demeaning or insulting to another, as I am pretty sure forum policy states.

Beep

Yes ! Comments like This is part of the Reason
when Space needs to be Cleared out,
P & R Are the first to go.

& If that dosn't work Maybe some other
"Cleaning" Needs to be done :wink:

A

Atticus Finch

prospector40 said:
I seem to have a problem remembering that generation love has been ushered in on 1/20/09. Please accept my most sincere apology ;D

(sigh)

lol

xxxoooxxxxooo
oooxxxoooxxoo
ooxxxooxxoo

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the sad thing is... most people are all about the PRESIDENT! what yall don't get is that he needs the other elected officials from ALL our states to get things done.. he doesn't make "unilateral" decisions

A

Atticus Finch

K*E*L*L*Y said:
the sad thing is... most people are all about the PRESIDENT! what yall don't get is that he needs the other elected officials from ALL our states to get things done.. he doesn't make "unilateral" decisions

I just noticed your Icon...would you like to join me for lunch and a bottle of Absolute and talk about how absolutely correct you are on every topic?

:wink:

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atticus Finch said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:

I just noticed your Icon...would you like to join me for lunch and a bottle of Absolute and talk about how absolutely correct you are on every topic?

:wink:

silly boy!! .........i'll have a drink of that Vodka anytime! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:
This thread will probably disappear sometime soon.

Beep

Yep I see one more Political Comment it will ;D

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was Politics and Religion a big deal on here?!?!?
I never looked at them... since they have been on block since day one for me...?
also im not a huge internet forum fan...but im sure they must have one for those topics?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is Marc anyway? I haven't seen much from him in a while. Looks like Jeff is running the show. Monty

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
prospector40 said:
Is politics really a problem? Can it be controlled? I doubt it. I doubt it, but thats my opionion.

Sounds like it can be controlled through the Deletion of threads with politics in them.

And I'm all for that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread