Did Politics and Religion get turned off again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Atticus Finch

TEXAN Connection said:
Cappy Z. said:
I'm planning a trip to the Brittish Virgin Islands for a long weekend...

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel off the beaten path where I can swing my md and carry around my bottle of Absolut?

WOOHOOO!!! "Absolut". I'm sure we could hunt Happily together Cappy (probaly shouldent disscuss politics though), as far as your 2 names, Im with Kelly on that. So why do you feel you need 2 ID's?

I think K*E*L*L*Y* WOULD FIND gold on the beach, particularly with a southern lawyer-gentleman.... you Albert should buy some new wrangler jeans and continue to dig....and dig...and dig... There are two types of people in the world..those who have shovels..and those who do the digging...lol

Atticus Finch

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy Z. said:
TEXAN Connection said:
Cappy Z. said:
I'm planning a trip to the Brittish Virgin Islands for a long weekend...

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel off the beaten path where I can swing my md and carry around my bottle of Absolut?

WOOHOOO!!! "Absolut". I'm sure we could hunt Happily together Cappy (probaly shouldent disscuss politics though), as far as your 2 names, Im with Kelly on that. So why do you feel you need 2 ID's?

I think K*E*L*L*Y* WOULD FIND gold on the beach, particularly with a southern lawyer-gentleman.... you Albert should buy some new wrangler jeans and continue to dig....and dig...and dig... There are two types of people in the world..those who have shovels..and those who do the digging...lol

Atticus Finch

I think im doing well without the gold... but we shall see!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
2 IDs huh mmmm might not be a bad idea :icon_scratch:

lol you could talk to yourself
compliment yourself
argue with yourself
PM yourself

even add yourself as a buddy lol

lol I guess as long as the site is getting another 20 it is ok :tongue3:

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bridge End Farm said:

compliment yourself
argue with yourself
PM yourself

but to much work... and weird! i think!
why not just say what you want under your name?
if you WANT to say it... dang it take the credit... no matter what the outcome.
idk..

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
K*E*L*L*Y said:
Bridge End Farm said:

compliment yourself
argue with yourself
PM yourself

but to much work... and weird! i think!
why not just say what you want under your name?
if you WANT to say it... dang it take the credit... no matter what the outcome.
idk..

well the way I personally look at it

God only made one of me :)

some might be glad of that :tongue3:

But I am proud of that :)

so why not be just be the one that is me :thumbsup:

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Cappy Z. said:
Bridge End Farm said:

compliment yourself
argue with yourself
PM yourself

Have a few stiff drinks and then start arguing with yourselves...

Have a few stiff drinks and then start arguing with yourselves...

I think you double posted Cappy

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why 2 names?
just give an answer? what is/was the reason?

JamesE

Understanding you weren't asking me, I don't have 2 ID's. I'm with you though, I don't see a reason for 2 ID's that wouldn't be illegal, immoral, or fattening. ;D
Sometimes folks want to present an idea anonymously :icon_study:, or from their alter ego :icon_jokercolor:, or maybe they have fears concerning the quaity of an item for sale. :(
jim

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ernest its only 2 ID's when your using them at the same time so your safe! ;D Unless your someone besides Ernest on here? ;D

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JamesE said:
Tact and diplomacy are achieveable through listening, discussion, and practice.
Given the right subject on the wrong day, any human can get their (anger) buttons pushed. If a person feels that their buttons get pushed every day or every hour, the problem is internal expectations and flawed logic, and it's not the worlds' job to adjust to fix or fit ones' attitude.
jim

Very good point!!!... "If a person feels that their buttons get pushed every day or every hour, the problem is internal expectations and flawed logic, and it's not the worlds' job to adjust to fix or fit ones' attitude."

Thanks for bringing that up!

DANGLANGLEY

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two IDs...I've thought about it, but have no reason to do so. Why would someone want to do that? Maybe...

- to create a new persona and "start fresh" without the baggage of the original ID
- to post things you wouldn't want associated with your main ID
- to create cross-talk on your own posts...give yourself a pat on the back or sculpt a conversation to make a point
- to request or provide information, stories or treasure-related details that you would not want associated with your main ID
- for buying and selling (although this would potentially imply subterfuge)
- to push the envelope of the forum without worrying about getting banned...it's a throwaway ID

...could probably think of more, but I think those would probably be the main reasons.

Beep

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I actually did create another ID once, but just because I wanted to do a joke post on a thread from a Long dead ghost, I thought it was funny but no one posted after it, maybe it scared them, maybe it got ignored, It was still funny.
I deleted the poster shortly after, maybe it added to the mystery. (made me laugh)

A

Atticus Finch

TEXAN Connection said:
I actually did create another ID once, but just because I wanted to do a joke post on a thread from a Long dead ghost, I thought it was funny but no one posted after it, maybe it scared them, maybe it got ignored, It was still funny.
I deleted the poster shortly after, maybe it added to the mystery. (made me laugh)

Nobody has to explain anything about why they did or did not use one or more IDs. This is just a fun website. If I wanted to call myself Sureshot Cheney it's nobody's business.

The politics thread was a blast until people starting actually getting upset as if the dialogue here at TN had a monumental impact on the election. Well folks it didn't. What we witnessed was a microcosm of the larger political scene. It reminded me alot of that Twilight Zone episode where aliens turn off the towns electricity and play havoc with their radios. People start pointing to their long standing neighbors as if they were the aliens. A very dark truth about human beings vulnerability to be manipulated.

Regardless, I like many here enjoy a good laugh, a few jokes, and some mischief. We need to remember we all love treasure stories and we are in fact Americans. I hope the politics and religious threads are not brought back. I also wish that Marc would use deoderant.

Peace
HH
Atticus Finch

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
The Beep Goes On said:
- to push the envelope of the forum without worrying about getting banned...it's a throwaway ID
.Beep

You would want to use a different IP address for the throwaway if you were to do that. The Mods could see that both came from the same IP otherwise.
...and no, I don't have any other identities myself.

Jay

JamesE

Pretty way damn COOL!!!!
This has gone on soooo long and the topic has remained the topic, has not degraded in the least to diatribe and anger.
Kind of a nifty example of a subject that produces its' own purity and harmony because the 'subject' is the "Subject".
When this thread hits its' full circle, we and any forum, might be able to replace the 'Terms of Use' with this dialogue.
Serene Sabbath, jim

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The IP address is the same for both usernames.... so right.. if you get banned I believe they ban your ip address.
just so you really cant come back under a new name. So i would be careful of getting an alter ego just to talk smack..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread