If YOU Could Pass One Law...

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Mandatory jail time for the failure to remove one's expired yard sale signs.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NHbenz said:
Mandatory jail time for the failure to remove one's expired yard sale signs.
Or election signs!
Scott

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All politicians must get a mandatory drug test !

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
texastee2007 said:
No more life without parole or life in jail.....if guilty beyond a shadow of doubt...three in line open the express line...pure and simple.

Use tax dollars saved for police, fire departments and victums of crimes. It costs $100.00+ per day to keep someone in jail. I have tried to research how many people are in jail as life without parole and life in jail....I can not find a number.
AMEN Brother! Life in jail is about the most useless thing I've ever seen!

But, I was watching 60 Minutes or some such show a couple of nights ago, and apparently is can be even more expensive to keep someone on death row for any length of time, when you figure in the court costs of providing a lawyer, all the chances they get for hearings and retrials, the extra security of death row, etc, etc. It made a little sense till I realized......IMMEDIATE DEATH SENTENCES!! From the courtroom to a little mobile electric chair that the Sheriff can pull around behind his truck, like a deadly Port-A-Potty.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Term limits doesn't sound too bad either.
Scott

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I would put the congressional pay back into the hands of the people, by annually voting on each pay raise by popular vote for each congressman. Some might get a raise, some might lose money.

By holding them accountable I think THEY would then change all the other laws to the popular will of the people, instead of to suit thier own needs.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Montana Jim said:
I would put the congressional pay back into the hands of the people, by annually voting on each pay raise by popular vote for each congressman. Some might get a raise, some might lose money.

By holding them accountable I think THEY would then change all the other laws to the popular will of the people, instead of to suit thier own needs.
Another great idea! Let's put the power of the government back into the hands of the people, where it belongs.

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Not to upset the dog lovers amongst us, the law I would pass would address the lazy, inconsiderate
buffoons who do not pick-up after their pets do their doody on my front lawn.

The sentence would be simple...one week shoveling $hit on a pig farm. :angry4:

(Apologies for the short rant, my three year old found one of these piles today while playing
outside)

B

BIG61AL

Full disclosure of all chemicals and additives in cigarettes posted on every pack and a $100 surcharge for every carton.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
texastee2007 said:
af1733 said:
texastee2007 said:
No more life without parole or life in jail.....if guilty beyond a shadow of doubt...three in line open the express line...pure and simple.

Use tax dollars saved for police, fire departments and victims of crimes. It costs $100.00+ per day to keep someone in jail. I have tried to research how many people are in jail as life without parole and life in jail....I can not find a number.

But, I was watching 60 Minutes or some such show a couple of nights ago, and apparently is can be even more expensive to keep someone on death row for any length of time, when you figure in the court costs of providing a lawyer, all the chances they get for hearings and retrials, the extra security of death row, etc, etc. It made a little sense till I realized......IMMEDIATE DEATH SENTENCES!! From the courtroom to a little mobile electric chair that the Sheriff can pull around behind his truck, like a deadly Port-A-Potty.

Thank you, but I'm a SISTER!!! ;D my husband just weighed in and said Why wait that long....said the person's chair in court should be wired and as soon as the judge gets the verdict...he should have a peddle to step on and ZAPPPPPP Maybe the Lawyer who defended the creep and knew if his client was guilty during the trial should get a little jolt his self.... :icon_scratch:
I think I realized the sister part after I wrote this one up, but I left it just for fun!! :icon_jokercolor:

And did you hear that Texas is one of the states considering dropping the death penalty? It's bad enough that New Mexico just dropped ours, but for it to happen in Texas too? That's just wrong. When I lived in Lubbock, it was a point of pride for me that my state had one of the highest execution rates in the country.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Blacksheep said:
Not to upset the dog lovers amongst us, the law I would pass would address the lazy, inconsiderate
buffoons who do not pick-up after their pets do their doody on my front lawn.

The sentence would be simple...one week shoveling $hit on a pig farm. :angry4:

(Apologies for the short rant, my three year old found one of these piles today while playing
outside)
This wouldn't upset the true dog lovers. We clean up after our pooches. :thumbsup:

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
texastee2007 said:
af1733 said:
texastee2007 said:
af1733 said:
texastee2007 said:

Use tax dollars saved for police, fire departments and victims of crimes. It costs $100.00+ per day to keep someone in jail. I have tried to research how many people are in jail as life without parole and life in jail....I can not find a number.

Thank you, but I'm a SISTER!!! ;D my husband just weighed in and said Why wait that long....said the person's chair in court should be wired and as soon as the judge gets the verdict...he should have a peddle to step on and ZAPPPPPP Maybe the Lawyer who defended the creep and knew if his client was guilty during the trial should get a little jolt his self.... :icon_scratch:
I think I realized the sister part after I wrote this one up, but I left it just for fun!! :icon_jokercolor:

And did you hear that Texas is one of the states considering dropping the death penalty? It's bad enough that New Mexico just dropped ours, but for it to happen in Texas too? That's just wrong. When I lived in Lubbock, it was a point of pride for me that my state had one of the highest execution rates in the country.

Try living in California where the criminal has more rights then the victim!
No doubt! And California is wondering why it's run completely out of money..... If you spend billions of dollars each year making sure no one is offended by anything, and policing every insignificant action of every person, you tend to run out of money for the important stuff.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Term limits on reps and senators, no lifetime pay for them after one term and they have to depend on soc sec. No special priviedges.

Beep

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
No one would be allowed to say or even think "There ought to be a law!" about anything until we clean up the books by learning to enforce or discard the any of the several million laws already present in this country.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get rid of the electoral college...majority rules...period!

Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread