Whos The Most Famous Person Youve Ever Met?

dobie

Feb 12, 2006
corry, pa
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, bounty hunter scout
Re: Who's The Most Famous Person You've Ever Met?

got my pic taken with arnold, way before he was gov., also with ted nugent, hell of a nice guy,,lou ferrigno, mathiaus huges(think thats how you spell it),hes the karate guy that played the alien in the old "i come in peace" movie, chuck norris, don the dragon and a ton of other pro bodybuilders, to many to name

Pimp Lenin

Apr 4, 2006
The Great State of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
P.O.S.

I would have to say George Bush, Sr. I didn't get to have a conversation with him or anything; it was basically him walking down the line, shaking each hand and "Hello, Mr. President" with a usual response of "hello, good to see you here" kind of thing.

I've met for one reason or another five different Governors of Louisiana (Jimmie Davis, Edwin "Slick Eddie" Edwards, Buddy Roemer, Dave Treen, and Mike Foster). I met Bob Carr, who was Premier of New South Wales, Australia, as well as other assorted politicians both here in the United States and Australia. Some meetings were chance encounters while others were work-related.

I've also met a large number of baseball players over the years, though not in at least the last 14 years or so.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Are we, here all now,
qualified to be within the 'only six-times removed'
proposition by some,
from everyone,
everyone here has met ?

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Frank Zappa...and yes...he DID do drugs. They arrested him in Pittsburgh after a concert for vagrancy because he didn't have any ID or money.
Had a few beers with him...pretty cool guy. Was anyhow.

Al

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio

while serving in the usmc in yuma, az ... rambo III (1988) was being filmed right out in the desert, and 250 marines we're picked to play extras (russian soilders). i got picked, and can say that i actually met sylvestor stallone... i have pictures i took of the sets, and still have my check stub!

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ohioaxeman said:
while serving in the usmc in yuma, az ... rambo III (1988) was being filmed right out in the desert, and 250 marines we're picked to play extras (russian soilders). i got picked, and can say that i actually met sylvestor stallone... i have pictures i took of the sets, and still have my check stub!
Well..... Where's the pixs ???

PLL

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio

pegleglooker said:
ohioaxeman said:
Well..... Where's the pixs ???

PLL
ok...thats was 21 years ago or so..but i have the pics... and the stub...just what box is it in?

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008

Bob Hope, Herschel Walker, Armand Assante are a fewof the better ones... infamous, all the Freebirds of wrestling fame, used to party with them and all the bad boys and girls of the 1980's wrestling in Texas... met the Von Erich's, but they were really high on themselves at the time...

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No, no, people meet me! :thumbsup:

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III

My Aunt Jesse went to college with President Nixon. As a young man I was able to have dinner with him in the White House. He was a very interesting man. Nothing like he is made out to be. I have a lot of respect for the man
(RIP). I have also met Mohamed Ali, who is an incredible guy as well. Willie Nelson who is a weirdo.

With respect
Rich

K

Kentucky Kache

Rich in Texas said:
My Aunt Jesse went to college with President Nixon. As a young man I was able to have dinner with him in the White House. He was a very interesting man. Nothing like he is made out to be. I have a lot of respect for the man
(RIP).

:thumbsup:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

Mickey Mantle, Al Kaline, Red Wilson....... All 3 lived on my block in 1957 to 1959 when I was growing up........NGE

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

William Frawley and Vivian Vance (Fred and Ethel Mertz) spent a couple days two doors down from us in a motel in Dillon ,CO in the summer of 1955 .
Ben Johnson took time to visit with some of us truckers at the port of entry in Cortez , CO on one of the last visits he made before he died to visit his friend Harry Carey,Jr in Durango.
A weekend business/pleasure trip from WV to Ft.Worth , TX in the summer of 1986 was dampened when we found out that David Allen Coe's Sat. night show at Billybob's was sold out in advance . Business done before noon on Sat. ,we started touring Cow Town . Under the brush arbor in the White Elephant beer garden we met a pleasant fellow that had a few with us and invited us to watch him sing that night at his expense . LEMME TELLYA ! When David Allen Coe invites you to a front row seat he spares no expense to ensure that you have a good time . Drinks , meal , and one helluva performance . Miz Caroline was a bit put out with him for giving out front row seats to his handpicked cheering section .
Willie Nelson shared two beer's worth of bar space with me one Wednesday evening at Carl's Corners a year and a half before he won the place from Carl and invited me to go upstairs to play Poker with him and Carl : $250 table stakes 'friendly' game .
Trucking wasn't good enough at the time to risk the money so I just enjoyed meeting Willie .

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx

The first two that come to mind are willie nelson and he was so messed up it wasn't funny. I also sang with john Denver and brother strum ed his guitar to take me home. I have others also

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Felinepeachy said:
Met quite a few famous people over the years but the most memorable (embarrassing) experience was when I bent over to pick something up while walking into an elevator, as I stood up my face smashed into Joe Montana's groin :tard:.............. I took the next elevator.
ROFL ROFL !!!!!!!!

PLL

T

trish76642

Anna Nicole Smith...(before she became famous)
She was married to my brothers best friend Billy Smith.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

~Trish~ said:
Anna Nicole Smith...(before she became famous)
She was married to my brothers best friend Billy Smith.

hey trishers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread