April Fools Pranks

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
The first recorded April Fools' Day prank was pulled in 1627 by a madcap Irishman named Edmund O'Neely. The founding prankster's brother, Timothy, had been down on his luck, so O'Neely decided to cheer him up with some old-fashioned springtime shenanigans.

He coaxed Timothy to go on a carriage ride in the countryside and asked his brother if he wouldn't mind driving since Edmund's carpal tunnel-addled wrist was acting up. Timmy grabbed the reins, urged the horses to giddy up and was promptly catapulted off his seat because wily Edmund had unhitched the horses from the buggy.

Delighted, Edmund shouted out, "Cheerio, April fool!" Once Timothy recovered from his stunning fall, both men belly-laughed until their sides ached and told the tale thereafter at all family gatherings.

April fools ! ;D

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a lady here in my home town that called the fire dept and said her house was burning down and her three kids were trapped in side. When the fire dept arrived they couldn't figure it out everything looked normal. She opened the front door and yelled APRIL FOOLS. The fire men were very, very upset. Charges were filed against the lady and she went to jail. She was also very embarrassed. I guess she didn't think it would have been that big of a deal. Pretty darn stupid in my books.

S

stefen

Placed seran wrap over the toilet in the mens room...

Plish-plash

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
taped down all the buttons on the phones in an office and then called people.
They picked up the[phone and it was dead and kept ringing. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
taped down all the buttons on the phones in an office and then called people.
They picked up the[phone and it was dead and kept ringing. siegfried schlagrule
That's a good one. I'll have to try that.
I once put a rubber band on the kitchen faucet sprayer and faced it forward. When my wife(at the time) turned on the faucet, she got drenched. Is it any wonder I'm not married anymore? I'm the real practical joker.
Scott

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
When I was younger,(about 45 years ago) we called my neighbor and ask him if his refrigerator was running. He checked and said yes. I said you better go catch it before it gets in the road.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread