jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I Havn't Turned News on for a week Now Maybe Longer.

?

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
In Pittsburgh today the police were called to a domestic dispute. The first officer on scene was actually on his way home from working the graveyard shift, he was first one shot and killed. He was on the force for over 10 years, married with kids. The second cop on scene that was killed was a 2 year veteran on the police force, single. The third cop on scene that was killed was on the police force for over 10 years and was married with kids. There were 2 other police officers injured. The gunman was shot at and is in the hopsital. I think, but not 100%, that he was shot in the leg.

This hits close to me being that a close friend is a Westmoreland County Sheriff and my daughter also volunteers with the Sheriff Dept. Also, 3 friends of mine are PA State Constables.

Please keep the City of Pittsburgh Police Dept. and the families of these 3 police officers and the 2 that were wounded in your prayers.

Thank you!

Sue

OP
OP
mrs.oroblanco

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are all, indeed, in my prayers.

My step-father-in-law lives about 17 miles from Binghamton, in Susquehanna County, Pa., and one of my best friends lives 3 blocks from the shooting (called her today). (in Binghamton)

But, I also know we have some Pittsburgh area folks here.

B

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
Thank you Mrs. Oro,
I live near Corning, N.Y. It was a really bad situation in Binghamton. Those people were trying to get there citizenship the right way. I really think the economy has a lot to do with these things. Some people just feel so lost and they can't handle it and go over the deep end. I have allready read this morning where we need more gun control, which I expected. I don't think that is the answer! We pay our politicians darn good money to take care of our economy and they just don't do it. I think if we all had a decent job and were able to live comparably, there would be a lot less stress and crime.

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
The shootings in Pittsburgh happened in a neighborhood called Stanton Heights. It's a few miles from the Pittsburgh Zoo. I grew up walking distance from this neighborhood and spent a lot of time on those streets when I was young. I was on my way to my parent's house the morning of these shootings so I drove by and there were police cars parked as far as 2 city blocks away, S.W.A.T teams, canines, paramedics, a helicopter...you name it!
An officer told me later the next day, unconfirmed, that the first 2 cops were responding to a domestic at about 7:00 am and they were shot as soon as they entered the house. The third officer, who was coming home from the night shift, stopped to assist and was attempting to pull one or both of the shot officers out of the house when he was shot and killed also. No one could get to the shot officers to help them til about 10:00 when the shooter surrendered....carrying 3 guns and wearing his body armor.
The news reported 50 to 60 bullets being shot in 3 seperate 10 to 15 minute intervals. The shooter said he was mad at the police because a few years ago an officer stopped him and took his marijuana!

OP
OP
mrs.oroblanco

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There seems to be a rash of nut cases in the last 2 months.

Now there is the guy that killed his 5 kids and then himself.

I wish he had started with himself.

B

PS: No body armor on the guys head.....................

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, I think this is just the tip of the iceberg.....most likely more to come in the days ahead. When summer comes and it gets hot, people will go ballistic. Too bad they don't have metal detectors and just go out and do some coin-shooting.
Scott

OP
OP
mrs.oroblanco

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't give anybody any ideas. We don't want them to start calling metal detectors "weapons".

B

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
Daddytopcat said:
Unfortunately, I think this is just the tip of the iceberg.....most likely more to come in the days ahead.

I have to say I agree with you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread