Was thinking it was the High winds up here

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, mine was down all day, I called and got the msg about email problems and hit #1 for them to call when service was restored, got that call at 6:30pm or so and about ten minutes later it was working fine, but did not receive any emails since yesterday, so not sure if none were sent or they went to never never land. :tongue3:

Don

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Mines Back up now also

Still No Emails since I Got up at 4 this Morning.

Same thing is Wondering me

3searchin

Jun 20, 2006
3 in Central PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, Whites TDI beachhunter
jeff of pa said:
Yes Mines Back up now also

Still No Emails since I Got up at 4 this Morning.

Same thing is Wondering me
Mine was down too all day. Some of my emails are starting to filter in from earlier today. I sent some from work this A.M. and am just now starting to see them trickle in. Only about 13 hours or so late and I still don't have them all yet. I know a number of people that were without email today

3S

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just got this

Dear Comcast Customer,

We owe you a big apology. On Saturday, April 4, 2009 we experienced a significant disruption of our email service. While you may or may not have been affected, we want to explain what happened.

The problem was caused by a power disruption at one of our datacenters that affected some of our email servers. Fortunately, this disruption did not affect your ability to access the Internet and no customer emails were lost. However, for some customers there was a significant delay in sending and receiving some email, which has since been resolved. If you're interested in reading more about the technical issues we faced and the proactive steps we've taken to help ensure this doesn't happen again, please read the post we have on our corporate blog at http://www.comcastvoices.com/2009/04/smart-zone-followup.html.

We understand the critical nature of email in most people's lives and deeply regret the disruption that you may have experienced. This is not the level of email service we strive to provide, and we are working harder than ever to improve it going forward.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Mitch Bowling
General Manager and Senior Vice President, Online Services

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread