Who Was Your Favorite Teacher And Why?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I'm going back to college to get a degree in teaching, I thought it would be great to say who your favorite teacher was and why. For me, it was my High School Biology teacher, Mr. Judd. He was a bit absent minded but very good at his presentation of material. I had him in my Sophomore year and was able to be his student assistant in my Junior and Senior year.
Scott

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Had to be that young math teacher who picked me up on my home on a Friday night once and didn't drop me off until Sunday night, she was hot and she loved to party.

B

BIG61AL

MS.Carimi. 11 th grade English. She put me directly in front of desk and when she took attendance she would bend over and I could look down her blouse at her - ahem - attributes!

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
BIG61AL said:
MS.Carimi. 11 th grade English. She put me directly in front of desk and when she took attendance she would bend over and I could look down her blouse at her - ahem - attributes!

:D :D :D :D

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
That would have to be my high school baseball coach. I respected him for his honesty when he signed my yearbook with. " I have to say, Larry you Excel in Mediocracy!"

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
My Drivers Ed teacher, Marvin Wood. Gene Hackman played him in the movie Hoosiers.

Gene Hackman did an ok portrayal of Marvin...*almost* captured his true essence.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowbatts and Big61,
Y'all are BAD. I hope you got paddled in school! LOL. I was meaning what teacher helped you to become a BETTER person!
Scott

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I sure felt better after that weekend.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C'mon Monty, I'm waiting to hear from you!!!
Scott

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Ed Lozier, Dover NH high school auto shop teacher (now deceased); he taught me a valuable skill and instilled within me that I can learn anything that I set my mind to.

S

stefen

There are some things that are best not told outside of the classroom :wink:

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had three HS faves -

Mr. Goodwin (English) - I became his teacher's pet. It was my job to pick up the AV before class which meant I could be late and blame it on the librarian. ;D The last semester he concentrated on creative writing and I was shocked when he read my essay in front of the class as the best. :o

Mr. Labrie (Algebra) - A degenerate collector. He'd stop class and oooh and ahhh over the latest McDonald's toy his former students would bring in.

Mr Scott (Health) - A born stand-up comic. Even at 8:30AM you couldn't help but laugh when the guy clamps a speculum onto his own nose!

Likely Guy

Mr. Sims - Grade 8 History (when you have to learn the boring medieval stuff)

He was about 5' 3", long hair, glasses and a beard. He always packed a satchel full of books and paper, as big as he was, down the halls. He brought history to life and made us understand what it might have been like to have been a pikeman when the knight on the giant horse beared down on you. He reminded me of Richard Mulligan's character in "Teachers".

Come to think of it, Mr. Sims might have been a mental patient as well!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions