contructive critisizm welcomed. -My new website

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
'contructive' critisizm welcomed. -My new website

So, I've been learning a lot about something I care not too... Website design. Since being laid off, I thought it might try and continue what I've been doing, but on my own. This is probably the more mature forums that I go to, so here's my site... ' http://www.pcb-experts.com'.

p.s. when I say, more mature... the other sites, of lesser people, would say something like "You suck all over". -that's probably why I only go there if absolutely necessary. (it's a corvette site). I know I can get real responses here.

-M

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Re: 'contructive' critisizm welcomed. -My new website

Give us your idea and we'll start capturing it in schematics, layout the PCB, gernerate the bill of materials and manufacture it. In the end, you'll receive your product, tested and packaged.

Only typo in my quick read. Sounds like you guys are a quick fix for the new gizmo market. Wish I had something ready to send your way! You have both SMT and through hole placement equipment? Do you have RF test capability?

Congrats and go get 'em!

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

texastee2007 said:
Holy smokes that is expert stuff...Wow I love it...nice colors, easy to navigate...however did you do it...my son in law as been trying to get me to do one for my art...if I thought I could make one half as nice as yours I would in a heartbeat. thank you for sharing.

We'll thank you. As we all know, we are our own worst critic... and I just... we'll... I feel it needs more citisizm... But if yours is all I get, then thank you very much. :)

Thanks for you comment.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

Lowbatts said:
Give us your idea and we'll start capturing it in schematics, layout the PCB, gernerate the bill of materials and manufacture it. In the end, you'll receive your product, tested and packaged.

Only typo in my quick read. Sounds like you guys are a quick fix for the new gizmo market. Wish I had something ready to send your way! You have both SMT and through hole placement equipment? Do you have RF test capability?

Congrats and go get 'em!

You sir, are a credit! If I ever make it big, I'll be sure to send your whole family to a vacation spot of your choice. (it's the small things you miss). Thank you very much.

Yes! Through hole (TH), and SMT equipment, yes, and the expertise to place it!!! :) You made me remember of a time where I used to work for a boss that wanted everything 'through hole'. He told me that he couldn't see that well, and it was easy for him to see axials (TH). I quickly told him, "Hey, Surface mount if far cheaper, and much less real-estate than TH. So if you want to compete, you have to get over the old ways". He was later thankful, because what he didn't realize, is that as a boss, he never touched the stuff anyways, and we quickly made our PCBs much more smaller, and a lot cheaper. (VPs dont touch the product. They need to let it be taken care of by the engineers).

RF is something that I have always wanted to adhere to, but cant' because I have to have a "wide technology base". But, RF is actually a hobby of mine (I let my HAM license expire, but thats another story). Streaming data from the 'birds' has always been a hobby of mine. A lot of design houses can do your basic stuff, but, if I did ever get the " We need a circular polarized feed horn, and then an LNA, then down convert it to a usable IF for demodulation".... That's something that I would spend every waking hour on, because it would be a labor of love. One of my old hobbies was to receive NOAA at 1.697GHz (or something around there. Its' been a while). Incidentally, a lot of news stations that are in every home town receive this data feed and say "This is our radar". Not. It's NOAAs. They simply repackage it with the news station emblem on the lower right hand corner of the screen.

I very much love the fact that a simple 15 watt Xmitter can reach all the way to _____,. A.M. skips all around the world, and I love it. Just be absolutely sure that your LO (local oscillator) is stable - I prefer the 5 ppm therm controled x's myself). But here is another caviot to that.... A moon bounce. The Doppler effect from bouncing RF off the moon takes an always adjusting RX hand, if you wish to talk to you buddy in (well, lets face it, the only time we Hams ever M-bounced was to the next state over, or even the next street over, so there isn't that much Doppler in that).

...Sorry, I got carried away. But yes, I'm capable of 18GHz RF feeds. Anything higher, and I'd probably wonder why you're even speaking to me, because if you're at that rate.... you already know what you doing, and chances are, you're already 'dipping' your own boards.

Thanks very much for spending the time to look at the site.
-Mike

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !

What's to criticize ? Site looks great. :thumbsup:

I should know, my wife says I could make a living criticizing ! :wink:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

MD Dog said:
What's to criticize ? Site looks great. :thumbsup:

I should know, my wife says I could make a living criticizing ! :wink:
Your by-line says "Redistributed your wealth to me..."

S/B "Redistribute your wealth to me....."

Ha!

Hey Mike, spent too much time in the shake and bake and thermal labs reading parametric data from all them there cell phones that were "never gonna catch on and would only be a passing interest in our company" per one of our old vp's at that former semi-conductor company now called Freescale, or are they called that anymore? Such insight apparently still lives on there.

I'd be more interested in a mini FRS rig. Not looking to go satellite or beyond. Looking over those FCC regs, you also need FCC certs to build them, you guys got docs people for all that FCC, CE, RoHS and SE stuff? I handled the level 1 docs of sec. 7 docs (calibration) for our MQRS prior to our ISO certs, it was a glorious cluster. Also had to do BOM reviews/revs. on new products. Can only imagine it's gotten more clustered since then.

Nice thing is you guys get to do it from the ground up, instead of using ground up formats from days gone by.

Have fun!

Likely Guy

Only one tiny crticism, the buttons on the left (Home, Design Services, etc.) don't highlight that well. Not as well as they do on the right (Full Service/Turn Key Design, etc.) Someone with color blindness might not notice the highlight at all.

Another thing that I like to see on the first page of a website is a location or address. It's nice to know where the company you're about to deal is located (US, Canada, UK, Australia, etc.).

Looks great though. :thumbsup:

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

That is one great site. I found it easy to read and navigate. Easy to contact someone if I want to talk to a real person. By the way, What is a PCB???..Just curious.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !

I smoked a joint once soaked in them PCBs .

Attachments

• alfalfa.gif
    alfalfa.gif
    44.1 KB · Views: 91
  • alfalfa.gif
    alfalfa.gif
    44.1 KB · Views: 93

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RON (PA) said:
That is one great site. I found it easy to read and navigate. Easy to contact someone if I want to talk to a real person. By the way, What is a PCB???..Just curious.

That was my question as well. along with what is PWA? and PCBA? (could have been included in the text at least once)
Also I am always very skeptical of a company that does not list their street address. (somewhere in Texas ?)
The print was also just a little bit too small for me as well. (the page seemed small) maybe my browsers fault.
Other than what has been mentioned above, I thought it looked very professional. :thumbsup:

Goodyguy~

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

Goodyguy said:
RON (PA) said:

That was my question as well. along with what is PWA? and PCBA? (could have been included in the text at least once)
Also I am always very skeptical of a company that does not list their street address. (somewhere in Texas ?)
The print was also just a little bit too small for me as well. (the page seemed small) maybe my browsers fault.
Other than what has been mentioned above, I thought it looked very professional. :thumbsup:

Goodyguy~

Nice site, but I agree with Goodyguy, in adding the definition of acronyms at least once for those who are unfamiliar or unsure of what they stand for. ( this is a pet peeve of mine that I frequently address at work also).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread