Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I think I have to sell my 57 Nomad. My work truck bit the dust and I really can't afford a truck payment at this particular time in my life. I would be basically trading it for a new truck. Put a lot of hours, sweat and blood into this ride. All my freinds say not to but i don't see another way to swing a truck without having a monthly payment, Really sucks but I'll get something else someday, right?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?? UGH!
I posted this in the car section as well, I guess I'm looking for people to talk me out of it ::)

Brian

Attachments

• Test 4.jpg
    Test 4.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 470
  • Test 5.jpg
    Test 5.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 500
  • Test 1.jpg
    Test 1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 482
  • Test 4.jpg
    Test 4.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 484
  • Test 5.jpg
    Test 5.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 469
  • Nomad 008 [50%].jpg
    Nomad 008 [50%].jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 465
T

trish76642

well imma bout to cry with you. Theres no other way around it? I mean anything else to keep you from selling it? I'd have nightmares about my car (if it were mine) crying because i didnt have it anymore.

Wouldnt it be cheaper to fix your truck rather than worrying about a truck payment? I mean...i dont know your cituation, im just asking.

I sure hope you dont have to sell it.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
If you have to sell it you have to sell it. That sucks! I guess if there are no other options for you, you can always get another project car. Good luck man, I hope something happens so you can keep it and get a new truck. It looks like you have put a lot of time and love into that car.

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
What exactly bit the dust on your truck ? A used engine isn't a whole heck of a lot of money from a salvage yard and is really just a long weekends' work to swap if you've got a friend that'll work with you...... I've brought several vehicles back to life that way (especially when the body is too good to scrap out)

Diggem'

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you were able to make that sweet ride a show piece, you obviously have the skills to repair your work truck! Don't sell! Older cars are getting very hard to find.
Scott

OP
OP
baspinall

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not sold yet ............... The tranny went in my dear old Ram. Second time >:( I can replace it myself, it's just that the whole truck is starting to nickle and dime me and I'm not sure if I want to dump more cash into it. On top of all that, work has been super slow almost non existant lately. I own my own low voltage installation company and the last six moths have been seriously brutal. Can't tell I'm venting can you....

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Can't go with a used truck, save some bucks?

T

trish76642

Hang in there Brian...we all have seen hard times, the troubles seem like they will last for ever but they really dont, trust me on that.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im so sorry.. that car is really fun looking!

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
i'm sorry too!

must have been a tough decision :-\

OP
OP
baspinall

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
baspinall

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
wish I was rich.....I would buy your car in a heart beat.....then turn around and hand you back your keys,

Your to kind! :icon_thumright:

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a truck once from a gal that got in a divorce settlement from her x husband , she said her x was mad. Sweet truck ,and a great deal at the time for me. I sold it a few years later. The x husbands best friend spotted it in the paper,called me up and described to me in detail what was in it . With in a few hours guess who had the truck?
When you sell it , keep tabs on it , hopefully you can get the car back at some point in time.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about trading your truck, or putting IT up on EBay? Then buying another at auction.

Jeeze selling that Nomad to me would be like cutting off an arm :'( Heck, I'd be more inclined to trade the kids........ Now wait ........ I think I got an idea going here ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread