Swine Flu?

T

trish76642

K*E*L*L*Y said:
pippinwhitepaws said:
they are called farmers kelly.
just like the people who catch avian flu, they work with animals to provide food for others.

i wonder if peta knows about this whole "farm" thing!?
I wanna laugh so bad, and i know its not funny, but you are kill'n me kell! :D

T

trish76642

yep your right T, they use the pig valves for heart patient surgerys. See...coulda came from anywhere!

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
pippinwhitepaws said:
interesting theories on how one catches the flu...i suspect some of you have experiences i have not...

i will stay with the rational thought on how one catchs the flu...strange i never hear a doctors say you get the flu from sex.

you do get the flu from breathing in the virus from the infected...from touching an infected one...

:icon_scratch:
interesting theories on sex , holding your breath and not touchng. ???

P

pippinwhitepaws

if this flu follows the path of the spanish influenze in 1918...disinformation is not what we need.

the spanish flu hit the us early in 1918, summer went by and people forgot....just a local flu in the barracks...
then winter came...50 million dead later people were a bit humbled, and forgot to "blame" anyone.

this is the warm up...people who would rather insult mexicans might wish to find the facts to how flu is transmitted...

winter is the tell on this disease...not where it came from, or who had sex with animals.

http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/

T

trish76642

You cant blame anyone for a natural disaster. Same with an epidemic. You dont know its coming until its too late. Its invisable, when it happens it happens. All you can do is try to get to the source after the fact! Then if their lucky enough to find the souce by then hundred of lives are gone! Theres disease in every corner of this world.

To me, hunting one down would be harder than finding a needle in a hay stack. JMO

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
MD Dog said:
I think the probabilities of this Virus having a natural origin is astronomical. It is a variant that contains Swine, Avian and human Virus. This has all the hall marks of a terrorist conceived plot. Since Al-queda has broken into separate cells all ordered to attack the U.S. using any means at their disposal an attack of this kind was inevitable. They went after BHO in Mexico, since we know that one of the guys he shook hands with died the next day. I think we'll see this thing spread even more since they have been trained to attack at multiple times in multiple places using multiple attackers.

While I will not dispute or argue the validity of your hypothesis I do think a few facts should be brought forward.

1. It is NOT impossible for a virus to gentically mutate taking bits and pieces of other viruses and incorporating those into itself. The mechanism to do this exists in every bacteria and virus. Cassettes, or genetic data, that make each virus unique have "docking ports" that will allow other organisms to latch on and share such information.

2. Infulenza in and of itself has been genetically changing over the last several years. 2007, approximately 65% of the people that developed infulenza had been vacinated against it. The CDC and the government said it was due to miss guessing the actual strain of virus that would be prevalent that flu season.

3. People around the world do not have the luxury that we Americans take for granted. Running water and sewage disposal doesnt exist in many places around the world. So it is not hard to believe that someone taking care of pigs got this virus from that pig. Also when a new infective agent is introduced into ANY poplulation there is a GREAT risk that that population will suffer terribly from it until a collective immune system response can be developed. This was evidenced by the number of Native Americans wiped out by diseases the Settlers brought with them.

4. I think your terroris theory has one MAJOR hole in. BHO said the United States was sorry and that there is NO war on terror and that we have been very bad people. SO the terrorists of the world have to leave us all alone until BHO leaves office. Right?

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
K*E*L*L*Y said:
Montana Fireball said:
Remember how back in the day they claimed Aids was started in Africa when locals had sex with monkeys. Have they figured out how this swine flu started yet?

I was asking the same question to a friend last night.. w/o the whole Aids thingy..
but I was also wondering... did someone REALLY mess around with a pig..
is that how this started? thats really gross!

Makes me wonder why we haven't has a sheep flu epidemic yet... ::)

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
I see the tongue and cheek aspect of your post ME in the last paragraph and the seriously good info in the rest. And I am well aware of a viruses capability to genetically mutate and absorb other virus types. But If you aren't aware this particular Virus has all three Human, Avian and Swine traits which because of the rarity of the swine as well as the avian variants makes this about a 1 in a trillion shot at having come from a natural source. But your right about BHOs efforts I'm sure if this is a Terrorist attack it was some small misinformed homegrown terrorist group that is out of touch with the rest of the worlds love of our illustrious leader. ::) :P

tmdavis3

Feb 24, 2009
I awoke this morning to news reports that a school about 20 miles from my home was closed today due to an outbreak of Swine Flu. The seniors picked it up on Spring Break in Cancun, two weeks ago. Now, I wonder how many secondary infections there will be locally from exposure to these individuals before anyone realized the severity of the situation. ??? We shop and work and live our lives, and we hope and pray and take what precautions we can.... But this is SCARY. My neice attends the school that was closed! And she spent all weekend here. How many have been exposed in the past two weeks?? Was she? Was I? My kids?

All I know is this. If I or any of my family begins to feel the least bit 'flu-ish', I'm goiing straight to the doctor, without hesitation.

:coffee2: Just my two cents worth....

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

We were WARNED!

P

pippinwhitepaws

wow.

same pattern used against clinton and bush is now predicted for obama...lions and tigers and bears.

blame obama...but wash your hands, wear a mask...keep your infected selves at home.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
pippinwhitepaws said:
wow.

same pattern used against clinton and bush is now predected for obama...lions and tigers and bears.

blame obama...but wash your hands, wear a mask...keep your infected selves at home.

This was the Vice President of the United States words. I didn't make them up. I didn't speak them. He did. Where is he by the way? Don't see too much of him anymore.....

P

pippinwhitepaws

yea...i guess it is disapointing that this vice president knows he is the vice president and minds his own business rather than attempting to run the government.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Urban Prospector said:
pippinwhitepaws said:
interesting theories on how one catches the flu...i suspect some of you have experiences i have not...

i will stay with the rational thought on how one catchs the flu...strange i never hear a doctors say you get the flu from sex.

you do get the flu from breathing in the virus from the infected...from touching an infected one...

:icon_scratch:
interesting theories on sex , holding your breath and not touchng. ???
tried that once and passed out hitting my head on the dresser :o

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Wait a minute, aa has had sex ? :o

Attachments

• shocked1.gif
    shocked1.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 376

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
pippinwhitepaws said:
yea...i guess it is disapointing that this vice president knows he is the vice president and minds his own business rather than attempting to run the government.
Gore has been gone for years , get over it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread