Darn it... I should of had my video camera ready!!! (Junk mail kicker)

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I'm sitting in my office on the second floor (home office thanks to the economy), and I have a great view all up my front street and side street (I have a corner lot). I'm watching this 'teen' open the mail box (we have those big 'community mail boxes' with about 40 boxes in one). As he's sifting through his mail, he takes what appears to be the junk mail and drops it at his feet, while taking the important stuff and putting it in his left hand. As this pile of garbage gathers on the sidewalk at his feet, I'm thinking, surely he'll do something with that garbage before he leaves.... but then he closes his mail box, and with one swoop, takes his foot and kicks the junk mail all over the sidewalk as if to make it disappear by distribution. It's now all over the side walk. He leaves and heads up my street and I'm now hanging my head out the window and I say, "Hey, you go pick all that garbage up that you just kicked all over the sidewalk".
He replies, "I'm need to catch a bus".
"I'm gonna catch you if you don't". (my only thought at the time). "Here I come".

I see him then break into the fastest sprint I've ever seen anyone run. I went over to the mail box and picked up all the junk mail and now have it in my possession, because apparently, his mother isn't at home that much... I've knocked a few times already.

It just pisses me off that someone doesn't know any better, or that a parent can't teach their kids right from wrong.

I've since calmed down and figured I'll just toss the junk, because I have a feeling that he learned his lesson. He was probably 16 years old.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
go back and drop it outside his door along with some of your own rubbish!

see how quick his mum comes to see you >:(

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Yep add it to a brown paper bag then get some dog poo, then Light it on fire and knock on the door and run. When they come out and see the burning bag they'll stomp on i and get poo all over their feet, that'll teach them. ;D :D :wink:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think a nice shot in the ass with a BB gun would have done the trick .

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Littering is a $500.00 fine most places and his name and address is on the mail. If you catch him again it just takes a call and a report. That should be the end of it.

I am totally against littering. Once after seeing a passing car throw out a sack full of fast food garbage in my front yard, I jumped in my car with the bag and followed them home to a bad neighborhood and when they pulled in their driveway I threw it in their yard and said "Here you dropped something" and then dared them to say something about it. If I had it to do over I would have just gotten their license number and called the police. As there were 3 of them and I was in their yard daring them to try something.

The Dad came out and I told him what happened and he said "Get the hell off my property".
Lucky for them I got out of there as fast as I could. ;D

GG~

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Yesterday my fourteen year old son dropped a soda can behind the garage, fifty one times. The first time he dropped it, he thought no one was watching, the other fifty was to remind him Dad has eyes in the back of his head. :wink:

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
The 'mail' junk or not, is now litter. The litte has a name and address on it. You are an eye witness to the act of littering. I would call the police and explain the circumstances to them and suggest they cite the kid for littering.

The punk needs to be taught a lesson about the law and respecting his elders. That should be a good lesson for him.

Ray S

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just take his name and address from the junk mail and walk into a store that has lots of magazines. Fill out 40 or 50 business reply subscriptions in his name and drop them in the mail for free. :wink:

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Ray S ECenFL said:
The 'mail' junk or not, is now litter. The litte has a name and address on it. You are an eye witness to the act of littering. I would call the police and explain the circumstances to them and suggest they cite the kid for littering.

The punk needs to be taught a lesson about the law and respecting his elders. That should be a good lesson for him.

Ray S

A long time ago, I put together a list of 'dealings' I've had with the Austin Police Department (I hate capitalizing those last two words). I'll try to remember a couple of them...

1). A guy has his dog fall in between some rocks below a small damn inside the city, and the damn always releases at a certain time each day (surely killing the dog). The police say "We have better things to worry about than your dog".

2). I go outside and find my car sitting on cider blocks with all 4 wheels missing. I call the cops. A month later, someone tells me they picked up some guy in my neighborhood with wheels and radios in his car, obviously stolen.
I called the police to say "This might be the same guy"...
To which they replied, "Do you have reciept for the wheels"?
"No".
"Well, we can't do anything".
"We'll understand that I'm not very happy with the PD right now".
To which they reply "It goes both ways". (her official name was "investigator Cobb". I'll remember that name till I die).

3). Guy with blood pouring out his head is walking through my neighborhood and I call 911.
"Theres a guy with blood pouring out his head, etc.etc..... "
"Do you know him"?
"No, but he needs help".
"Well, if he needs help, He'll call us".

I probably have a half dozen more stories.

There's a point in ones life, where someone becomes very sinical and angry about everything around them. I think it's not because of old age, but because of wisdom.

I think I'll probably tear up all the junk mail into small peices, and throw it in there yard. Can you imagine what the parents will think? "Wow, how did this happen".

No, I'm not that mean. I wouldn't do that. i do still have their mail though. I keep thinking I should go deliver it with a story of what I saw.... but with today parents, and they way they are... I'd probably be told to get the hell of their property.

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
If he tossed-away the junk mail and you retrieved it, it is now your property. You now know their mailing address as well as their physical address. Under no circumstances should you fill-out all the junk mail cards and send them in. Also, they would not appreciate being visited by any number of religious organizations at say, dinner-time. The last delivery time for most pizza joints is around 11pm, and they never order 50 pizzas. :clock: :happy1: :icon_santa: :walk: :tard: :smileinbox:

B

BIG61AL

Sometimes it is easier to not get involved....maybe the kid has an alcoholic dad with a voilent templer and would love nothing better that to kick your @$$......

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BIG61AL said:
Sometimes it is easier to not get involved....maybe the kid has an alcoholic dad with a voilent templer and would love nothing better that to kick your @$$......

Or maybe he has a crack-ho Mom who wants to do something else with your a$$!

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
Banks, phone companies, public utilities, and so on put a lot of junk product flyers in their billing envulopes. I stuff these flyer adds in junk mail from companies that send self addressed evulopes so I can stop them from sending me more crap.

It's my way of recycling and I don't trash the neighborhood.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread