Ever found a three headed dandy lion?

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
dandy lion???? A dandelion ,, right in between dance ,and dander. a common yellow flowered composite herb... WOW put that in your pipe and smoke it... three heads. just imagene a three headed woman,, she could set around and argue with herself.

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
Don't want to marry them, lol.

eldorado said:
dandy lion???? A dandelion ,, right in between dance ,and dander. a common yellow flowered composite herb... WOW put that in your pipe and smoke it... three heads. just imagene a three headed woman,, she could set around and argue with herself.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, but I remember as a kid living in Maryland, i found a patch of 6,7. even 8 leaf clovers. Now that I'm older, I realize that it was probably a toxic waste dump, but at the time I thought it was really cool.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KevinTheMule said:
No. Probably because I detect in the dark with my discrimination set at "chrysanthemum".

LMAO!! :D

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
In Texas, right now, any place that hasn't been mowed in the last five minutes is full of them...Have a nice green lawn one day, the next it is yellow...

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I've heard where the "settlers" brought them from the east when moving west because they were desirable. For what, I'm not sure: beauty or eating?? Is that an ole wives' tale? -Noodle

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noodle said:
I've heard where the "settlers" brought them from the east when moving west because they were desirable. For what, I'm not sure: beauty or eating?? Is that an ole wives' tale? -Noodle
The green leafs are used in salads and have you ever heard of dandelion wine? Also, just this year, I found seven 5-leaf clovers in a period of 15 minutes in one patch. My guess is over fertilization.
Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And don't forget about Dandelion wine!!! Taken in large enough "doses" can cure insomnia. LOL
Scott

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Which park are you folks metal detecting at?

3mileislandpark.jpg

;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread