Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scraped an inch of dirt and mice droppings off of this box that was tied with old time twine. In the box was two dolls with a note. Uncle George played with these dolls as a child. Uncle George was born in 1883. They are flat head bisque dolls. Dress is very dirty but original and not fancy. I need help on these dolls big time. I hope we have some experts out there. doll1885.jpg No marks on either dolls the other is smaller. The one pictured is 8.5" tall.

doll-Germany.jpg This doll was given to me later in the day by a relation of the first dolls. 1900's I believe.

Second item next to the other box was a waterbury clock. It has a compartment to store jewelry. On the back is "patent Sept. 11th 1877 - Jan. 5 1878. Here are pictures. Any help is appreciated. I love this big attic. Clock1877.jpg clock-1-1877.jpg

Thanks for looking and Hope you can give me some ideas on researching or Information on any of these items.
Burdie

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! may be close. chinaface.jpg PICT0002-1.JPG

Here is a pic of the other doll. It looks like a caring Mother made this dress out of a gunny sack. This doll was played with in the Kansas prairie.

PICT0003-1.JPG

Burdie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread