40.1 KB · Views: 331

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
oh no mr bill !!! --- houston I think we are in trouble. (famous lasrt words anyone?)

hummm -- I think you would have heard "the train" by then -- if it was that close --those that have been thru or very very close would know the whoo whoo whoo sound that they make ---I sure remember the one I went thru as a kid (was about 12 at the time)-- we were going down the highway in texas in the middle of no where when all of a sudden there it was!!! --- a huge one --- mom pulled under a underpass and rolled down her car window a tiny bit and covered us with a blanket from the back seat --as it got close you could hear the "train sound " ---whoo whoo whoo ---I have also lived thru a very bad hurricane (as a 8 year old child)--- camille in 1969 as well --( we lived in new orleans at that time)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
to the person who was close enough to get the real photo --- very scarey indeed. :wink: of course the oil rig was "photo shopped" into it later on .

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
like I said the person who actually took the photo most likely had to hear it --those things are noisy as heck -- but to see that thing Lit up by that lightening in the darkness like that and then going dark again with no ideal of which way to run to get away from it --( clearly the photographer would not know which way its headed or where to run to get away from it --and that my freind would be scary as heck -- just standing there in the darkness in the middle of the night wondering is that monster coming this way ?) :o

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
yep nicky having lived thru one in texas as a kid --their scary as heck --- MO gets her fair share on em . ---I pity anyone in their path , massive power and destruction

OP
OP
MD Dog

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Yep , No offense here Nick. That's exactly what I mean I get the urge to tighten my sphincter muscles just thinking about it. How you people sleep at night in Tornado alley is beyond me. I'll take my eight foot snow drifts any day over something like that. Hurricanes are really nasty big storms, but These tornadoes look like a solid punch to the face.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As strange as it may seem I have lived right in the middle of "Tornado Alley" all my life, but I have never seen one of those twisters. I have seen the aftermath many times. I've spent many nights in a storm cellar as a kid when they didn't have all the weather radars they have now. It is so common in the spring around here that most of us pay little attention unless a funnel is actually spotted close by. On the other hand, I lived in Florida only one year and saw two hurricanes! Monty

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
hurricanes are even more fun at sea on a ship * oh yah baby --- it'll make you scream upwards to the sky --what did I ever do to make you this pissed at me? -- let me know so I'll never do it again!!!!! as your slung from side to side , battered and bruized

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD Dog said:
Yep , No offense here Nick. That's exactly what I mean I get the urge to tighten my sphincter muscles just thinking about it. How you people sleep at night in Tornado alley is beyond me. I'll take my eight foot snow drifts any day over something like that. Hurricanes are really nasty big storms, but These tornadoes look like a solid punch to the face.

really MD hurricanes produce lots of tornadoes on the "back side" after they make landfall. all the spin that gets the very
small "eye" is circulating so when it hits flat land there is always a chance of a tornado depending if you get the hurricane
from the front...or if you get back half of the winds. just so ya know.
::) :wink:

OP
OP
MD Dog

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
I went through three hurricanes one of which Gertrude, Andrew and another small one that they say was an unamed storm ? Sure seemed like a Hurricane to me winds were well over 75 miles an hour for a long period of time, But whatever. Still I think I could take a Hurricane easier than a Tornado. I am aware that some Tornadoes are spawned by Hurricanes but they rarely go over an F1 sometimes an F2. But these F345 monsters like in the pic. No way I wanna tangle with one of those. Gimme an Andrew anyday.

S

stefen

MD Dog said:
Who cares if the email is correct or not. It's still high on my Holy Crap meter ! :icon_scratch:

Think what Nicky is saying is to drop the word 'Holy' and just say 'Crap Meter'... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
MD Dog

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
MD Dog said:
Sorry Nick, didn't mean to offend you, I never knew you were that sensitive to religious terminology.

I am NOT offended at all ...

If you noticed I used the word "HOLY" above ...

That's all stefen ...

I figured you were just pointing out the Bogus nature of the email I posted. But I was more importantly pointing out the Horror of such an Image with or without everything else. It just scares the Moose stuff out of me to think of being in your neck of the woods and seeing some lightening illuminate a monster Tornado like that and that close. I mean it's there and then it's gone and you have no clue which way to run, or where to hide. :P

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wed. night we had 5 in Okla. one thankfully no real damage was 7 miles from us and they are saying more tonight! :-\

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
well, we were under a tornado warning about an hour ago, with one touching down about 15 miles from here, and they extended the watch until 10:00.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread