Does your state have a user tax...????????????????

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I was reading a post about various states that have a user tax. We do not have such thing in the state of Florida.

One poster said that in his state anything over $600 has a user tax. Another person posted that you car is taxed with a user tax every year.

I could not believe that one. It is bad enough that you have to pay property taxes to live in a home you have paid for on land that is paid for but you constantly run the risk of losing it all if you fail to pay your taxes, but to do this to cars and other possessions seems criminal to me. I must be missing something here such as the states that have this user tax on cars and other items must not have some other taxes that states that do not have a user tax may impose.

What I want to know is how many states have this user tax?

I want to know so I can avoid them should I ever decide to leave the state of Florida. LOL

Lets list the states that have it.

Ray S

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
MO ~ Yes ...

But a user tax is a tax put on a business that can pull it's own inventory for in house use ...

I.E. If you own a office products company & you yank a pencil of your warehouse shelf & use it ... You must report it for a use tax.

As for as "Personal Property" YES there is a tax in MO ...

Every year you are taxed on your vehicles, trailers, homes etc. Tax is payable at year end. If you do not pay the tax you will be unable to register your vehicle for plates when they expire ... or the state will place a lien on your home if the taxes are not paid.

It's 6 one way half dozen the other ... I have friends in Illinois ... No vehicle property tax ... BUT the taxes are MUCH higher on gasoline & other auto related expense...

~ Nick

I guess the tax man will get his pound of flesh somehow. I would rather pay my taxes on gasoline or some other consumable product rather than have my personal posessions taxed and possibly confiscated for lack of payment.

Ray S

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
If you use the Federal Reserve Note, You will be taxed! :tongue3:

Barter or Trade and your ok.

Gold, silver is good!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread