R U Proud ?

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
http://www.pride-buffalo.org/
After having witnessed the events surrounding what has been called the "Gay Pride Parade" In Buffalo NY. I had to ask the question, what if these were Heterosexuals proclaiming their pride in being heterosexual ? Would that make any sense to any one else around here ? Are any of you who are not Gay are proud of your "Chosen" sexuality, can you please explain to me why ? Why would someone be proud of their sexuality it isn't like you did anything to earn it. SO then what are you proud of, if it wasn't the fact that you chose to be whatever sexuality ?

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I'm proud of who I am as a person!

I am not for man/man - woman/woman relationships --- it goes against all I believe and what my bible says.

However, I have known and still have as friends, those who choose this lifestyle. I love them as my friend, but I don't agree with their lifestyle.

It would be interesting to see a NON-GAY PRIDE PARADE and see what the outcome would be!

As I feel about bible thumpers, don't push religion down my throat and try to convince me your religion is better than mine, GOD is GOD, we just believe differently. I feel the same about this PRIDE thing...don't shove it down my throat and try to convince me it is normal, it's ok, it's meant to be....we have our different beliefs, let's leave it at that.

OP
OP
MD Dog

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Ron and Ann said:
I'm proud of who I am as a person!

I am not for man/man - woman/woman relationships --- it goes against all I believe and what my bible says.

However, I have known and still have as friends, those who choose this lifestyle. I love them as my friend, but I don't agree with their lifestyle.

It would be interesting to see a NON-GAY PRIDE PARADE and see what the outcome would be!

As I feel about bible thumpers, don't push religion down my throat and try to convince me your religion is better than mine, GOD is GOD, we just believe differently. I feel the same about this PRIDE thing...don't shove it down my throat and try to convince me it is normal, it's ok, it's meant to be....we have our different beliefs, let's leave it at that.

Couldn't have said it better. But we will be labeled haters for our beliefs and we don't even have those parades. :icon_scratch:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I don't know why they have to have parades either. It seems to me it draws more attention to them and causes them even more problems. I don't hate anyone for their color or sexual orientation and especially their religion. I have a lot better things to do with my time, LOL.

I wonder how it would go over if we started having "common sense" parades...I would love to see a lot more of that practiced :thumbsup:

MD, I wasn't labeling anyone here as haters. I was just answering your original question of what would happen if we were to have "heterosexual parades". It has been done in the past and didn't turn out too well for them. I don't know how some people believe what they do but they have the right to believe whatever they want no matter how much you or I disagree with them. But I damn sure ain't gonna go to watch them parade up and down the streets and listen to them or watch their antics.

Our county fair is coming up next month and there will be a parade. I went last year for the first time in many years and it will probably be my last. It is mostly local politicians and not very interesting. I don't remember any homo or hetero groups in it but I didn't see one interesting thing the whole hour and a half that we sat up there.

What exactly is the purpose of having a parade anyway? Other then to draw attention to yourself or your group. I guess they are recruiting, I really don't know. Live and let live is the way to go I guess, my Bible says "Judge not lest you be judged" so I will let God figure out who is right and who is wrong and I will continue to do what I believe is right and stay away from the folks that I think are wrong. That seems like the "common sense" thing to do.

JMHO, Charlie

OP
OP
MD Dog

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
I was going to remove my reference to your post savant. But I changed my mind and I'll tell you why. I made the statement at the end that we don't even have those parades, yet you felt the need to dredge up some such parades from the past done by who ? That's right the KKK and the Neonazi's. Now how does that look to you in hindsight ? To me it looks as if you were drawing a corellization between Myself and my post with the Ideas and concepts of the Neonazi's and the KKK. If you read my post the word we in "WE dont even have those parades" would refer to the heterosexuals in my OP. Do you think all Hetero's are KKK or Neo NAzi's obviously not. But I think what you were doing was really trying to defend the gay communities right to believe as they wish. Which I have no problem with either.

What My real point was in the OP is that being Gay is a "choice". Unlike being heterosexual which isn't a choice but is a natural state. You can't really be proud of being heterosexual since it is a normal not chosen state of mind. But you can be proud if you choose to go against the norms of society and choose to be gay. This I believe is where they get their pride from. They actually believe that by "Choosing" to be gay that makes them better in many ways, and as such they are proud to have chosen that lifestyle.

I'm not looking to cause a fight but I believe I have a point I would like to discuss and posted it, I'm sure you won't be the first to disagree with me if you do, I still don't know for sure because your second post sure sounds allot like my thinking on the point. Now if you are saying let live and and don't post such things as I have. Then we don't agree, we may disagree but then that is what these forums are all about anyway, to discuss differing points of view, aren't they ?

K

Kentucky Kache

savant365 said:
Live and let live is the way to go I guess, my Bible says "Judge not lest you be judged" so I will let God figure out who is right and who is wrong and I will continue to do what I believe is right and stay away from the folks that I think are wrong. That seems like the "common sense" thing to do.

JMHO, Charlie

God has already judged them. We are just saying what HE has already said.
But you say you'll stay away from the folks that you think are wrong. Isn't THAT judging?

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
"Live and let live" does not mean that we cannot discuss it. I apologize if you took my first post the wrong way. I didn't mean to infer that you were a member of or associated with those or any groups like them. I was just trying to point out that there have been groups in the past that had the kind of parades you mentioned. They were not any type of group that I would want to belong to or associate with either. They wanted to recruit more white people into their beliefs and do harm to those that they thought were different or wrong in their eyes. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was "dredging" anything up.

I think we can pretty much agree that homosexuality is a "choice" of life style but there are experts that say it can't be helped. They will spout off about how many animal species have same sex relationships but they forget that animals were never given the right to "choose" how to behave like humans were given.

I choose not to associate with them or pay any attention to their so called causes. I don't know that I am proud of being heterosexual but I am certainly GLAD that I am. I can't see what walking up and down the streets drawing attention to it would accomplish though.

Like I said earlier I have way better things to do with my time. I don't really find them offensive or threatening so as long as they leave me alone I won't bother them. Now if I happen to be at the same place like a bar or a restaurant that they are at and they are causing trouble or acting like idiots I would probably treat them the same as I would someone who has had to much to drink or is spouting off religious epitaphs. Tell them to take it somewhere else because they are bothering people. They have a right to their beliefs but I have a right to be left out it. But if I were accidentally to walk into a gay bar (and yes it has happened) if I don't like what I see I should leave and let them be.

As far as their parades go I guess it's the same thing. I wouldn't go to it on pourpose but if I accidentally stumbled on to one while out shopping or something I wouldn't stop a listen to them or watch them do whatever they happen to be doing. I would just go about my business and let them do their thing. As long as they are not infringing on the people that don't want anything to do with their parade they have the same rights as you or I. It would be the same thing as going to a new church, if I didn't like what they were preaching I would leave.

While I don't agree with their life style choice and certainly don't condone it, they are entitled to it if that is what they want. I choose to simply not acknowledge them. They will have to answer for their choices and actions some day the same as all the rest of us will.

Charlie

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Cache Crazy said:
savant365 said:
Live and let live is the way to go I guess, my Bible says "Judge not lest you be judged" so I will let God figure out who is right and who is wrong and I will continue to do what I believe is right and stay away from the folks that I think are wrong. That seems like the "common sense" thing to do.

JMHO, Charlie

But you say you'll stay away from the folks that you think are wrong. Isn't THAT judging?

I don't think choosing not to associate with with them is judging. Don't I have the right to choose who I associate with? I am entitled to my opinions just as much as you or they are. My opinion is that God gave man the right/ability to make choices and I don't have to hangout with or condone the ones who make different choices then I have.

I have had co workers and employees in the past who were openly gay (both male and female) and everything was fine. I didn't push heterosexuality on them and they didn't push homosexuality on me. I don't care if someone is gay, that's their business. They have enough problems without me spouting my opinions at them. I do however have the right to choose what I want to believe and I don't believe that I want to have anything to do with their life style be it a parade or at a bar or whatever function they are having. I would rather go metal detecting or fishing...that's my choice, not me being judgemental.

Charlie

K

Kentucky Kache

mrs.oroblanco said:
They probably have a "parade" for the same reason blacks did and women did during the suffrage years. :dontknow:

B

And we see where THAT got us.

K

Kentucky Kache

savant365 said:
Cache Crazy said:
savant365 said:

JMHO, Charlie

I don't think choosing not to associate with with them is judging. Don't I have the right to choose who I associate with? I am entitled to my opinions just as much as you or they are. My opinion is that God gave man the right/ability to make choices and I don't have to hangout with or condone the ones who make different choices then I have.

I have had co workers and employees in the past who were openly gay (both male and female) and everything was fine. I didn't push heterosexuality on them and they didn't push homosexuality on me. I don't care if someone is gay, that's their business. They have enough problems without me spouting my opinions at them. I do however have the right to choose what I want to believe and I don't believe that I want to have anything to do with their life style be it a parade or at a bar or whatever function they are having. I would rather go metal detecting or fishing...that's my choice, not me being judgemental.

Charlie

You CAN associate with whosever you choose, but in order to do that, you have to make a choice, which is a judgment. And I choose to believe what GOD has said about the subject, and I choose to make a stand.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cache Crazy said:
savant365 said:
Cache Crazy said:
savant365 said:

JMHO, Charlie

Charlie

You CAN associate with whosever you choose, but in order to do that, you have to make a choice, which is a judgment. And I choose to believe what GOD has said about the subject, and I choose to make a stand.

Cache, I agree with you 100% on this quote.

Nova Treasure

K

Kentucky Kache

nova treasure said:
Cache Crazy said:
savant365 said:
Cache Crazy said:
savant365 said:

JMHO, Charlie

Charlie

Cache, I agree with you 100% on this quote.

Nova Treasure

Thanks.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
god judges you --for your "sins" --not I --however god also has put down "code of behavoir or "moral" laws that we are not to hang out with unrepentant sinners least we be tempted into sinning ourselves.

gays have the "legal right" in the USA to think and live their choosen life style *

however do not say that I "MUST" say that they have the right to marry * as in my view they do not --- (a civil union --to give the same "legal rights" as marriage is differant than marriage but would grant the same rights ) or that I "MUST" accept / condone their life style as "normal"--

in my "religious training" marriage is the term by which a union of man and woman is "blessed by god" so that they may live together and raise off spring --( something NO gay couple can ever do , by natures basic design --- man/man or woman/woman are non productive unions --thus they are not meant to be by both nature and gods plan) so as such they are "flukes" or freaks of nature --that even as "freaks of nature" they should still want a "freind / lover / help mate" is understandible --who wants to be alone and unloved or unwanted shunned by the whole world ? --so let the birds of a feather "flock together" via civil unions -- I can understand their desire for medical coverage and other "rights" that "normal" couples have --via a "civil union" decree --but marriage its not --sorry folks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread