How to Shrink a Quarter to the size of a dime

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
No. I don't think they have 1/100 or maybe even 1/1000 of the necessary power to cause an atomic explosion. The configuration is nowhere even close to what would be required either. I don't know exactly what would be required, as I'm not an atomic bomb engineer, but it would take power that would only be available reasonably from a nuclear source, and containment like you wouldn't believe.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Very cool information, Im not building one but love to see this type power harnessed, and explained

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
cheese said:
No. I don't think they have 1/100 or maybe even 1/1000 of the necessary power to cause an atomic explosion. The configuration is nowhere even close to what would be required either. I don't know exactly what would be required, as I'm not an atomic bomb engineer, but it would take power that would only be available reasonably from a nuclear source, and containment like you wouldn't believe.

The energy they released there is sent through the coils and the magnetism literally acts like a super-powered hammer to crush the coin, it's just alot neater than if you used a hammer and anvil to make the coin smaller, the "mass" of the coin remains the same. This is however the same action used to cause a nuclear bomb to detonate.

To release the energy that holds atoms together you need to have something that already has a very high density and is inherently unstable to begin with. (If you ever touch plutonium you will find it is warm to the touch, it is already in a rapid state of decay) The power required to split the atoms in something stable like the the metal coins they shrunk would be astronomical.

The energy they released is likely only around 1/1,000,000th of what would be required to actually split the atoms in the coin itself. (I don't know the details of atomic physics, just the general stuff)

Damn cool tho. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Monty said:
Still say it's a hoax! Monty

I cannot say for "absolute" certainty that this is real (IE. I have not seen the devices firsthand or the coins), but the science and physics of what they are doing is 100% valid.

I must say i'd love to see it firsthand.

Minstrel

Oct 12, 2008
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett-GTI-2500
Old Dog said:
BIG61AL said:
Holy crap! I wonder how big of electromagnetic pulse was generated. I would not want my car anywhere near this. That experiment would fry every transistor and chip in my car's computer

Al,
It wasn't an electromagnetic pulse...
It was o's economy.

LOL
Thom

:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread