All Treasure Hunting
Doing the Impossable

http://intellectualventureslab.com/?p=71

main_headline062409.jpg

Also Watch the other Video Below it
showing it shrinking at over 100,000 frames per second

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
Neat video- But what were the before and after weights ?. To compress a metal to anything like they seem to claim would take enormous gravity and/ or energy . Then , why wouldn't it spring back after the release of the force ? Jim

B

BIG61AL

Holy crap! I wonder how big of electromagnetic pulse was generated. I would not want my car anywhere near this. That experiment would fry every transistor and chip in my car's computer

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW ! :dontknow: I'm at a loss for words to describe that one :thumbsup:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point about the weight. If it is lighter it has emitted antimatter or some form of energy. So where'd it go? I just can't buy it. Monty

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
I'm no physicist but from what little I know of physics, this just plain isn't possible.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From What little I Know of it Myself

Everything is made up of Atoms
Tightly Crushed together.

So If you can Pull them even Closer together
the Item Shrinks.

Of course this statement may be Totally
Wrong :tongue3:

My Mind is Open either way But
would like to know if this was fake.

:wink: :coffee2:

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
Dave - Will the price shrink with the bridge ? How about we shrink the bridge , set it in the middle of the river and enlarge it . This could be a real money maker. Lets get rich . Jim

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
BIG61AL said:
Holy crap! I wonder how big of electromagnetic pulse was generated. I would not want my car anywhere near this. That experiment would fry every transistor and chip in my car's computer

Al,
It wasn't an electromagnetic pulse...
It was o's economy.

LOL
Thom

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Wow. The coin weighs the same. It's smaller in diameter, but thicker. The comments after the show tell the story. The electromagnetic coil creates an intense magnetic field for a brief moment, and the coin becomes intensely magnetic in reverse polarity to the coil, so the coil and coin push against each other fiercely. The coin squishes under the inward pressure and the coil explodes from the outward pressure.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
What if you tried this with a already dense metal like Gold,osmium, or platinum.

How about uranium or platonium

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if done with a already ultra dense item -- can you say critical mass? BOOM!!! ----its just crushing the atoms tighter together making the object smaller but denser it the process --- :think of a trash compacter" it takes a lot "loose" garbage and mashes it using "phyical force" on it a into smaller denser form --- this just uses powerful magnetic "force" to do it rather than phyical "crushing" force of a trash compactor --the actual weight of the item per si is unchanged --thus no matter was gained or lost in the process --volume maybe but not mass .--like the trash exsample there is less volume of it but whats there is denser by volume.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if used with the wrong type of "matter" no doubt it could be used as a sort of "critical mass" triggering device" thus very very dangerous indeed -- in the wrong hands and used for the wrong reason terribly so.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Thing is, the pressure is only inwards from the coil sides, not from the top and bottom. The coin doesn't necessarily become denser, just smaller in diameter. The coin gets thicker to occupy the same volume. That's because the force is not exerted from all sides. Just from around it where the coil is, not top and bottom. In order for it to reach critical mass, there would have to be some very scientific engineering done just to contain the force and cause the item inside to reach that extreme. Look at the destruction that occurred in the blast box just in their little experiment, and that didn't even significantly change the density of the coin. Imagine what it would take to change the density of the coin, and do it so much that it reached a critical point. Lead, gold, or most any other dense metal would blow to powder before reaching a critical state in the device they used.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread