Believe it!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
Hey, this post had nothing to do with animals eating people and you are really polluting my original post. Please stay on the subject or don't post. This is exactly the type of crap that so many people are upset about. M >:( nty.

You have a very good point. I've deleted 2 of my posts and modified a 3rd. Although, that sentence about my position on the food chain was kinda neat. ;D

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get ya, Monty. :wink: I'll pull mine, too.
Scott

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think I am not interested in the posts pertaining to predation because I am, but it's the argueing that got me po'd. Thanks everyone for understanding my point. Monty

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
There you go Monty,

Suffice to say, as long as the Cat's natural prey is plentiful.
The locals won't have to worry too much about their pets.

But I wouldn't leave them out.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I can determine, the area is 99% + rural and I think most of the pets run loose anyway. I know coyotes have ganged up on some pretty big dogs and killed them. A little house dog is just a snack! Most pets that grow up rural soon learn to stay close to home. Monty

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Monty,

One morning we were on our way to Tulsa for a Doctors visit. We were southbound on 177, just in site of the Cimmaron Turnpike.
On the side of the road I noticed something. At first I thought it was a Bobcat, but as we got closer and passed bye it.....turns out it was a Cougar or Mt. Lion, just like in your photo!

It was a beautiful animal to be sure. :thumbsup:
That was the first and only time that I have seen one in the wild....it was cool. ;D

TW

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Monty,

Here is a picture of one a friend of mine sent me.
You may have to look close but there is a cat in the photo.

Attachments

• !cid_B3DE208C-35A0-45C3-8897-B09D9512EE67.jpg
    !cid_B3DE208C-35A0-45C3-8897-B09D9512EE67.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 289

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Neat picture Monty. Up here in Mn, DNR for years denied exsistance of sightings of the big cats until
trail cams started showing them. Hard to deny picture proof- or at least a little bit!

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am not saying the pic isn't possible and really not knowing when the pic was taken, but it would seem like that all the fawns that are being born now,would be so much easier for a meal than a 2 to 3 yr old buck. The buck also looks like it's rub it velvet out,so that would be a buck from the fall. I know Monty you don't know the pics authenticity but just thinking if it is a real pic,it's very amazing to see.

The trail cams are Awesome, they definitely will show things that you didn't know was around.

Cool Story Thanks for sharing,
Nova Treasure

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure but I think the picture was taken last fall. My son has had if for some time now and I just happened to see it on his computer and ask about it. I don't know why anyone would lie to him though but who knows?

TW, is the area you are talking about where you get off the turnike to turn toward Dallas? I've been through there many times.

TT, I nearly blew my eyes out looking for that lion in the rocks and finally saw it! Dang, all I could make out for sure is his face. Monty

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Monty said:
TW, is the area you are talking about where you get off the turnike to turn toward Dallas? I've been through there many times.

Monty,

No.
If you were on 412, going west out of Sand Springs, when you get to the 177 exit for Ponca City, you would exit and go north on 177. The big cat was just north of 412, on the east side of 177. It was just standing there looking at me as we drove by. ;D

TW

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, OK, got it. I've been through there a bunch of times too! It's kinda flat and open out there with trees in deep gorges and around farm homes and farm ponds. Probably a good place to see one. Jim

CamoQueen

Dec 4, 2008
Cochise County, Arizona
We had a mamma and her 2 cubs in our back yard one night! It was one of the coolest things ive ever seen living on Arizona all my life. It is so rare to get to see a mountain lion in the wild. We watched them out the window for a few minutes and i made a creek on the floor when i moved a little and they were gone. But it was sooo cool!

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to eat some crow! I just saw a bit on one of the nature channels about mountain lions attacking people in California. One nearly ate the face off a young lady who was jogging with her friend. He got her down and actually was trying to drag her off into the brush when some guys came upon the scene and ran it off by throwing rocks at it. It stayed around the area apparently still looking for dinner and was found and shot. It didn't appear to have anything wrong with it. The second story was about a fellow riding a bicycle. It knocked him off his bicycle and then kept attacking until for some reason it just ran off. I don't remember if it was hunted down or not. But this always happens when people move into wild animals habitat and leave them no place to go. Bears are a prime example. I saw a town in Alaska thst had a bear proof cage on every block. It wasn't for bears, it was for people to run and get into if a Polar Bear wandered into town which wasn't unusual. Apparently a Polar Bear considrs people just part of the food chain. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread