Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son Jeff is a personal trainer in Oklahoma City. One of his clients is a fairly well off doctor who owns a ranch out in western Oklahoma where he has been managing a deer herd over the past few years. They began to notice several carcasses about the ranch apparently killed by predators. The local authorities claim it is coyotes, bobcats or eagles, etc, but the doctor thought it was a big cat. Since a big cat is not known to be in the area for the last hundred years, authorities were skeptical and kinda' said the doctor was nuts. So, he set up some cameras on his feeders and here's what one of them came up with! I can't testify as to the authenticity of the picture, just what my son was told. Monty

!Deer_Feeder.jpg

Attachments

• !Deer_Feeder.jpg
    !Deer_Feeder.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 649
K

Kentucky Kache

I can't tell if you have a big cat, or a miniature deer. :wink:

Kinda makes you leery of going out into nature.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable that the big cats are returning to North America.
Great photo though!!

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
When he comes off your roof and does the same thing to your child.....or if you are a struggling cattleman and you start loosing your livestock!!!! I said call, not kill.....and I am far from being a wealthy Doctor...my husband works on water windmills..we live very sparse lives here....that is why we hunt and deer is the main meat for our freezer.

Don't worry about it, dear... he's just trying to start stuff... Trolls always do that. :read2:

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah© said:
godisnum1 said:
texastee2007 said:
When he comes off your roof and does the same thing to your child.....or if you are a struggling cattleman and you start loosing your livestock!!!! I said call, not kill.....and I am far from being a wealthy Doctor...my husband works on water windmills..we live very sparse lives here....that is why we hunt and deer is the main meat for our freezer.

Don't worry about it, dear... he's just trying to start stuff... Trolls always do that. :read2:

Bran <><

I have 6000+ posts. You may either state an opinion about the subject at hand, or you can keep quiet.

I am not interested in you stalking every post I make to call me a troll. I will document each occasion and report it. You are free to do the same with my posts if you feel you have a good case.

Otherwise, get lost.

Have a nice day!

Is this a free public forum? Did I pay $20 on top of that to post here anyway?
Yep on both cases. :laughing7: :hello2:

Bran <><

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
There are plenty of those cats around.We have them around here,one with only three legs.The black bears are around again also.We saw one up here near warsaw,mo and one was photographed near springfield,mo,a short time ago.Can't expect them to just turn invisable as people keep moving in on them.

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Great pic!!! There has been one sighted near New Market, Virginia the past few years. The Virginia Game and Fish Department just shruggs it off. "There are no mountain lions in Virginia".

DM

T

trish76642

Pretty cool Picture Monty! I also think there are more of them around than what people realize. I saw one of those for the first time way out in the country early one day...he was just sitting there among a bunch of trees...i had to stop my car just so i could look at him. That was one time i wished i'd had my camera.

And yes..if their hungry they will attack someone...He'd go before he got a chance to hurt one of my kids, or any of my animals tell ya that right now.

K

Kentucky Kache

About the troll. He was successful in getting a forum board deleted, and now it looks like he's trying to get another one. Don't let this happen. Just recognize who the trouble makers are (That's not difficult to do) and ignore them as much as possible. Believe me, it's easy to "get" them in an argument, but it's not worth it. It just makes YOU look bad for arguing and gets boards deleted, which is their plan.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
What about a mountain lion eating a deer makes a varmint?

Are you talking about the wealthy doctor perhaps?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermin

"Varmint" (occasionally "varmit"[4]) is an American-English colloquialism, particularly common to the American east and South-east within the nearby bordering states of the vast Appalachia region. The term describes farm pests which raid farms as opposed to infest farms: mainly predators such as foxes, weasels, and coyotes, sometimes even wolves or rarely, bears; but also (to a lesser degree) herbivores and burrowing animals which directly damage crops and land.

I would say that since this cat is feeding on this Doctors herd of deer he (the cat) would easily classify as a varmint.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Varmint is a very loosely used term where I live. Usually it is used to refer to any animal that is causing you some kind of trouble.

T

trish76642

As long as them Varmints stay over yonder, want be no problem.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This could be one of the cats described in the black mesa area 'cause the private land in question is in that area. They both look well fed. As long as they can find adequate game I think they will shy away from humans. There's more deer in OK now than when the pilgrims landed! Monty

S

stefen

If deer are at the top of the Mountain lion's foodchain, the lion is then classified as a natural preditor.

The lion, however, doesn't recognize imaginary property lines or the fact that a deer herd is owned by a human and is not a part of natures setting.

Killing a domesticated horse or cow, which is not customarily on a lions diet would than make it a varmit.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
but if kitty shows up in my area....kitty will be carpet.
==========
Like here in Pa. , the Game Commission seems to constantly refuse to accept the fact that cougars are & have been seen. When numerous people, that have grown up & hunted in the mountains witness a 3 foot cat jump from an embankment & clear two lanes of a highway near a local ski resort, it obviously
isn't your neighbor's lap cat. Being an ambush predator, there are reports of mountain lions attacking children & hikers. One sure sign cougars are around is when people's house pets in an area start disappearing. I too normally wouldn't bother them, if they start hanging around my place in the mountains, then I'll 'stuff' another cat to go with my full body Bobcat mount. Great picture , by the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread