OT: health care in america

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
I thought of a great idea for our health care system the other day. I know there's a bid debate on whether or not our govenment should be involved or compete in some fashion. But I personally think this idea can bridge the gap between all democrats, republicans and americans. It may not solve all the issues but it can save people money in our economic slump.

Here's what I think would be a great health care plan. Have a government health care savings account. It would be a personal account a single individual can put money in to pay for medical expenses. No money is pooled together! What ever you have in your account in yours! Let's say you want to put back $10,000 for the 2010 year. The govenment will take out a percentage out of your paycheck thru out the year. You wil receive a debit like medical card to pay for medical expenses. All of this keep in mind is tax deferred. Let's also say that at the end of the year you spent 5,000 of the 10,000 you can make an option the government gives you whether to roll over the next year or another option of claiming it on your federal tax return.

This can be called a health care account tax credit. On average people usually gets back around 1,500 on the federal. This extra tax credit can put your return around 6,500. So in all you put aside an amount of money that would be tax but didn't and at the end of the year the taxes don't effect it at all and you get back every dime that you didn't use for the year.

I think people would like the idea of putting a portion of money aside (tax deferred) and have a portion of money that can help pay medical cost. I also think this would cause compitition with the health care industries. In some ways they may have to compete with the government maybe not. But let's admit it we're being ^&%$ by the health care industries. And the rich people who makes over 250,000 a year does the exact same bull crap. This is the very same thing very rich people do to avoid paying taxes it's called loopholes. They set their money into a health care account and collect at the end of the year just to avoid paying taxes.

How could this kinda plan not work for americans??
But the brightest minds in congress haven't even thought of this yet.

Please let me know what ya'll think sounds like a great idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread