Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many stores now have "vendor" articles.

Here, where I work now, we have a vendor for our clothing items, we have a vendor for our novelty items and we have a vendor/s for tourist articles. They come in once a week - more often, of course, during the tourist season. (and if I call them - like we sell different meats and jewelry from a couple of native companies, like buffalo jerky, jewelry, different stones, etc., and if we are out of an item, we will call them).

They do a route just like our milkman and newspaper guy does.

B

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

Paperboy - several different papers

Target - stocker in housewares

Busboy

Field Assistant to Geologists

Fire Assayer

Extractive Metallurgical Technician

Design Engineer

Self Employed - Bulk Vending business

Manager - fire protection and parks/rec district

Wow, never really thought about it but quite a variety of things I've done so far :thumbsup:

Regards,
3xflyfisher

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool thread, I'll jump in. I started pullin cotton when I was 5 for 2 cents a pound. Then I chopped cotton for 75 cents an hour and pulled cotton until I was 12. I worked in a cotton gin and ran the suction until I graduated to running the press. I worked on highway construction when I was 16. I worked in gas stations some. I worked at the peanut plant watching the dryers at night. I was a cop for 25 years, which involved taming small towns, working for the DA as a narcotics investigator, and as a park ranger for the State of Oklahoma. I have worked for the evil empire for the last 9 years but may not for much longer, as they have figured out they can take somebody of the street and pay them half as much for about the same job. I wrote for newspapers and did illustrations for various things, which didn't pay much of nothin, but it was the prestige. The very worse job I remember was being in a cotton trailer behind a cotton stripper stompin the cotton down. I did that for about one day. No more. The best job I had was doing art work where I got paid. I could make 60 bucks an hour. Course, it would only be 10 minutes work.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok... well back like over ten years ago i was working at a job that i really loved!
and a co worker and i decided to apply for night work at a meat packing plant!
so we both got hired and went to work on the "white meant" line.
the purpose for this was to temporally make some extra money.
well.... if you could see the inside of a plant where they package
frozen dinners... you wouldnt eat them! the "white meat".....which
was a HUGE stretch of the term!!! came down out of the ceiling
in these huge pipes...it was piped into the trays, then they got
covered with a film and sent thru a medal detector to make sure there
were no machine parts in the dinners! yeah so that was my time at
a meat packing plant! YUCK!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
Joined the Air Force for 4 years when the vacuum cleaner business didn't work out. Spent time in west Texas, Libya North Africa, and finally discharged in Orlando, Florida. Grew up a little and it was good for me. Went in during Cuban Crisis and got out During Vietnam. All the bases where I was stationed are closed now. Wonder if I had anything to do with it? ;D

Monty

Monty when were you discharged? I was discharged at McCoy also, 1971...... (1967-1971)

1st job at 13, .50 cents hour working in nursery potting plants, got .75 cents hour when I was laying sod, working after school and on weekends.

Parking attendent
Recap tires
Airforce
Construction (mason tender, dug footings, finish concrete)
Chimney sweep
Telecommunications (36 years)

Certified Bob Ross Instructor. Gave landscape painting classes, public and private for 5 years , as well as traditional wildlife painting. Sold maybe a dozen paintings. Vendor in Craft shows for several years) I would paint on anything that didn't move.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now lets see.sausage maker,gas station attendant you know ck. your oil wash your windows etc.etc. days. Then off to real work took the train weekly from wisconsin to indiana working for U.S steel on the rolling mill 16hrs aday, slept in the crane never late for work doing that. sat. take the train back till sunday nite and back to work, double time and 100 percent piece work was great, 825.00 a week back in 1965 was gooood $ lasted 25 weeks, then found work running a hammer at the local drop forage worked my way up to 85 hammer worlds largest at that time, cool job was a oiler meaning I had to oil a extruted section of a hot die before the hammer struck a 98 thousand steam chest used in reactors, 3 squirts of oil and my day was done 18 months. 9 years navy reserves 2 active as a carpenter hull tech. firefighter 34 years which during that career started a laser engraving business using a 1500 hundred watt laser which was sold to the Russians in 92 Oh the good old days back in the 80s 90s earning $ was like stealing Thank god I diden t finish collage it would have been a waste and now fully retired. the hardest now part is satisfying my rich wife. Oh yea I forgot. the diesel fitter job thats the one at the local bra factory you heald up the bra and yelled diesel fitter..... :laughing9:

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
Well, I've been out of work for about 8 months, so I decided to keep busy. I volunteered at a local hospital in the Emergency Room. Sure it's just cleaning beds, restocking medical supplies, transporting files and doing gopher work, but it's also directly helping patients and their families. My work allows the professionals to do the very critical and necessary things that save lives without having to search for sutures or hypodermics. Only 4 hours a week, but it makes me feel good.
Should have volunteered a long time ago.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Johnnysan- :icon_thumleft:
ok Rginn, you got my attention. What art?

For me, ummm

sonic carhop-1month
convience store clerk-1 1/2 year
garment factory-2 months
stay-at-home mom-13 years
artisan/wax chaser/moldmaker-13 years
Starving Artist-30 years ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread