Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3rd part of Burdie's trip in South Dakota Black Hills

WOW what a great place to visit. Remember I am a day behind on Posting. Yesterday history was made at Mount Rushmore. For the second time only a banner was draped near the Presidents. Mt Rush sign.jpg
Banner1.jpg crop Pres..jpg
I saw five handcuffed heading for jail. I don't know how many total was involved. I think it might be a federal offense but not sure.
sideview Wash..jpg

One of the tunnels we went through with a bus was very tight but it was worth it. Look at the shot of M. Rushmore through the tunnel. drovebusthroughtunnel.jpg Mt Rushthroughtunnel.jpg

We stoped at Thunder mine and toured it. Two guys spent 35 years mining on their spare time and only found 9 ounces of gold. ????? what a waste good thing they kept their day job. Here is my little miner. My little miner.jpg

Inside shot of mine. rust from Iron ore.jpg

We then stoped at Crazy Horse monument. crazy horse.jpg C H both.jpg

Hope you have enjoyed the pictures I am not to good at it.
Burdie

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Re: 3rd part of Burdie's trip in South Dakota Black Hills

Crazy horse is a lot further complete from the last time I saw a pic of it.Tell Vicky that hat looks pretty good on her.She can make a Easter basket out of it.35yrs for 9 oz of gold?That sounds like what I'm working on.Thanks for the pics,Stan and really enjoy yourself the rest of your vacation.Stay safe.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great pics, Burdie. I had to go find out what happened at Mt. Rushmore by reading the www. Anyway, y'all still have a great time...we want to see you too. Get Vickie to snap one of ya! Looking forward to where I'm gonna be at with y'all tomorrow. ;D

:wink: RR

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

From what I read today, they were Greenpeace folks doing their do. It's ok. They were "rescued" off the mountain. You were there on a memorable day!

Noodle

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Love these sots and keep them coming! I'm having a great time! :hello:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

looks like you folks are having a great time in Sodak country, have some fun for the rest of us too LOL

Sniffer

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Excellent photos Stan...Vickie looks cute in her little hat....I have always wanted to take the girls there and hopefully someday will...Thanks for sharing your vacation!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread